• 172 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Original thread format by @Johnnypenso

Every update brings with it the possibility of undocumented changes to the game. Please post any Undocumented changes you find in the 1:20 update and I'll update the OP regularly to reflect any changes found.

1. Please also make a concerted effort to verify these changes to the best of your ability.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how it was fixed. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do the best you can.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Confine those to the appropriate thread created by @nowcontrol

Update Discussion Thread..........

New bugs, glitches, errors etc....

GTP News Section Article...........

Camber Discussion Thread.........

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/is-camber-fixed-discuss-it-here.321270/

Documented Changes

Goodwood Hillclimb 2015

On 25 June 2015, "Goodwood Festival of Speed" has updated its Central Feature in accordance to this year's sponsor, Mazda.

At the same time of the unveiling in real life, the "Goodwood Hillclimb" course in Gran Turismo 6 has also been updated to the 2015 version including the new monument. The 2014 version will still appear in the Arcade Mode and Free Runs, but the course in the Special Events section will be changed to the new 2015 version.

Updated Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo

The Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo, introduced to Gran Turismo 6 in December 2014, has been updated to reflect the changes made to the full scale model appearing at the "Goodwood Festival of Speed" in 2015. The main updates include the changes in the decals and the colors of the wheel rim, the use of carbon for the brake covers and the change to Dunlop tires.

If you already have an LM55 Vision Gran Turismo in your garage, the car will be updated automatically to the 2015 version. Please note that those changes will be reflected also in all Replay Data saved prior to the update.

In addition, it is also possible to obtain the updated version of the car by participating in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo

The SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo, SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo and the SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo have been released.

After the update has been installed, the cars can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time. The 2 other models can be won as a prize by obtaining a Bronze award or better in the Seasonal Events.

Furthermore, the SRT Vision GT, SRT Development G-Suit and SRT Race G suit matching each of these car will be given out to everyone after the update.

Addition of the new GT Academy 2015 cars

The Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsports from GT Academy Round 3 and the GT-R LM Nismo from Round 4 have been added to the [Dealerships] option of the [CARS] section in "My Home": they are available for everyone to purchase.

Undocumented Changes

• Mazda LM55 sound has slightly changed
  • Electric Vehicles now much quieter.
  • Small change in UI for electric vehicles (Charge now in a box shape as opposed to Battery)
  • Wind noise on the Peugeot VGT has been toned down.

Last edited:
How? I just popped GT6 in, and pressed triangle to check for an update.

image.jpg

I can't update yet though.

If you guys need help finding stuff, I'm still on 1.19!

One thing I guess you could do is Take photos of the LM55 as it is in 1:19, that way, we'll have pictures of it and a reference to compare to the updated one.

My feelings:

- Mazda LM55 sound change. ¿Added pops like nissan?
- Driving F40 and other cars with manual clutch.. No miss shifts :eek:
- Change in physics/Force feedback. Maybe I'm falling asleep but I feel different my G27. Easier to drive, control the car and drift.

Anyone can confirm?

edit: Cizeta feels different. You feel the car like you're insaid

Last edited:
I Will in a few minutes. I'm sure they did something. Every time they do an update series I'm in have to redo the cars. If only the course creator would come out...

@RACECAR The button in the OP for the news thread links to the thread for 1.19 and needs updating for the new news article.

As does the button linking to the discussion thread, though I'm not sure there is a discussion thread yet to link it too :lol:

I look forward to reading this thread tomorrow and finding out all the juicy hidden bits... :cheers:

Not really a "change" per se, but the car's seatbelts seem to change shape when you use either of the SRT Storm Trooper suits, overlapping the suit's G-force system rather than clipping through it like I expected. Can someone else please confirm?

anyone else click the link above even after they knew where they were headed....?:embarrassed:

anyways i can say that I will be back playing GT6 now that I can heel n toe without missing shifts!
Ive been playing GT5 for so long now, wow the handling feels so good in GT6. Graphics still suck but whatever.

Also the electric motor sounds are much much quieter now 👍👍(atleast in the cr-z) havent tested others

so i vote for:
Missed shifts fixed @rialler
Electric motors quieter

@RACECAR The button in the OP for the news thread links to the thread for 1.19 and needs updating for the new news article.

As does the button linking to the discussion thread, though I'm not sure there is a discussion thread yet to link it too :lol:

I look forward to reading this thread tomorrow and finding out all the juicy hidden bits... :cheers:

OP updated. As you say, not really a update discussion thread to link to at the moment.

I can confirm that electric vehicles are quieter than they were.
And also that it's nearly impossible to mis shift with a clutch.

---

Off topic: This made me kind of sad. I usually place below 10,000th place on events. I got 850th. Either people haven't updated yet or they've stopped playing all together. I hope the reason is the ladder.

image.jpg

Besides confirming that handling in cars are different and that is is impossible to miss a shift now(Thank god). I don't know if anyone else has ever experienced this. But whenever I restart too much, the game will freeze, and or black screen and I'll have to hard reset the PS3. Perfect example, going for the top score on the new VGT, resetting after going off after x ammount of times, black screen. Now, I've had a brand new game and console before and its done this, so its not a mechanical problem or a scratched disc. Anyone else ever experience this? Something I hope to see fixed one day.

This isn't really an undocumented change, but I don't know where else to put this.

Whereas last year they only updated the monument outside Goodwood House and didn't change anything else on the Goodwood Hillclimb, its clear they have made at least one more change to the circuit this year. The old large red Honda sign, on the right hand side at the first right hand corner, has been replaced by an open grandstand area with no roof.

I've checked comparison vids a few times and cannot see any other obvious differences, but if anyone wants me to check anything let me know :cheers:

If anyone wants to check out tire smoke in the replays. It looks different. Smoke roles off the tires now, and hangs around a little longer, rather than just appearing. Don't know if its new. New to me.

The SRT Tomahawk X has a custom in-game speedometer designed to read 480 mph. The highest one before the update showed 320 mph.

*attatchment*

I think they have borrowed the Metric speedometre for this, as the highest possible speedometre reading in the metric setting is 480km/h. I assume they've passed the graphic on to the imperial setting for this model.

Back