Update 1.16 Undocumented Changes

Happy with the update?

• Total voters
I noticed that the car wobbles a bit more in all directions, it's more responsive to surface undulations. People noted that Midfield seemed bumpy, but in reality it's mostly very smooth and flat. Transitions in track surface camber offer slight bumps that the car responds to. The faster you go, the greater the effect, because bumps seem more severe.

I exclaimed the same wobble in a race on R246 online with a Spoon S2000. All through the race I was saying I must have the stock suspension fitted but on finishing, I checked and racing suspension was attached.
I then raced on Midfield and felt the wobble again on the left hander before the bridge/tunnel that leads unto the straight.

Edit: DS3 ABS1 No aids

Last edited:
I exclaimed the same wobble in a race on R246 online with a Spoon S2000. All through the race I was saying I must have the stock suspension fitted but on finishing, I checked and racing suspension was attached.
I then raced on Midfield and felt the wobble again on the left hander before the bridge/tunnel that leads unto the straight.

Edit: DS3 ABS1 No aids

Do you notice this wobble that tends to change kind snap on as you hit a certain speed? I was racing around with the AI on Motegi Road course on real with my GT3 styled Aston DB9. Aside from the relatively quick steering that I notice so far on all my GT3 tuned cars I noticed that this time upon cresting the hill on the back straight there is a definite dive I never noticed before and I run around Motegi and Red Bull ring for my GT3 tuning. The wobble is easily seen from outside in 3rd person, especially when you turn. DS3 user here and it's a bit weird since 2 weeks ago steering was much tighter. Car movement is definitely much looser than ever also there is a subtle shake when in cockpit, faster the car the more noticeable it is. Will run more driving tests to see if I'm not just experiencing some sort of off hand effect. Been playing DriveClub and The Crew and GT would do well to gain DC visceral sense of speed.

Another thing is because of the quicker DS3 steering, it feels like aero effects kick in at a certain speed for cars with body mods, haven't tried a car without yet but it's rather unpleasant and may cause the car to dart slightly to the right or left. Also not sure if I'm seeing things but I think that PD have included the weight placement of the driver, my Aston Martin was tilted slightly to the right. I'll have to check that one again but I'm pretty sure it was leaning to one side from 3rd person view. Don't quote me on this, I could have been sideways.

Note mentioning, but not game-changing...the Alpine logo in VGT menu has changed. Maybe it was done before the update, but I can't tell.
That's new, but they haven't done the same for the Alpine logo in the Main Dealerships

Now, about the poster who came in with his negativity (in the wrong thread). Whether it's someone who is praising PD or bashing them, there are people who will disagree with them and explain to them the reason(s) behind their stance. Sometimes it comes off as a harsh reply, sometimes it's playful (eh, SOMEtimes) and sometimes they're spoken to in an earnest, mature manner. It didn't happen that time and I'll end this post by saying I'm no saint.

People know damn well, though, I back PD up to the point of being labeled by a certain few as a "PD apologist".

This is wayyyyyyyyy off-topic, and I even mentioned that before. I can't help it.

Just out of curiosity, as I appear to be the only one who posted in the wrong thread openly (and re posted in the correct thread in under a minute after realising mistake) are you referring to me here?

If so, perhaps you should read what I wrote.
I never wrote any complaints?
I wrote and provided links to videos I made that display an issue with the FFB and to a video displaying the same car/track AFTER my findings were complete. It's a post to a solution to the wheel oscillation issue I (and many others were having).

I tested GT6 versions 1.00, 1.03, 1.06, 1.12, 1.15, 1.16 and did a myriad of tests and FFB setting changes to understand exactly what went on under the hood of the FFB changes.

I display a video of the issue before my findings, and 1 after my findings.
Testing involved over 140GB of downloads and re installs and 2 days solid testing of same car, same track and even included me testing my results against my own Focus ST to see how accurate I could get them (now I have completely eradicated the oscillation issue in GT6 completely, see video provided).

I can now successfully drive any car, any speed, any track and have absolutely 0 unwarranted oscillation.

No more letting go of the wheel and getting greeted with violent bizarre left/right bouncing of the wheel, Even when stationary! I was experiencing this bug, I have now got GT6 with absolutely 0 unwarranted oscillation. It has transformed the game completely! It's not supposed to oscillate! And now I have eradicated it come,Ely, this game feel incredible! Absolutely incredible!

So my post was a fix, a successful happy post stating I would help fix others who have oscillation wheel syndrome too! Not a bad one?

So if you meant me in you post above, you might want to read what I wrote and take it all back!
If you didn't mean me...

Carry on :)

Last edited:
One problem fixed and another one created. If you sort by mileage and the car data is updated, the sort by date acquired becomes totally screwed!

Dag'namit, I've just had a look for myself and it seems that you are correct.....WTF PD??

The garage no longer organizes highest to lowest mileage.

It does, mine does, you have to actually select it via the ■ button for it re-update and work.

Your pic looks to be 'Date Acquired' or 'Date Used' screenshot.

The garage no longer organizes highest to lowest mileage.

itrEdGl.jpg

My garage does. Sure you just didn't select it in the sorting options?

@SavageEvil

Only when braking for a turn, very noticeable on Midfield where I mentioned before as it seems to be very bumpy as you brake into the left hander. Also at R246 at Shuto Ko Expressway and Marunouchi subway line. Clearly, there is this sort of heaviness and wobble effect

Sorry. I was out driving my Mustang.

With my dad.

I know I lied. I got bored. Yeah it was a bad thing to do, but it won't catch me in the rear. After all, I've thought about what I said.

I drive a CR-V and I work at a local Food Lion. I don't have money like that. That wasn't my dad. He never had a corvette.

I did violate the AUP however, which is bad, something I'll never consider doing a second time. That's my last go round. I planned on returning to normal, but we're back where we started; in a 50,000 feet deep ravine were Zuel is found.

Last edited:
Which car and which parts, what control setup?

I tried the LM55 and Mini VGT at Midfield, nothing done to them.
A stock M3 CSL at Eiger short.
A stock EK9 at Madrid, and an R33 with and without differential mods at the same track.
A stock series 2 Clio V6 at Cote D'Azure.
A stock Legnum VR4 at Willow Springs.
A stock T350C at Trial Mountain.
A stock 330i at Nürburgring.

Racing hards on the Mazda, Comfort Soft on the Mini and Comfort Mediums on everything else, except the T350 which I also tried with Sports Hard.

No aids, no ABS, DS3.

I was drifting like a pro, by my standards, except for the occasional DS3 snap back. I attribute that to better visual feedback of the car's attitude from the more subtle body inertia. Which leads into...

I don't think anyone mentioned the FOV, and I agree that it's the same. I noticed that the car wobbles a bit more in all directions, it's more responsive to surface undulations. People noted that Midfield seemed bumpy, but in reality it's mostly very smooth and flat. Transitions in track surface camber offer slight bumps that the car responds to. The faster you go, the greater the effect, because bumps seem more severe.

I'm not going into detail on my car's setup, I've worked on it for a few weeks now on a lot of different courses, and all you'd need to know is it handles how I like, and I have used it so much I would notice any changes to the set up no matter how minor.

It's the gt500 mustang, with specs from the Core V8 Supercar Series. I also don't race with a controller, so unlike ds3 users, I would physically be able to tell if the physics were any different. They aren't. My Mustang drives exactly as before, no more "bumps" or "roll" than it had previously. Drifting is also no different than before. It is just a placebo effect, and if you read back through all the other undocumented changes thread, people seem to get these placebos every single time lol.

I know I lied. I got bored. Yeah it was a bad thing to do, but it won't catch me in the rear. After all, I've thought about what I said.

I drive a CR-V and I work at a local Food Lion. I don't have money like that. That wasn't my dad. He never had a corvette.

I did violate the AUP however, which is bad, something I'll never consider doing a second third fourth time. That's my last go round. I planned on returning to normal, but we're back where we started; in a 50,000 feet deep ravine were Zuel is found.

FTFY.

Where is the option for really surprised with a 1.16 update :)

I am surprised that they bothered with B spec but I am glad they did and also the free track 👍

Mount panorama replay is changed. I do not know if with Bspec or was done before? But all replays now looks fantastic with nice camera angles and improved quality :bowdown: GT6 always had amazing gfx but some how now it looks even better. Enjoying the B spec while I am eating :lol:

some more things I noticed

Audir 8 lms ultra is much more controllable, now I can drive it before I couldn't.

made adjustments to the FOV of the game. Cizeta/pagani zonda in replay, internal camera, it's easy to notice, including you can see internal parts not so well modeled, the seat of the car for example.

Bathurst I was under the impression that decreased the glitch with the shadows of the track.

made adjustments to the FOV of the game. Cizeta/pagani zonda in replay, internal camera, it's easy to notice, including you can see internal parts not so well modeled, the seat of the car for example.
How did you adjust the FOV?

About the "placebo physics" : maybe there has been a change with the DS3 sensitivity / stuff like that. I use the pad occasionnally to do some seasonals late in the night when I need money, but that's not enough for me to tell if they have smoothened out the DS3 inputs. But that's the only thing I see that could have been changed (as they mentionned tweaking it for a few cars), as I still see no difference in physics at all with the wheel.

Plus, PoDi would tell any tweaks in physics.

I'm not going into detail on my car's setup, I've worked on it for a few weeks now on a lot of different courses, and all you'd need to know is it handles how I like, and I have used it so much I would notice any changes to the set up no matter how minor.

It's the gt500 mustang, with specs from the Core V8 Supercar Series. I also don't race with a controller, so unlike ds3 users, I would physically be able to tell if the physics were any different. They aren't. My Mustang drives exactly as before, no more "bumps" or "roll" than it had previously. Drifting is also no different than before. It is just a placebo effect, and if you read back through all the other undocumented changes thread, people seem to get these placebos every single time lol.
I have reason to believe that a race setup would diminish the effect. It's certainly my experience with the update.

Dag'namit, I've just had a look for myself and it seems that you are correct.....WTF PD??

It does, mine does, you have to actually select it via the ■ button for it re-update and work.

Your pic looks to be 'Date Acquired' or 'Date Used' screenshot.

My garage does. Sure you just didn't select it in the sorting options?

Always had it on mileage Since the last update. Must have reset for whatever reason. All good now. 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-16-general-discussion-thread.324552/page-6#post-10493964
I found this post relating to what you were talking about with the steering wheel issues, but I don't think it's all of it (i.e., missing videos). Can you direct me to your findings / solution to the problem? I'd appreciate it.

HCK
Just out of curiosity, as I appear to be the only one who posted in the wrong thread openly (and re posted in the correct thread in under a minute after realising mistake) are you referring to me here?

If so, perhaps you should read what I wrote.
I never wrote any complaints?
I wrote and provided links to videos I made that display an issue with the FFB and to a video displaying the same car/track AFTER my findings were complete. It's a post to a solution to the wheel oscillation issue I (and many others were having).

I tested GT6 versions 1.00, 1.03, 1.06, 1.12, 1.15, 1.16 and did a myriad of tests and FFB setting changes to understand exactly what went on under the hood of the FFB changes.

I display a video of the issue before my findings, and 1 after my findings.
Testing involved over 140GB of downloads and re installs and 2 days solid testing of same car, same track and even included me testing my results against my own Focus ST to see how accurate I could get them (now I have completely eradicated the oscillation issue in GT6 completely, see video provided).

I can now successfully drive any car, any speed, any track and have absolutely 0 unwarranted oscillation.

No more letting go of the wheel and getting greeted with violent bizarre left/right bouncing of the wheel, Even when stationary! I was experiencing this bug, I have now got GT6 with absolutely 0 unwarranted oscillation. It has transformed the game completely! It's not supposed to oscillate! And now I have eradicated it come,Ely, this game feel incredible! Absolutely incredible!

So my post was a fix, a successful happy post stating I would help fix others who have oscillation wheel syndrome too! Not a bad one?

So if you meant me in you post above, you might want to read what I wrote and take it all back!
If you didn't mean me...

Carry on :)
haha Well said. I was not referring to you, Mr. I-Can-Solve-The-World's-Steering-Wheel-Issues. That's fantastic what you've been able to... solve? I have to read your findings to see if it can help me out with that oscillation problem, but I don't know how to fix it from what you described (since you deleted the original post). I'll go have a good look at it after I get some food in my stomach. I'm really sorry you thought I was talking about you that whole time. It was about a post someone made that was basically about how unsatisfactory this update was to them, in a fashion that came off as, "This update was meant to please me!"

I didn't chastise that person even though I would have spoke up against them had it been during anti-PD overrun thread (this isn't that type of thread). There's a lot more to it (from my perspective). My gripe, which I didn't intend for it to offend (@TheProRacer) the person that put the negativity poster in their place, stemmed from an "ignore that type of negative post which doesn't belong here at all". I keep going off-topic, but I have to publicly declare I didn't mean to offend any of the people involved and I regret you felt you were unreasonably being singled out, when in fact, your original post belongs here more than my off-topic posts addressing these hopefully avoidable discussions (in the wrong thread; damn it, you did it again!)

I apologize to you, ProRacer, and even Johnnypenso, whom I think shouldn't be to blame AT ALL for what's transpired. I, sincerely, take these situations to heart and only want people to understand there's a time and a place for everything, but on a forum, it should be open for discussion (... sparingly) over those kinds of posts I described in the post you thought was about your negligible steering wheel "fixes" :D (I'm joking, of course). I'll read through that post you made, and fingers crossed it helps me out.

Oh boy. Please, moderators and administrators, give me a warning at the most, if necessary, taking into consideration I didn't want to carry on going off-topic, though I had good intentions after continuing to post off-topic. I did try to contribute in my first few posts for this thread; I did the best I could do with limited knowledge (but a pretty decent understanding on how the gameplay mechanics work).

Last edited:
I don't know if this is new to v1.16, but I have never seen it before...

Using my Lamborghini Diablo GT, I was thinking of changing the rear wing to a custom wing. If you start subtracting from the width of the wing, at a certain point a warning pops up saying "You car's winglets are too close to its body." If you keep reducing the width of the wing the warning changes to say "Your car's winglets are touching its body."

I don't know if this is new to v1.16, but I have never seen it before...

Using my Lamborghini Diablo GT, I was thinking of changing the rear wing to a custom wing. If you start subtracting from the width of the wing, at a certain point a warning pops up saying "You car's winglets are too close to its body." If you keep reducing the width of the wing the warning changes to say "Your car's winglets are touching its body."

Not a new thing, been in since the custom wings were added.

Not a new thing, been in since the custom wings were added.
Really? Wow...I've never seen that message before -- and I've made some ridiculously narrow wings, just fooling around and not actually installing them. Perhaps it was because my wings were so tall, in the past, whereas this Diablo had the wing very low to the body. Thanks for setting me straight! 👍

Really? Wow...I've never seen that message before -- and I've made some ridiculously narrow wings, just fooling around and not actually installing them. Perhaps it was because my wings were so tall, in the past, whereas this Diablo had the wing very low to the body. Thanks for setting me straight! 👍

Usually the height causes issues, a few cars you can put the wing down so low it'll just always have that message. Changing the wing endplates might help out.

Back