Update 1.21 Released

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 1,542 comments

Considering the wait, are you happy with how the finished product appears to look?

• Total voters
*Raises hand*
*second that*

For the record my "rants" are poking fun at the fact that things that were in place in GT5 got left out of GT6 at launch.
I spends 99.5% of my time in the tuning forums so I never see tha drama here. I hear about from others that come overhear.
Some of things I see in the tuning end of the game have been problems for 13+ years(GT2) on. The transmissions anyone?

Back on track. The fact that Kaz is sitting out Nur 24 means something big is getting worked on at PD, what? Your guess is as good as mine. I won't hype or speculate on it cause that never does anything.

*second that*

For the record my "rants" are poking fun at the fact that things that were in place in GT5 got left out of GT6 at launch.
I spends 99.5% of my time in the tuning forums so I never see tha drama here. I hear about from others that come overhear.
Some of things I see in the tuning end of the game have been problems for 13+ years(GT2) on. The transmissions anyone?

Back on track. The fact that Kaz is sitting out Nur 24 means something big is getting worked on at PD, what? Your guess is as good as mine. I won't hype or speculate on it cause that never does anything.

The likely probability is VGT, or just a bunch of game bug fixes. Since most updates so far only have consisted of those two things.

On the point of Spec 2.0 being mentioned. I can only hope its like GT5, bringing paint and performance test tool dlc or more. And enhanced in depth tuning the car setup.

Seems normal approach near the end of a games life or certainly into the last year or so. Like they did with GT5. I don't say this is what PD will plan it for GT6 though.

Like every other post in this thread is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
What a mess some people make GT Planet . . . I love GT, I love its fans, I love constructive critisicm but I detest haters who hate even after all PD has done thats positive.
Yes, they havnt been perfect, but its ignorant to pretend they havnt been listening to us at all.
With regard to GT6, the glass has always been half full and not half empty with regard to GT6. Some of the negativity here reminds me of bias reviews GT has been getting since the GT 5 days. Critics trashing GT5 for what it doesnt have, but ignoring DYNAMIC day/night cycles, weather etc. Yet Forza with none of that, even Forza 6 isnt dynamic, yet critics in their review biasly dont trash it for not even having real time lighting, dynamic day/night/weather in real time.

In any case, those that say they arent buying any future GT's and that you hate GT6, you seem really emotionally invested in trashing GT, Kaz, and at the same time take the effort to log into a fan site for the game to spew hate.

It just seems everyone hate GT Franchise nowadays inclusing the older PS1 & PS2 gens which at that time had one of the best games on the whole console.

Because they pretend it does not exist. :rolleyes:

Sup guys I stare into my crystal ball once again and see no course maker but in fact either spec 2 update or more VGT cars. Which ones we get depends on how you guys behave. :D :lol:

Bugatti and Hyundai VGTs are coming.

Right, even that I am is also eager for the next update, I also cannot stand this circlejerk too. I'm going to sell out, and write to PretendRaceCars about the update situation - hopefully the guys there gets it right, unlike @Kurei's attempt. :irked:

EDIT: I actually did it. Expect an article from PRC soon.

Last edited:
British Dictionary definitions for soon

soon

/suːn/

Word Origin
Old English sōna; related to Old High German sāno, Gothic suns, Modern Japanese soon

adverb, sooner, soonest.

1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall release the update soon.

2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's update soon.

3. promptly or quickly: He updated as soon as he could.

4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride in a VGT.

5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the decade.

6. Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith. Idioms

7. sooner or later, eventually: Sooner or later he will announce course maker.

8. would sooner, to prefer to: I would sooner not wait for the update.
Compare rather (def 8).

Origin of soon

Old English

Middle English

Recent Japanese

before 900; Middle English; Old English sōna; cognate with Old HighGerman sān, Gothic suns
Can be confused
currently, immediately, momentarily, now, presently, soon (see synonymstudy at immediately; see usage note at presently )

So much for this being a "fansite". All I see is a bunch of people who's sole purpose is to linger around the GT6 forum just to boo the game and make repetitive comments about how much you hate the game. This section of the site has become more of a "boo-site" if anything. Really disappointing. I have nothing against people criticizing the game, but when you say you're over it and you never what to play another GT again, yet you still have to put your 2c in every single piece of news, and those people now who they are, it starts to wear thin. So do the crappy 'jokes', if you can call them that, about the word 'soon'. There's a reason why comedian's always come up with new material, it's because using the same joke, no matter how funny it was, gets extremely old, extremely quickly. Honestly, get some new material. Do everyone a favor. Please.

There are plenty of people who still love GT, but you wouldn't know it amongst all the boo mongering that happens. And they wouldn't really want to say they like GT as they know they'll have to deal with the incessant flow of replies from the same key members listing all the flaws of the game they love and generally grinding then into the dirt. Honestly, it's their opinion, let them be. If they love GT, it doesn't mean you have the right to put them into the ground just because they don't like a game you like. Then it's the same people that bash GT that get all flustered when someone who plays GT says they don't like pCARS or Forza. It works both ways. Deal with it. A large majority of the people that linger like a bad smell in this forum need to grow up.

Now, I'm no die hard fan of GT, it has it's flaws, but for me, it's the racing game that best suits my needs after playing ToCa 3 kinda hit a roadblock with the way technology is moving on nowadays.

All I ask as a once active member of this part of rhe forum is for people to grow up, amd actually live up to their word and stop booing GT, when after all this is a fansite.

/rant

I cried.

giphy.gif

Critics trashing GT5 for what it doesnt have, but ignoring DYNAMIC day/night cycles, weather etc. Yet Forza with none of that, even Forza 6 isnt dynamic, yet critics in their review biasly dont trash it for not even having real time lighting, dynamic day/night/weather in real time.
Just like how GamesRader is getting nitpicked and bashed by Forza fanboys for a "bias review" of Forza Motorsport 6 while they personally like Driveclub over Forza 6 which it is their OPINION and it's their RIGHT to voice a different view on the game.

Does that make the Forza Motorsport 6 unplayable? Does it make Forza Motorsport 6 not valuable to purchase now?

No,simple because in peoples opinions they see interest in the game and that applies to GT6 fans who see GT6 interesting don't need to stop simply because one says something negative about their game. 👍

Just like how GamesRader is getting nitpicked and bashed by Forza fanboys for a "bias review" of Forza Motorsport 6 while they personally like Driveclub over Forza 6 which it is their OPINION and it's their RIGHT to voice a different view on the game.

Does that make the Forza Motorsport 6 unplayable? Does it make Forza Motorsport 6 not valuable to purchase now?

No,simple because in peoples opinions they see interest in the game and that applies to GT6 fans who see GT6 interesting don't need to stop simply because one says something negative about their game. 👍
Unlike their review opinion, I firmly believe GT reviews are designed to sabotage GT sales. I can almost gurantee, even with livery editor, better roster selection etc, GT7 wont be given scores above 8.2 from every major game website.Even if it wipes the floor with every competitor at the time.

Unlike their review opinion, I firmly believe GT reviews are designed to sabotage GT sales. I can almost gurantee, even with livery editor, better roster selection etc, GT7 wont be given scores above 8.2 from every major game website.Even if it wipes the floor with every competitor at the time.
Illuminati-dollar_tower1.jpg

Quick question people: Haven't bought GT6 yet, but I want that Bugatti so bad. My internet connection, on the other hand, is rubbish. Worst and slowest internet connection of the planet. To give you an idea, it took me about 9 hours to download a 1G update back in the GT5 days.

How long do you think I'll take to update the game to it's current state?

Quick question people: Haven't bought GT6 yet, but I want that Bugatti so bad. My internet connection, on the other hand, is rubbish. Worst and slowest internet connection of the planet. To give you an idea, it took me about 9 hours to download a 1G update back in the GT5 days.

Hmmm, you could play some GT7 while it updates.

With GT5 updates, I remember people having to leave their consoles on for +20 hours to download all of the updates, but never have I heard people taking 48 hours to download them all. That must suck if you're constantly having to download updates for games alone.

Hmmm, you could play some GT7 while it updates.
How dare you lol

I suggest playing chess like the good OLLLLLLLD days.

I just did the full install on a new PS3. There's about 20 gigs of updates, and there's a good chance you'll have to go through a process of downloading each update after the first 6 individually and then running the game to install it before moving on to the next. Essentially, you need to sit there and monitor each individual update so that you can make sure the next one doesn't download before you install the previous one. I have a decent connection and it took me a solid 2 days to get done. I mean after you get that first package of 6 updates - which can be d/l'd and installed in one group - done with then you can download and install the remaining ones one at a time whenever you have time to do one as long as you sorta keep track of where you are in the process. It's pretty grueling, lol...

WHAT????

GT6 got a bunch of positive review JUST BECAUSE THEY IMPROVED LOADING TIMES!!!

PD knew exactly what to do to get some positive reviews... none of these sites cared about the Coure Maker or how long it takes to get it in the game.

WHAT????

PD knew exactly what to do to get some positive reviews... none of these sites cared about the Coure Maker or how long it takes to get it in the game.
So PD Focused on improving loading times? Then, what else did they focus on to gain better scores?

WHAT????

Interesting that you say that. Last I checked, GT6 got lower scores than GT5.

It never ceases to surprise me, even after all these years, how bad some people here are when it comes to managing their expectations.
Who are you to judge people by their expectations? I am highly expecting an update, does that make me bad at managing my expectations? No, it just means I have different expectations then others.

I am sure people do not appreciate being told they are wrong for having high expectations when a game has been released for almost 2 years and it is still not complete.

Who are you to judge people by their expectations?
<----
I am highly expecting an update, does that make me bad at managing my expectations? No, it just means I have different expectations then others.
If you "highly expect" an update on the basis of a Tweet saying "We'll have info to share very soon!" then yes, you are bad at managing your expectations compared to other people who don't expect one.

It's fine to hope for one, but expecting one? No.
I am sure people do not appreciate being told they are wrong for having high expectations when a game has been released for almost 2 years and it is still not complete.
That's smashing. I am sure the staff of GTPlanet do not appreciate having to tidy up over and over again after people who have wildly unrealistic expectations and, when their expectations are not met (because they are unrealistic), use that most awful of sins to pillory Gran Turismo, Polyphony Digital, Sony, GTPlanet, their fellow members and whomever they set their sights on.

But that's life.

Back