Update 1.21 Released

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 1,542 comments

Considering the wait, are you happy with how the finished product appears to look?

• Total voters
You got me on that one.
If you "highly expect" an update on the basis of a Tweet saying "We'll have info to share very soon!" then yes, you are bad at managing your expectations compared to other people who don't expect one.

It's fine to hope for one, but expecting one? No.
You are misunderstanding. I was not trying to make a direct example like that. That was my fault.

I was actually just trying to provide an example in general to get my point across that I thought what you said was rude. And by rude, I mean to anybody that is reading what you typed. Not everybody realizes you meant that towards a certain group of people. I didn't myself.
That's smashing. I am sure the staff of GTPlanet do not appreciate having to tidy up over and over again after people who have wildly unrealistic expectations...
I do not think that is a good enough excuse to insult people. (If that was what you were trying to say.)

I am going to stop now so I do not derail this thread.

If you "highly expect" an update on the basis of a Tweet saying "We'll have info to share very soon!" then yes, you are bad at managing your expectations compared to other people who don't expect one.
Honestly though, it's not just one tweet. It's also announced maintenance, 3 months without an update (so a new one is overdue), and two fully revealed VGTs.

I just did the full install on a new PS3. There's about 20 gigs of updates, and there's a good chance you'll have to go through a process of downloading each update after the first 6 individually and then running the game to install it before moving on to the next. Essentially, you need to sit there and monitor each individual update so that you can make sure the next one doesn't download before you install the previous one. I have a decent connection and it took me a solid 2 days to get done. I mean after you get that first package of 6 updates - which can be d/l'd and installed in one group - done with then you can download and install the remaining ones one at a time whenever you have time to do one as long as you sorta keep track of where you are in the process. It's pretty grueling, lol...

Thanks for the info bro! ;)

20 gigs are more like 20 days maybe with my internet speed...

Ohhh lord, it's going to be ugly...

Just give us our 2 additional VGT cars and 5% will be happy. The other 95% will be on here complaining about "shuffle racing" "course maker" and "F1 championship". Being that I dont have a sense of entitlement, I am in the 5%

Thanks for the info bro! ;)

20 gigs are more like 20 days maybe with my internet speed...

Ohhh lord, it's going to be ugly...

Might want to get some episodes of your favorite show or some movies together, could be a while.

You are misunderstanding. I was not trying to make a direct example like that. That was my fault.

I was actually just trying to provide an example in general to get my point across that I thought what you said was rude. And by rude, I mean to anybody that is reading what you typed. Not everybody realizes you meant that towards a certain group of people. I didn't myself.
Some people may well think it's rude. I'm not especially bothered if people take offence at it though. Since anyone may be offended by anything at any time, what they take offence at is none of my concern.

The incredibly toxic atmosphere of this forum when people's unfounded expectations aren't met though... that's my concern.
Honestly though, it's not just one tweet. It's also announced maintenance, 3 months without an update (so a new one is overdue), and two fully revealed VGTs.
My post occurred between the Tweet and the maintenance announcement. Not that an announcement of maintenance is anything to do with updates either. Nor do the VGT cars - we've had over a month pass between a VGT reveal and getting it in the game before.

As the last of the 12 features promised to arrive by update is yet to come, expecting an update is not unreasonable. Expecting it in any immediate timeframe is, without an announcement, not.

Interesting that you say that. Last I checked, GT6 got lower scores than GT5.

Beats me. I seem to remember GT5 had a great deal of hype. Review sites like to jump on that hype train.

I was just saying that there was no conspiracy against GT6 to get low scores... infact I feel that the reviews were slightly more positive than they should have been, due to all of the review sites saying the loading times were shorter than GT5.

Beats me. I seem to remember GT5 had a great deal of hype. Review sites like to jump on that hype train.
They were somewhat. Gametrailers kinda did with GT5,but IGN sure didn't praise it like crazy and Classic Game Room GT5 review. (I mention CGR because his GT5 review is well viewed,but than again he makes almost any game appealing to him :P)

Lol, this is what I imagine half of GTP is like everytime theres maintenance announced. :lol:
Ancient Aliens.jpg

I apologize for responding to this so late - I had intended to respond earlier but I had some real life to deal with first.

I'm sorry if this enters the conversation at an odd time and/or makes the thread a little jumbled;

So do the crappy 'jokes', if you can call them that, about the word 'soon'. There's a reason why comedian's always come up with new material, it's because using the same joke, no matter how funny it was, gets extremely old, extremely quickly.

You're right. It is an old, crappy joke.

PD should stop using it.

A large majority of the people that linger like a bad smell in this forum need to grow up.

All I ask as a once active member of this part of the forum is for people to grow up, and actually live up to their word and stop booing GT, when after all this is a fansite.

/rant

I actually do very much agree that there is a lot of belligerent useless negativity in a lot of this forum, but there is still a noteworthy portion of people that are making legitimate claims.

The whole course maker fiasco is probably the most legitimate complaint you can make - PD made it a huge selling factor, made claims that it was going to make it at or just after release. Going-on two years later, it still hasn't been released, and there is hardly a word on it. You don't do that with a sell-point feature, especially as a AAA first-party developer. This has been discussed to death by a plethora of users, and I really don't feel the need to put any more words in on it since so many others have; I'll just be beating a dead horse. It does apply to and affect me, but this is the more personally important stuff:

I was only able to pick up and start playing GT6 over this past summer due to faulty hardware. My PS3 melted a year-ish ago, so I'd been without games for a while. I've played Forza plenty and absolutely love it's customization and diverse car list, and yet I decided to drop $200+ and more than 40 hours taking apart and repairing my system just to play GT6 and get my old GT5 files back, rather than simply going with an Xbox, PS4, or maybe even PC - all had huge amounts of enticing games - so don't tell me I'm not a fan. I stuck with GT because there are still things I love about it that I don't find anywhere else.

The problem I have is that these great things get nullified with problems that have seemingly gotten worse with recent iterations. The entertainment factor I find in racing games is a combination of managing/controlling your own vehicle (largely a racing exclusive item) and fighting opponents (a video game-norm item). No other game has come remotely close to GT in terms of the feeling I get when driving a car, and GT6 is the best yet in this regard. Photomode and even the limited customization is excellent for me, too. But the AI has taken a step back. There's all sorts of odd rubber-banding, shyness in slipstreaming and overtaking, and very little aggression. For me, it would be like if you took Borderlands (another game series I absolutely adore) and made every single enemy a one-shot kill; the character movements, controls, gunplay, leveling system, atmosphere, and lore are all still utterly fantastic, but there no longer seems to be a point in using any of it. The game no longer has any challenge, which for me, ruins everything; challenge the key point to playing the game - and really, any game.

The big things for me right now are AI (as mentioned) and replayable features. I know some may not be able be fixed with this iteration, and I've accepted that, but there are things that can, and yet haven't, and haven't shown a whole lot of promise in changing in the future, an example being in the backwards nature of the AI I mentioned before. Another is with arcade mode - in GT5, I could set up races that weren't provided in the career mode, which is normal for any sort of offline quick race/match in any game. But combine with my course maker habits, I was able to extract hours and hours of fun from just one track and a few settings - and hours more for each parameter I changed. Then multiply that by more tracks and I had access to a pool of fun for several years. Even then there were limits with GT5, I still couldn't select individual AI opponents or set laps above 99, but there was still plenty to make due with. But GT6 doesn't even let you choose how many cars you race against, and despite upgrading and adding new features to the tire wear and fuel consumption model, doesn't give you access to those options offline. So then if you want to utilize them, you need to rely on a circumstance where 15 people want to do exactly what you want to do, and pray to the internet gods that you don't disconnect. And then there's the whole shuffle racing shebam, which was really the only way to do quick and manageable online racing while still having diverse options in car and track selections - quick match is so unbelievably limited in that regard.

The problem I'm getting now is that PD are taking away the tools I use to utilize the points that I love about GT. Some people share those exact views, some have parallels, some have vastly different reasons - but they are all real reasons. People are upset because those who came to love (or perhaps grew up with) the series feel it's going on a bad path, and key items they've found in it exclusive to the series will be lost forever to the gaming world - in some ways, it's like your favorite movie series receiving a sequel that ruins the series as a whole.

So, yeah. Some people have just dropped the game and are just here to bash. But I think some of the stuff you see you're only misinterpreting as hate messages.

I have high hopes for the future of GT, likely the course maker as well... But everything PD has said at this point is vaporware. There is nothing in my hands that shows what they have done, are doing, or will do. It's just a lot of words and no results.

It can be great, I want it to be great, but it isn't.

Last edited:
Just give us our 2 additional VGT cars and 5% will be happy. The other 95% will be on here complaining about "shuffle racing" "course maker" and "F1 championship". Being that I dont have a sense of entitlement, I am in the 5%

A sense of entitlement? I paid for the game they advertised mate. PD owe me a Course Maker.

Note. That is not to say I'm expecting one.

I think I figured out what the maintenance is for... GT Academy 2015 is still accessible in game they will probably remove that along with some minor bug fixes and maybe update the VGT dealership, and of course, maintenance. :) bet you didn't see the last one coming. :lol:

Because we like hype, and we like trains, and we like speculation. :P
I feel like most speculation nowadays just plain suck after seeing some speculation on the Kombat Pack 2 for MKX. I wonder when people are going to start speculating about Indiana Jones being added to GT6 or the Mystery Machine being added to GT6. :lol:

"The hype train"....
I once had a ticket to get on that particular train. I think someone stole it from me and maybe using my ticket to get on. The laugh is on that person though. That ticket expired about a year ago.

(Somewhat true story)

:lol::lol:
:gtpflag:

Back