Update 1:20 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 172 comments
I can confirm clutch is still useless for hard launches especially switching from 1st to 2nd gear.. Nothing has changed - I seriously wonder if Kaz or any of the testers use an H-shifter at all..! What is more infuriating though, is that even though the whole (GT) planet compains about it, they (PD) might actually be oblivious to all of these compaints because I doubt anyone of them speaks English!
💡 How about we get someone who knows japanese, gives us a translation of "the clutch doesn't work properly :banghead: - please fix it!!!" and start bombarding PD and KAZ through all known social media until they do so..
Since update, I haven't missed any shift. For me, from 1st to 2nd are perfect now

I can confirm clutch is still useless for hard launches especially switching from 1st to 2nd gear.. Nothing has changed - I seriously wonder if Kaz or any of the testers use an H-shifter at all..! What is more infuriating though, is that even though the whole (GT) planet compains about it, they (PD) might actually be oblivious to all of these compaints because I doubt anyone of them speaks English!
💡 How about we get someone who knows japanese, gives us a translation of "the clutch doesn't work properly :banghead: - please fix it!!!" and start bombarding PD and KAZ through all known social media until they do so..
I want the problem fixed, but the problem has nothing to do with the clutch. So shouting about the clutch won't get the problem fixed, unless you translate from ignorant to correct before translating to Japanese. :P

I say that because the clutch was looked at by PD ages ago, and was much improved; but this mis-shift problem persists, because it has nothing to do with the clutch.

The problem is, correctly, the gear selection logic: specifically the throttle check and the requirement to re-select neutral before a second attempt is registered. It was introduced for parity with the DS3 in GT5P; since hardware hacks can get around the checks and the DS3 gear shifts are ultra-rapid now, there seems little point in keeping the extra checks in place any more.

I've not tried H-pattern with the new update yet.

It's more telling of the ability to drag something to the track than Drag racing.

Or the act of dragging track project files around, that's how I read it.

--

On topic, since 1.20 the Peugeot Vision GT gives you whatever paint you choose as chip. When you apply it to another car in GT Auto, it shows flat black without any light reflections (like the broken WR Blue Mica that was fixed a while back). This could apply to more VGTs, didn't try others yet.

Or the act of dragging track project files around, that's how I read it.

--

On topic, since 1.20 the Peugeot Vision GT gives you whatever paint you choose as chip. When you apply it to another car in GT Auto, it shows flat black without any light reflections (like the broken WR Blue Mica that was fixed a while back). This could apply to more VGTs, didn't try others yet.
The project files are related to how the UI is presented; each menu is effectively a "project". They're using some kind of middleware.

There are references to a drag race type in older binaries of GT6, but that may just be a hangover from GT2 or GT4...

@xZAMGMarmite The dots seems to be separators between each item, so it might be easier to read if you replace all dots with line breaks. If you have Word you can do that by using the "Replace with" tool and replacing . with ^11 (command for "new line").

Edit: Found the clutch problem :sly:

clutch.png

Edit 2: Also, the items seems to be in alphabetical order so just because these items are next to each other doesn't mean that they're all related to the course maker:

course_img
course_img_01
course_img_02
course_logo_L
course_logo_M
course_logo_S
course_maker
course_map_L
course_map_LL
course_map_M

Last edited:
I want the problem fixed, but the problem has nothing to do with the clutch. So shouting about the clutch won't get the problem fixed, unless you translate from ignorant to correct before translating to Japanese. :P

I say that because the clutch was looked at by PD ages ago, and was much improved; but this mis-shift problem persists, because it has nothing to do with the clutch.

The problem is, correctly, the gear selection logic: specifically the throttle check and the requirement to re-select neutral before a second attempt is registered. It was introduced for parity with the DS3 in GT5P; since hardware hacks can get around the checks and the DS3 gear shifts are ultra-rapid now, there seems little point in keeping the extra checks in place any more.

I've not tried H-pattern with the new update yet.

What do you mean? As I see it the problem is that at a certain % of accellerator input the clutch is nullified (as if it's not being pressed).

Just came across this and here's an idea: How about posting undocumented changes instead of making the same run of the mill complaints involving the stereotypical, unnecessary use of exclamation marks and a ignorant bash born of your ragequit?

Just came across this and here's an idea: How about posting undocumented changes instead of making the same run of the mill complaints involving the stereotypical, unnecessary use of exclamation marks and a ignorant bash born of your ragequit?

What in the world are you talking about? In the undocumented changes you state that
Shifting with Clutch Has been improved
and I just came here to say that you are wrong - IMO nothing has changed! If you believe it has, provide substantial proof for it!
And I'm not ragequitting, I actually love GT6, even more so after I started racing In real life, I actually found GT to be better at simulating road cars than Sims like Rfactor1,2/AC!

I'd be grateful if you sent me a pm correcting me - then I could edit my posts - win! :)

No I meant that PD spelt something incorrectly...
clutch-png.399077
There's lots of that in the game. Much of it looks like typos, some of it Engrish etc. It's unlikely to cause errors in the builds we see.

Modern IDEs typically track variables and other objects and update them automatically if you change their label (and in some cases their value), so this is less of an issue than it might seem (most of the time any way; it's really just a crutch, and shouldn't be relied upon).

Funny, my browser's spellchecker thinks "spelt" is spelled wrongly. Of course, spelt is a grain, so that's why I don't trust it...

I don't see much difference in the clutch. Took out the Mazda RX500 '70 that I was driving with the clutch just before the update and it felt the same. Still missed shifts. Unless this clutch fix is for specific cars, I don't think it's much better. Time will tell. Dose anybody else have the same feelings?
Yeap.
I don't see any differences between before/after.

This isn't really an undocumented change, but I don't know where else to put this.

Whereas last year they only updated the monument outside Goodwood House and didn't change anything else on the Goodwood Hillclimb, its clear they have made at least one more change to the circuit this year. The old large red Honda sign, on the right hand side at the first right hand corner, has been replaced by an open grandstand area with no roof.

I've checked comparison vids a few times and cannot see any other obvious differences, but if anyone wants me to check anything let me know :cheers:
wrong, the honda sign its still there,right side of the first corner( and near the mercedes poster)

You are one very sad individual.

You are one very sad individual.

:odd:

What in the world are you talking about? In the undocumented changes you state that
and I just came here to say that you are wrong - IMO nothing has changed! If you believe it has, provide substantial proof for it!
And I'm not ragequitting, I actually love GT6, even more so after I started racing In real life, I actually found GT to be better at simulating road cars than Sims like Rfactor1,2/AC!

Seems your post was just spent complaining and nothing else (even so far as making the awful suggestion of spamming them, something that I have to see make ANY company do anything better). The Clutch to me felt like it was improved, granted I haven't used it a lot but I tried it myself before posting that so it seemed so for me.

The battery indicator now only has box shape. Previously it has a distinct battery shape.

Also, GoodWood events now uses 2015 circuit.

Offtopic: Oh Hai GTP!

Is this on all electric/hybrid cars?

Goodwood 2015 was already made obvious in the GTP news article.

Oh guys, you can still post changes that's undocumented.

How about instead of bitching about the discussion of undocumented changes you list in your pasted OP without sufficient confirmation, you could add the changes that have been posted. There's new speedometers first mentioned on page 1 and you still haven't added them, and there's more. I posted one myself before your second moaning post and it got ignored. Your OP still links to a random post in the 1.19 discussion thread by the way.

Back