Update, of sorts!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 416 comments
I’ve had dd road effects off from square one and imo it’s worse than pre update.
That doesn’t mean it’s bad by any stretch just not as good.
Pc vs next gen console is gonna be a tough call.

Yeah might be clipping, the only thing I use is gain, Ill try turning it down tonight.
I just reeeaally hope their comment about making ffb apprpriate for console users wasn’t a nerf, kinda felt to me like it was, but then again I need to put in more time post update.
Just checking, you know that dynamic damping isn't damping in the traditional sense of the word. By setting it to zero, you are removing the (real) effect of increasing steering weight with increasing speed. It's designed to be at 100 for the most authentic feel. You may prefer it at zero which is fine, FFB is a personal preference, but DD is a genuine, not a fake effect.

In my view, the update hasn't made things too "console" it feels quite similar to pre patch on my wheel after adjusting gain, which is to say, pretty good. I follow Aris advice for FFB, he knows what he's talking about

Here's a post from a mod on 505 discord...

any news on xbox one x update, still waiitng

@Sith metal 1971 We should have an update on the Xbox 1.0.0.6 patch within the next day or so. We'll also have an update on private servers soon as well.

Although we are hoping we'll get some good news later this morning.
@Sith metal 1971 It's about 8AM on Monday here. We received an overwhelming amount of performance complaints from 4K Pro and 1X players, so we did what we could to boost framerate to 60, which required lowering max resolution. Choice is good though, so I've already brought this suggestion up internally.

Just checking, you know that dynamic damping isn't damping in the traditional sense of the word. By setting it to zero, you are removing the (real) effect of increasing steering weight with increasing speed. It's designed to be at 100 for the most authentic feel. You may prefer it at zero which is fine, FFB is a personal preference, but DD is a genuine, not a fake effect.

In my view, the update hasn't made things too "console" it feels quite similar to pre patch on my wheel after adjusting gain, which is to say, pretty good. I follow Aris advice for FFB, he knows what he's talking about

Yes!
I researched it, thanks for that. I was running it at zero, but did change it to 100 as reccomended by Fanatec over the weekend after realizing it wasn’t what I thought it was. I also found info from Kunos dev. I had the wrong idea about dampings meaning.
I did kinda like the very freewheely feel setting it at zero initially, but switching it on at a hundred I get better times, and after a couple hours I like it a lot better, times are better and more consistent also.
Dealing with little oversteer moments is much simpler more natural. :)
Again thanks, your words are true.

Bad so far. Wheel is g920 on one x. Trying a restart as I am getting no force feedback at all now...

It's absolutely broken. No feel at all. No road effects and the car feels like it's floating around giving serious lag turning in. I cannot complete a lap of Sazuka and the difference between 100 percent and 1 percent in any setting isn't noticeable. Absolutely let down by these devs now

Found a fix see post below. Should have edited instead of multiple posts but busy trying to play.

Okay kunos forums advise setting min force to zero. Tried it briefly this seems to work if anyone has same issue

So ffb is better, not as good as ac but better. Still feeling a little weak so I still have it turned up fairly high and I am not one to deliberately run it high to be macho. Green light at start of the race works now. Server's seems to be working. On a side note I think the ai have been dialed back as after starting last on Sazuka I was in third after just one lap with difficulty setting at 85 and aggressive at the same

Oh graphics seems about the same. Smoother but still some small less noticeable drops. Seems better though

Online framerate still choppy like before but the car seems more manageable

Last edited by a moderator:
On my base ps4 there isnt any noticable difference to ffb on my t300.
Seems pretty major on the xbox update. Road effects especially are stronger. It feels alright. I can see why people said a bit gt sport in other posts because it feels similar to me. Hopefully get the full AC ffb details eventually but I can enjoy this for now. Just tweaking my settings lap by lap

My brother hasn’t played the game in a while on One X with a Fanatec, and his first impressions were that the FFB felt similar, and the game runs smoother.

I’ll be downloading the update shortly and will report back. I’m on One X with a Thrustmaster TS-XW

I don't notice much of a difference with the FFB at all, maybe the weight builds up quicker? I feel like I can more naturally catch the car now, but that could be placebo.

Framerate is a little smoother.

I can finally start the game with a wheel and not have to load into a race and switch to it from a controller now!

So Im not noticing the same improvements online in regards to the framerate as in single player. Did a couple of races on different tracks to make sure it wasn’t a specific one.

I do prefer this updated FFB.

Everything feels much better after this update on Xbox. But the biggest thing is that I no longer have to do the plug and unplug thing for my wheel to work. It now works from the start!!!

Also Fanatec issued their recommended settings for the game a couple of weeks ago that I just found a day or two ago so the new update combined with these settings really improved this game for me.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Here's a post from a mod on 505 discord...

any news on xbox one x update, still waiitng

@Sith metal 1971 We should have an update on the Xbox 1.0.0.6 patch within the next day or so. We'll also have an update on private servers soon as well.

Although we are hoping we'll get some good news later this morning.
@Sith metal 1971 It's about 8AM on Monday here. We received an overwhelming amount of performance complaints from 4K Pro and 1X players, so we did what we could to boost framerate to 60, which required lowering max resolution. Choice is good though, so I've already brought this suggestion up internally.
I wonder if the Xbox one x version will have lower resolution...hope not

My brother hasn’t played the game in a while on One X with a Fanatec, and his first impressions were that the FFB felt similar, and the game runs smoother.

I’ll be downloading the update shortly and will report back. I’m on One X with a Thrustmaster TS-XW
Did the Xbox one x update come out?

Update for Xbox is here
Is it still running in native 4k on the Xbox one x?

Is the input lag fixed on the Xbox one x patch?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the Xbox one x version will have lower resolution...hope not

Did the Xbox one x update come out?

Is it still running in native 4k on the Xbox one x?

Is the input lag fixed on the Xbox one x patch?
4 in a row? Use the
upload_2020-7-29_12-48-0.png
button in future.

so the Xbox update didn't work fully so it's still a bit choppy. Hopefully not another five weeks wait. Got to be honest other than early access Ark survival and the mess that was no mans sky this has been my most regrettable purchase I can think of. I think the game will be great eventually but these devs doing the porting seem to be dropping the ball constantly. I will probably still play it a bit for now but I will kill time more on other sims whilst this gets updated.

so the Xbox update didn't work fully so it's still a bit choppy. Hopefully not another five weeks wait. Got to be honest other than early access Ark survival and the mess that was no mans sky this has been my most regrettable purchase I can think of. I think the game will be great eventually but these devs doing the porting seem to be dropping the ball constantly. I will probably still play it a bit for now but I will kill time more on other sims whilst this gets updated.

Thanks for confirming. I knew it was still a choppy mess last night. Waiting for another update....

Would love to know how taking away keyboard support is an update,no longer able to move seat positions on one x ☹️ According to rat master 3 update video, lucky for me i didn’t download it yet
Just tried to play, unable Unless you update,****sake have to wait for patch of the patch

Last edited:
Ok ,so Do you have to do anything in the Xbox one X settings to get it to run at near 60 fps like you have to on the PS4 Pro?

It`s not worth buying games anymore when they come out, ive learned my lesson now, the amount ive sold in the past....They all need at least 6 months or more of updates...
This.

Learnt this in the last generation of consoles, I dont even buy my favourite games on release anymore.

Why pay full price and be the beta tester for a game when you can pick it up half price and fixed 6 months later.

I did actually pick up ACC at launch but it was cheap for a new game and I had free amazon vouchers otherwise I wouldve waited a few months.

This.

Learnt this in the last generation of consoles, I dont even buy my favourite games on release anymore.

Why pay full price and be the beta tester for a game when you can pick it up half price and fixed 6 months later.

I did actually pick up ACC at launch but it was cheap for a new game and I had free amazon vouchers otherwise I wouldve waited a few months.

I only picked up ACC at launch due to the $40 price tag with the free dlc included. Cant beat $75 worth of game for $40.

Back