Update, of sorts!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 416 comments
This.

Learnt this in the last generation of consoles, I dont even buy my favourite games on release anymore.

Why pay full price and be the beta tester for a game when you can pick it up half price and fixed 6 months later.

I did actually pick up ACC at launch but it was cheap for a new game and I had free amazon vouchers otherwise I wouldve waited a few months.

I bought it aswell, and then swiftly sold it on.....the ghastly frame rate put me off, i keep seeing people saying its kinda fixed, might come back to it , next year maybe..

The amount of races i've done and get too the finish and get a dsq is not fun, keep forgetting too set tyres too change etc etc lol if I've not met the requirements end my race not let me keep racing for another hour lol

The amount of races i've done and get too the finish and get a dsq is not fun, keep forgetting too set tyres too change etc etc lol if I've not met the requirements end my race not let me keep racing for another hour lol

Its not hard to set your pit stops up when youre on the straights. They even have big green boxes when you select the correct things to do in the pit stop.

It blows my mind that people aren't getting this by now.

I always set my pit stop changes during the rolling start. Seems like the safest place to me.

The hardest part is my 599 rim D-pad not registering every button press so have to press 2 or 3 times sometimes. That's why I can't do it whilst driving reliably.

Have you noticed if you leave it in setup before the race and come out of it just before the timer runs out your tyres don't cool down so much
If you ready up with minutes to go your tyres will go cold

I wish we could know before a race if it required pit stops or not. I also wish we could set up our pit stops before the race and then adjust as needed during.

Have you noticed if you leave it in setup before the race and come out of it just before the timer runs out your tyres don't cool down so much

I notices this in an online race recently.

Yeah, you have to restart the race and then it's fine. An odd one.

Edit: I may have been confused by your post. I've noticed that if you exit the setup screen but don't start the race straight away, when you do start your tyres have gone cold. This is when I restart.

I always set my pit stop changes during the rolling start. Seems like the safest place to me.

The hardest part is my 599 rim D-pad not registering every button press so have to press 2 or 3 times sometimes. That's why I can't do it whilst driving reliably.
I find that to change repair damage takes several button presses to turn off, it refuses to change it the first couple times you try. But everything else works first time as normal. So it might be the game rather than your wheel (I have the same rim).

I have started doing my first pitstop at the same time. However since the patch sometimes I have found that if I hit MFD before ignition age engine start, I can't turn my engine on! So always fire up immediately and then sort out my options when I'm rolling

I wish we could know before a race if it required pit stops or not. I also wish we could set up our pit stops before the race and then adjust as needed during.

You can. When you're sat on the grid ready to go, scroll through your MFD. There's 4 screens then it goes off.
1. Your track position and in front / behind time difference ( blue if lapped)
2. Track position in relation to leader
3. MFD with options for brake bias, TC, ABS, lights etc
4. MFD with pitstop options, tyres yes/no with pressures, fuel, brake change, damage repair.
If you scroll to screen 4 on the grid you can choose pitstop strategy.
Also if there is a pitstop scheduled the pit window will open whenever it's been set and the spotter will tell you and a screen will open up.
It'll tell you how long the window is open for with a countdown in the top of the screen

I only picked up ACC at launch due to the $40 price tag with the free dlc included. Cant beat $75 worth of game for $40.

This sold it for me too, it is good value for money and not a price you normally get for a new ps4 game.

I bought it aswell, and then swiftly sold it on.....the ghastly frame rate put me off, i keep seeing people saying its kinda fixed, might come back to it , next year maybe..

I still own my copy, as unpolished as it is having played it has made me not enjoy other racing games as much due to physics so in that sense it's ruined my sim racing enjoyment lol

I also wish we could set up our pit stops before the race and then adjust as needed during.
You can
In the car set up menu one of the tabs is pitstops. You can choose tyre sets, pressures, brake pad sets etc, up to 30 different pitstop presets to easily select during the race.
I normally only set a couple otherwise I forget which is which

This from 505 games support...

Well, I guess to set expectations and to be transparent with you all, I'm not part of the development team. I manage several teams here at 505 on the publisher side, one of which happens to be Support.

In terms of information, I share it as I receive it. Since there hasn't been any movement since the build we tried on Monday, there really isn't anything new to report at the moment. I did ask if they could create a build that was not 1X enhanced, but with an unlocked framerate so that it would render at 1080p instead of 4K. Not sure if that would actually work since that might just drop the 1X down to base/1S speeds, but it was just an idea since I thought it could be like running a PC game on better hardware. Waiting to hear back on that.

So we do have to let the actual engineers work through these issues. I wish I had the smarts to help more... I was briefly a computer science major in college. Programming just wasn't for me! LOL

Can anyone tell me why the old AC game runs so much smoother than ACC? It’s night and day different feeling. ACC might look better and more detailed, but the frame rate on AC far surpasses it.

1-Kunos engine (AC) Vs. Unreal engine 4 (AAC)
2- more demanding phisycs
3 - day & night 24h cycle,dinamic weather, dinamic track surface,dinamic real time shadows.
4-the first one is an adapted port from the PC version,game launched in 2013...the new one is direct port from a game launched in 2018

The actual consoles weak point (and botlle neck) is the "low consumption* laptop Jaguar CPU and it's an even heavy demanding game one actual PC's

Sincerely,I and lots of people weren't even expecting this game running on actual consoles.

In terms of information, I share it as I receive it. Since there hasn't been any movement since the build we tried on Monday, there really isn't anything new to report at the moment. I did ask if they could create a build that was not 1X enhanced, but with an unlocked framerate so that it would render at 1080p instead of 4K. Not sure if that would actually work since that might just drop the 1X down to base/1S speeds, but it was just an idea since I thought it could be like running a PC game on better hardware. Waiting to hear back on that.

This is a joke, right?

I and lots of people weren't even expecting this game running on actual consoles.

After the poor roll out of AC on console and Kunos being sold I was under the impression that ACC would NEVER come to console as it was supposed to be PC game only.

So hence my surprise when it was announced.......... and actually delivered :-)

The cynic in me believes it is just a cash grab by 505 games and after a few token updates and 1 or 2 DLCs (paid for of course) they will abandoned this console version too bugs and all :-(

I do really hope I am wrong and being too harsh but we will see as time will tell.

After the poor roll out of AC on console and Kunos being sold I was under the impression that ACC would NEVER come to console as it was supposed to be PC game only.

So hence my surprise when it was announced.......... and actually delivered :-)

The cynic in me believes it is just a cash grab by 505 games and after a few token updates and 1 or 2 DLCs (paid for of course) they will abandoned this console version too bugs and all :-(

I do really hope I am wrong and being too harsh but we will see as time will tell.
Yeah...at least AC original was modified and ported by Kunos simulazione even for consoles, they sure hadn't a good time, no experience with console brands and users, but end up listening, discuss with us on their forum and ended with a relatively good finished sim on consoles knowing their limitations , cause they are still considered as and "indie games studio".

Don't know who took the decision that the new ACC port would be done by an external studio, and also the post launch support with the aid of 505games as distribution and community management...but sure it isn't the best studio choosen to make a genuine SIM port in conditions...

Hopefully they have some support of Kunos simulazione to get quite some details right.

The constant lack of information of 505games as "community manager" isn't helpful either, and that was already so with the original AC of consoles.

Don't know if it's a pure money grab situation or bad decisions that was taken...time will tell.

Edit.... that's a reply from a 505games community manager..
If the actual update is considered a big one by them...I'm getting scarry knowing that the core game version is still 1.3.7 meanwhile on PC they are now on 1.5.4..
And it's also known that the GT4 DLC won't come to consoles until autumn..

upload_2020-8-6_10-17-49.png

Last edited:
Don't know who took the decision that the new ACC port would be done by an external studio, and also the post launch support with the aid of 505games as distribution and community management...but sure it isn't the best studio choosen to make a genuine SIM port in conditions...

Hopefully they have some support of Kunos simulazione to get quite some details right.

The constant lack of information of 505games as "community manager" isn't helpful either, and that was already so with the original AC of consoles.

Don't know if it's a pure money grab situation or bad decisions that was taken...time will tell.

View attachment 947080

I think it’s more of an out of their depth deal, where it was assumed the port would be simpler than its turned out to be.

The genre is so niche on console there’s no way they were planning on making that much profit

I think it’s more of an out of their depth deal, where it was assumed the port would be simpler than its turned out to be.

The genre is so niche on console there’s no way they were planning on making that much profit

Well supposedly unreal engine 4 is quite console friendly..so should not be to complicate to port...

Ride 3 , MotoGP since 2019 , kingdom hearts 3 , dragon Ball kakarot and quite some games runs on console quite well.

But the D3T LTD studio is also known for quite some bad ports and remakes with framerate issues, input lags...sooo, I think it's more a bad decision by Kunos to trust that Dev team (maybe because it's one of the cheapest)

Maybe all the bashing on the forums about the AC console port made kunos think 'never again' so they subbed it out to a 3rd party for ACC.
And this is what we end up with :lol:

The only thing this patch did for the Xbox one X is fix the wheel connect issue..The game ran alot smoother before the update,the framerate is worse now..I don't get it,The Xbox one X has more power than the PS4 pro and can't run better?

The only thing this patch did for the Xbox one X is fix the wheel connect issue..The game ran alot smoother before the update,the framerate is worse now..I don't get it,The Xbox one X has more power than the PS4 pro and can't run better?

Don't spend time trying to get a logic out of it. It a simple result of lack of financial interest, and incompetence.

Don't spend time trying to get a logic out of it. It a simple result of lack of financial interest, and incompetence.
Yeah your right,I also have a standard PS4 with a T300rs wheel,I heard it actually runs better on the standard PS4..maybe I'll switch to it..

Maybe all the bashing on the forums about the AC console port made kunos think 'never again' so they subbed it out to a 3rd party for ACC.
And this is what we end up with :lol:
My guess is it had nothing to do with Kunos and was solely the choice of 505. I'd go as far as to bet Kunos wouldn't have bothered with this gen.

Post from 505

Message from 505

Hi everyone -- as an update, while there isn't any "magic bullet" solution to the performance issue, the developer has been making improvements to frame rendering times over the past week. We looked at a few other games using UE4, such as Remnant, and we saw consistencies with how image is rendered on 1X (4K with no option to drop resolution/increase framerate). We do understand that frame pacing is a bigger issue though, so that of course is also an area that will continue to be looked at to improve. Headlights, further refinements to wheels/pedals, and other bug fixes will continue to be implemented throughout the rest of the year, but their main priority right now is getting the GT4 Pack ready for launch. I'll continue to do my best to keep you updated. Have a great weekend!

Post from 505

Message from 505

Hi everyone -- as an update, while there isn't any "magic bullet" solution to the performance issue, the developer has been making improvements to frame rendering times over the past week. We looked at a few other games using UE4, such as Remnant, and we saw consistencies with how image is rendered on 1X (4K with no option to drop resolution/increase framerate). We do understand that frame pacing is a bigger issue though, so that of course is also an area that will continue to be looked at to improve. Headlights, further refinements to wheels/pedals, and other bug fixes will continue to be implemented throughout the rest of the year, but their main priority right now is getting the GT4 Pack ready for launch. I'll continue to do my best to keep you updated. Have a great weekend!

Now that is a little worrying. Basically saying they’re concentrating on paid DLC rather than bug fixes...

After I’ve just tried defending the devs in another thread

Back