Update, of sorts!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 416 comments
We had a very minor one for PS4 a few days after release. Can't remember what it did tho, something on livery editor and a couple other small things

Anyway looking forward to this even tho it doesn't mention anything about base console performance updates and it might also change the FFB on my T300RS which I happen to think is pretty good right now. But hopefully it solves a lot of problems for a lot of users

Last edited:
This is awesome-
Performance improvements on PRO models (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X)

I was really hoping for a FOV slider and to be able to remove the driver rating window in the top right of the HUD, but maybe next update.
Performance improvements are most welcome first for sure.

Why not performance improvements for base models?
They may not be able to do any more for the base systems, and currently, the 'Pro' versions are behind the base systems in terms of frame-rate (certainly for the PS4 Pro).

Why not performance improvements for base models?
At least for PlayStation, the base runs better than pro. I have the base version but it's right they would prioritise the issues that clearly exist in the higher level console

They may not be able to do any more for the base systems, and currently, the 'Pro' versions are behind the base systems in terms of frame-rate (certainly for the PS4 Pro).
They surely have to address the massive slowdown on occasion and lock it at 30fps. Having it go just over 30 makes no sense.

It says they've stopped the ability to adjust view with keyboard. Hope they've implemented it officially. Some cars missing the helmet in that view too.

It says they've stopped the ability to adjust view with keyboard. Hope they've implemented it officially. Some cars missing the helmet in that view too.

It's says certain views.
I wonder if that's the TV camera views that you can currently access but are cool but impractical in a live session

Force Feedback changes for a more suited feel on console: not sure that sounds good!
“Road Effects” now affect Force Feedback: placebo effect must be good, so this has never done anything?

You can alter the seat position if you use a keyboard

Ctrl+2,4,6,or 8
Shift+Ctrl+2,4,6 or 8

Yes that would help but that is not FOV.. and I am on PS4 and the keyboard is not detected.

Also that functionality is being removed on xbox with this update from what I have read.

Thank you though.

Its good to see they are working on it.

Personally I dont have many problems. Playing on PS4 slim 1GB I dont have all these isues other people have.

What is most annoying for me personally is many of the trophies are bugged and unobtainable. Hopefully they will fix them down the road.

Also I am a bit worried what fixed FFB to better match concoles means. Hopefully it will just be better than now, just hoping they dont screv it up, as I enjoy the game a lot right now :-)

Its good to see they are working on it.

Personally I dont have many problems. Playing on PS4 slim 1GB I dont have all these isues other people have.

What is most annoying for me personally is many of the trophies are bugged and unobtainable. Hopefully they will fix them down the road.

Also I am a bit worried what fixed FFB to better match concoles means. Hopefully it will just be better than now, just hoping they dont screv it up, as I enjoy the game a lot right now :-)

I'm a bit worried about a FFB "fix" as well. Like you I'm not having any issues with the game other than the input lag, which I don't know if that can or will be fixed. I just hope they improve the FFB rather than dumbing it down.

I really hope they address the Eau Rouge framerate issues. I can't get through that section at all on lap 2 of my championship race due to the chronic slowdown. It's truly the worst performing area of any game I've played this gen.

And that was after the diabolical rolling start procedure at this track. 7mph round La Source?

I could've got out and walked faster than that! :banghead:

I really hope they address the Eau Rouge framerate issues. I can't get through that section at all on lap 2 of my championship race due to the chronic slowdown. It's truly the worst performing area of any game I've played this gen.

And that was after the diabolical rolling start procedure at this track. 7mph round La Source?

Did you a PS4 HDD database rebuild? Helped with lot of people (and other games)
On my Base PS4 I just don't have any framerate issues in eau rouge racing with the other 19 AI cars on track.

https://www.ps4storage.com/rebuilding-ps4-database/

But what's sure is the rolling starts on some tracks, ai should be a bit more consistent and faster in the procedure...
Seeing them on Barcelona is just :banghead::lol:

I'll give it a go but am worried something will go wrong and brick my console lol

The slowdown doesn't always happen but is definitely more likely if I'm towards the back of the pack for those corners.

I had a similar thing happen in the rain at Nurb, turn 1.

This is really strange, I've only encountered this once and that was a few days ago.

I'll give it a go but am worried something will go wrong and brick my console lol

The slowdown doesn't always happen but is definitely more likely if I'm towards the back of the pack for those corners.

Are you playing the game from an external drive? the standard ps4 shouldn't have slowdowns there.

Don't worry, I never bricked the console rebuilding the database, and I do it at least 3 times on a year.

Are you playing the game from an external drive? the standard ps4 shouldn't have slowdowns there.
I'm using a 2TB internal drive.
It doesn't happen every time, but is more likely to happen if there are many cars ahead of me when I approach Eau Rouge.

As recommended, I think I'm going to rebuild my database and see what happens after that.

I didn't get it at first but read of others having the same issue. Then it happened to me...

I'm using a 2TB internal drive.
It doesn't happen every time, but is more likely to happen if there are many cars ahead of me when I approach Eau Rouge.

As recommended, I think I'm going to rebuild my database and see what happens after that.

I didn't get it at first but read of others having the same issue. Then it happened to me...

I'm using a hybrid mechancial/ssd drive with cache in mine so my experience might be not standard also.

I’ve done the rebuild so many times that I don’t even back up anymore. It’s as stable as can be

Back