Update 1:20 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 172 comments
How about instead of bitching about the discussion of undocumented changes you list in your pasted OP without sufficient confirmation, you could add the changes that have been posted. There's new speedometers first mentioned on page 1 and you still haven't added them, and there's more. I posted one myself before your second moaning post and it got ignored. Your OP still links to a random post in the 1.19 discussion thread by the way.

How is keeping this thread from becoming another complaint fest "bitching"? I haven't added other changes as I've been more busy then I wanted but from what little I've seen, some of these either aren't actually changes or I have not confirmed these myself.

Also, there is no discussion thread for Update 1:20 as was already mentioned and bought up by someone else. Give me a damn break.

Edit:

The SRT Tomahawk X has a custom in-game speedometer designed to read 480 mph. The highest one before the update showed 320 mph.

View attachment 396973

Not really an Undocumented change since it came with the car.

This isn't really an undocumented change, but I don't know where else to put this.

Whereas last year they only updated the monument outside Goodwood House and didn't change anything else on the Goodwood Hillclimb, its clear they have made at least one more change to the circuit this year. The old large red Honda sign, on the right hand side at the first right hand corner, has been replaced by an open grandstand area with no roof.

I've checked comparison vids a few times and cannot see any other obvious differences, but if anyone wants me to check anything let me know :cheers:

Pretty obvious there.

The Tomahawk S is PAINTABLE & so is the stock RIMS.............. PAINTABLE STOCK RIMS = WOW.
Maybe it's the 1st car to ever have it as I haven't tried others yet. You cannot paint the Brake Calibers tho.

Again, hardly a Undocumented change.

Just a tip, since the introduction of the Mini VGT the gallery view of all VGTs run at 0.5 speed and look really slow and choppy. If you're using the HTML5 player, put it on 2x playback speed to view it smoothly. Even if it ruins the GT4 song. Oh, the memories...

Been a problem for a while.

There. Now can we have some actual Undocumented changes posted instead of complaining at me?

Last edited:
Well, since it was the only thing you responded to, it didn't help the thread much. Still makes no sense to have that link to a random post in the 1.19 thread in the OP.

The speedometer is a minor change but it is still new regardless, and it wasn't documented in any official release info of the car. The 640km/h speedo wasn't in the game at all before. Sure, the Tomahawk X wasn't either, but it's a new element of the HUD. It's more about trivia than relevance.

And you quoted the wrong post from me. :lol:

Well, since it was the only thing you responded to, it didn't help the thread much. Still makes no sense to have that link to a random post in the 1.19 thread in the OP.

So would you rather me remove it altogether instead? I know it doesn't makes sense but what else could I do with it?

Also, " since it was the only thing you responded to" Did you not read where I said I've been busy?

The speedometer is a minor change but it is still new regardless, and it wasn't documented in any official release info of the car. The 640km/h speedo wasn't in the game at all before. Sure, the Tomahawk X wasn't either, but it's a new element of the HUD. It's more about trivia than relevance.

If its on only this car and not on anything else, then how is it a undocumented change? It would be one thing if the car was already in the game and this replaced a previous Speedometer but it instead came with the car.

You were reffering to me in that and it was the only one so how did I quote the post from you?

How about locking this thread and any actual undocumented changes are PM'd to the OP?

That way myself, and others will know when something worth reading is added.

Won't necessarily stop anyone from sending what they think is an Undocumented change. That and I actually don't mind the data reading people were doing with the text file as it still holds the potential for clues.

In the end though, I think we may just need to face the reality that we are frankly running low on actual changes with each passing update. There were so many last year that it was at times it was a gold mine. Now its all but dried up and apart from some scraps, not much is being found.

Can anyone confirm if the wing now raises in cockpit view with the Veyron?

That's completely new to me. I'll try it but I doubt it does.

Edit: Nope, it does not.

Last edited:
The battery indicator now only has box shape. Previously it has a distinct battery shape.

Also, GoodWood events now uses 2015 circuit.

Offtopic: Oh Hai GTP!
That's air tank for SRT tomahawk VGT, I know most hybrid cars still have battery shape.

I can confirm this though, the GTR LM NISMO's timing of when all lights go red have been changed a bit

What do you mean by that?

Wait what? I thought it was entirely fine. Or its a glitch that i missed?

It doesn't do that. I'm guessing he heard that somewhere but it doesn't, I tried it and it didn't happen while driving nor in replay.

It's just a text file of the contents of the install folder. Anybody can read it. What I can't do / see is the contents of this folder, like getting the track logos for example.

While in fact it isn't a text file, I'm quite confident that this data is part of larger (normally) encrypted file and thus not anybody can read it. But enough of that :)

Somebody needs to step up, I'm sure I read on here that images for the Course Maker were already in the folder? Lets see them...

Let me help you, it was posted here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/so-about-that-course-creator.328427/page-9#post-10742738

I can't recall that I ever claimed something like that. What I can see is about 12 graphics in total, related to the course maker (as this count is taken from my memory, it might be off).
One example is the icon for it. If I recall right, it came with the pre XMas patch last year (memory, again). As it is still looking like the GT5 version, I don't see the need to post it.
There's more interesting stuff to find about the course maker it in other places, where you must already have been digging, too.

That last one... my hype is rising.

RaceCourseEdit seems to be the part prior to normal Track-Entering, where you can edit the time/weather settings. Nothing to get excited about ;)

Just bought a F430 and in the rev-conter, it doesn't have the gear info..

Am I the only one with this bug?

Since GT5.

Interesting to see PD hasnt sort out this bug before.

No, in GT5 it worked. Between 5 and 6, they added functional reverse lights for the F430 but broke the gear counter.

I recommend to buy the Scuderia in GT6 instead, it has the same interior but with plenty alcantara added and the identical gear counter works. It's just a shame if you like the tan leather in the F430.

EDIT: Forgot to answer this.

If its on only this car and not on anything else, then how is it a undocumented change? It would be one thing if the car was already in the game and this replaced a previous Speedometer but it instead came with the car.

I see your point, fair enough. It's not the change I brought up, it was just an example of things you didn't react to. I had the impression you only posted to moan about specific posts (you took your time to do that three times), but I've done a thread search and found you did contribute more.

Just a tip, since the introduction of the Mini VGT the gallery view of all VGTs run at 0.5 speed and look really slow and choppy. If you're using the HTML5 player, put it on 2x playback speed to view it smoothly. Even if it ruins the GT4 song. Oh, the memories...

Been a problem for a while.

You were reffering to me in that and it was the only one so how did I quote the post from you?

I'm sorry, but that's completely wrong. I don't refer to you in that short reminder. It was a simple info addition to the posts directly above, none of which were yours. I also specifically stated that this problem exists since the introduction of the Mini VGT. And it's not the only one either. My contribution was more of a bug report, but it's still a change that was introduced with 1.20, even if it's unintended.

Last edited:
One of the updates added gift car tickets because the new expert level seasonal event gives you one. Not a prize car, but a voucher for a random car. Maybe the maintenance allowed them to add that to the seasonal events.

I like it.

One of the updates added gift car tickets because the new expert level seasonal event gives you one. Not a prize car, but a voucher for a random car.

This isn't the case, it will be a selected car as it was before, it shows as 'gift car ticket' at gran-turismo.com [because they feel no need to be that specific there] and I always change it for my screen-grab for the A-spec threads to the selected car after checking on the prize car in-game. 👍

The events have not shown up in-game yet, therefore I do not know what the prize cars are to be for my screen-grabs until later which I will change when they do show up.

Last edited:
This isn't the case, it will be a selected car as it was before, it shows as 'gift car ticket' at gran-turismo.com [because they feel no need to be that specific there] and I always change it for my screen-grab for the A-spec threads to the selected car after checking on the prize car in-game. 👍

The events have not shown up in-game yet, therefore I do not know what the prize cars are to be for my screen-grabs until later which I will change when they do show up.

Oh ok, Terronium-12 told me that too. Now I know for sure. Thanks!

It's not auto throttle, it's an anti-stall mechanism that automatic transmissions have. In-game, any car that is an automatic transmission equipped car in real life, will have this function on it and will accelerate to 8mph on it's own because of it.
I knew it was something along the lines of this. I know the Evo X does it. I wish I had a list of cars that do it. I have found that on some cars you can equip a part on your car and it does it. However, for most of the cars it will not work when putting certain parts on.

I cannot confirm any changes right now as I am away from PS3.

Back