Update 1:20 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 172 comments
I wish they would of added the car 21 livery as a purchase able color to the GTR LM.
Very nice undocumented change. 👍

(Sarcasm...) :rolleyes:

Remember, this is not a wishlist thread. Nor is this a general discussion thread. Please stay on topic.

Last edited:
?

It's just a text file of the contents of the install folder. Anybody can read it. What I can't do / see is the contents of this folder, like getting the track logos for example.

Somebody needs to step up, I'm sure I read on here that images for the Course Maker were already in the folder? Lets see them...

?

It's just a text file of the contents of the install folder. Anybody can read it. What I can't do / see is the contents of this folder, like getting the track logos for example.

Somebody needs to step up, I'm sure I read on here that images for the Course Maker were already in the folder? Lets see them...
It (the text file) indeed contains some reference to course maker templates (ctrl-f for 'cm_template'), 11 of them.
Also the coursemakerroot, but you mentioned that before...

Other interesting stuff I found in the file: (note that a lot of this is likely leftovers from previous games, or scrapped features. I also might be misinterpreting some strings of text)

Tracks: (Probably all GT4/5 leftovers)
Assisi
Beginner's Course
Campo
Grand Canyon
Hong Kong
Ice Race
Infineon
Kart Track A-E (I believe these are logos used in GT5 somewhere)
Las Vegas
rally_akasaka
rally_assisi
rally_capri
rally_eiger
rally_grandcanyon
rally_icerace
rally_nursnow
rally_paris_rally
rally_smtsouth
rally_tahiti_maze
rally_yosemite_dirt
rally_yosemite_dirt_mini
rally_yosemite_dirt_short
seattle
seoul

Features:
career_formula (next to career_a career_b career_ia career_ib career_n career_s, possibly refers to red bull challenge)
champions_league
grand_tour
pacenote (probably from GT5 rally)
race_drag
silverstone_6h (endurance races, there are multiple references of this kind (e.g. spa_24h, willow_200mile) on tracks new to GT6)
SecretRoot (secret menu, like in GT5(P)?)
StickerRoot (livery editor?)

Course maker related items:
course_maker
race_course_edit
cm_thumb_template01
cm_thumb_template02
cm_thumb_template03
cm_thumb_template04
cm_thumb_template05
cm_thumb_template06
cm_thumb_template07
cm_thumb_template08
cm_thumb_template09
cm_thumb_template10
cm_thumb_template11
CourseMakerRoot
RaceCourseEditProjectComponent
andalusia
andalusia_01
andalusia_02

Once again: none of this means anything, these are a lot of old leftovers, and some might be scrapped features.

Last edited:
It (the text file) indeed contains some reference to course maker templates (ctrl-f for 'cm_template'), 11 of them.
Also the coursemakerroot, but you mentioned that before...

Other interesting stuff I found in the file:

Tracks:
Assisi
Beginner's Course
Campo

Features:
career_formula (next to career_a career_b career_ia career_ib career_n career_s, possibly refers to red bull challenge)

Will update this if I find more

Lots of the things in that text file are obviously scrap. It's just PD leaving the code in there.
--
Course maker stuff:
upload_2015-6-26_17-0-53.png

Would prefer if this was at least on Mediafire (Because I'm biased) instead of the gelatin moving fruitcake that is sharebeast.

I don't see much difference in the clutch. Took out the Mazda RX500 '70 that I was driving with the clutch just before the update and it felt the same. Still missed shifts. Unless this clutch fix is for specific cars, I don't think it's much better. Time will tell. Dose anybody else have the same feelings?

Considering Kaz ruled out any new tracks coming to GT6 in that interview two weeks ago, I think we can rule out that suggestion they've scanned a Speedway for GT6.

Maybe.. Maybe.. They were preparing a big Spec 2.0 since all this time? I don't know, pure speculation, it's fun to see this. I am not expecting this of course.

I can confirm clutch is still useless for hard launches especially switching from 1st to 2nd gear.. Nothing has changed - I seriously wonder if Kaz or any of the testers use an H-shifter at all..! What is more infuriating though, is that even though the whole (GT) planet compains about it, they (PD) might actually be oblivious to all of these complaints because I doubt anyone of them speaks English!
💡 How about we get someone who knows japanese, gives us a translation of "the clutch doesn't work properly :banghead: - please fix it!!!" and start bombarding PD and KAZ through all known social media until they do so..

Last edited:
I can confirm clutch is still useless for hard launches especially switching from 1st to 2nd gear.. Nothing has changed - I seriously wonder if Kaz or any of the testers use an H-shifter at all..! What is more infuriating though, is that even though the whole (GT) planet compains about it, they (PD) might actually be oblivious to all of these compaints because I doubt anyone of them speaks English!
💡 How about we get someone who knows japanese, gives us a translation of "the clutch doesn't work properly :banghead: - please fix it!!!" and start bombarding PD and KAZ through all known social media until they do so..

Translator San?

Back