Update 1:20 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 172 comments
The Tomahawk S is PAINTABLE & so is the stock RIMS.............. PAINTABLE STOCK RIMS = WOW.
Maybe it's the 1st car to ever have it as I haven't tried others yet. You cannot paint the Brake Calibers tho.

UPDATE: Looks like the Tomahawk X is PAINTABLE as well. This 1 is going to be VERY Special as the X keeps it's secondary (middle) paint color of choice..... Ex. Blue & Yellow. But the X Stock rims are not paintable...

I think it was just an On/Off switch before, people saying they can powershift and it's difficult to miss shift now means that it's not anymore.

Once, I tested how much power you could have & shift at the same time. It was about 10-20%.

Here's how: drive along in 1st gear with 10% throttle on & do a fast shift into second. Repeat the same excercise eith 20%, then 30% to see if & when the game will not let you shift anymore. If you can go all the way up to 100%, then you'll know it's been fixed, & only until someone performs a similar test will we know for sure.

Last edited:
I took the F40 for the test. If upshifting you still have to use 10-20% of throttle or else you'll misshift. Weirdly, you can downshift from 2nd to 1st with full throttle. But the change I think is, and it was especially noticeable with cars where 1st and 2nd gear ratios were far apart, you had to slowly change gears, so in between the revs would drop a little closer to match the gearbox speed. F40 with stock gearbox was a good example of that. Now you can smash it from 1st to 2nd and it will go into gear.

Has anyone tested if standard cars with custom transmission can now be shifted with clutch+h-shifter? If they fixed the clutch maybe they fixed that aswell.

There's no 1.20 general thread, so can anyone post the differences between the old and new LM55? :confused:

Also, update-ily reminder that Bertone is still in the Vision GT menu. I'll keep reminding this in every update thread until it's released or removed from the menu. ;)

Furthermore, the GT Academy LMP2 and LMP1 doesn't appear in Hot Cars, only in Le Mans under Recommended Cars menu.

UPDATE: Looks like the Tomahawk X is PAINTABLE as well. This 1 is going to be VERY Special as the X keeps it's secondary (middle) paint color of choice..... Ex. Blue & Yellow. But the X Stock rims are not paintable...
Noooooooooo! That's a bummer. I was contemplating painting them to match the secondary color. Can you at least replace the stock wheels?

There's no 1.20 general thread, so can anyone post the differences between the old and new LM55? :confused:

Also, update-ily reminder that Bertone is still in the Vision GT menu. I'll keep reminding this in every update thread until it's released or removed from the menu. ;)

Furthermore, the GT Academy LMP2 and LMP1 doesn't appear in Hot Cars, only in Le Mans under Recommended Cars menu.

I can confirm that the clutch is better. I took the 07 Civic Type R (No better car to do this) and smashed about the transmission on the G27. It's harder to miss a shift, I can change gears way faster now and the game registers this. Powershifting in some instances works but your timing has to be on point.

Also, the Tomahawk X when I was listening has sounds for the moving body panels when they deploy and retreat. You can hear this when the car is going at a low speed and coming to a standstill

The sounds on the Mazda seem to be the same for me but that random cracking seems to be unintentional from the AES

Lastly, the airbrake sound issue on the Peugeot VGT has been fixed.

Noooooooooo! That's a bummer. I was contemplating painting them to match the secondary color. Can you at least replace the stock wheels?

If you get the X with the silver SRT logo, all the silver elements remain silver not matter what colour you pain the car. It looks pretty cool. I went for a metallic red :)

Needto check the clutch thing myself. In the previous beginners seasonal in cape, I noticed that I couldn't miss a shift with the Audi TT (the one given as prize before). But it was back to frustration with my Acura integra r 01??

If you get the X with the silver SRT logo, all the silver elements remain silver not matter what colour you pain the car. It looks pretty cool. I went for a metallic red :)
I love the one painted white with light green accents. Matching green wheels would be... :drool:

Thats weird. The clutch is still the same for me when drifting. I still miss-shift around the same amount of throttle input, plus clutchkicking is still useless.

Just a tip, since the introduction of the Mini VGT the gallery view of all VGTs run at 0.5 speed and look really slow and choppy. If you're using the HTML5 player, put it on 2x playback speed to view it smoothly. Even if it ruins the GT4 song. Oh, the memories...

..so is the clutch fixed or not? Especially gearing up from 1st to 2nd was so annoying, I have friends that actually quit GT because of that!

I don't see much difference on clutch, maybe it's a bit better, nothing extraordinary though.

Edit: I don't like to compare things but I love the clutch on GRID AutoSport.

Back