Update, of sorts!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 416 comments
Force feedback fine tuned, so not how it was on release so guessing they have dumbed down the physics or have dumbed down ffb too make it run smoother. so what version is this going to be? no mention of physics updates guessing that is all coming later with the dlc. deep down same as the pc version they said pfft

Last edited:
Not always...

1.3.7 was an update with DLC.
Then and good amount of hotfix updates .
An big update with physics and tyre model improvements together with free 2020 season liveries , also an update with driver personalization editor...

Till 1.5 that came with an DLC , and now they already launched 5 updates more (last one past Wednesday 1.5.5)
I knew that but it's almost always. Plus with console its almost inevitable DLC will come with an update considering how far behind it is. I really hope the speed it up to just being a Month behind. 3 months is long time.

Force feedback fine tuned, so not how it was on release so guessing they have dumbed down the physics or have dumbed down ffb too make it run smoother. so what version is this going to be? no mention of physics updates guessing that is all coming later with the dlc. deep down same as the pc version they said pfft
They might have changed it back, a lot of users were unhappy with the change from the first patch , and minimum force setting seemed bugged on a lot of wheels too.
But little point speculating, not long until it comes out. I'm hopeful, and looking forward to my first night race with proper headlights! :D

Mike again.........

Hi everyone. FIrst of all, I don't have my info mixed up (not that I know of, anyway!). I never stated that framerate was changing, but that d3t was able to improve frame times, so framerates will be similar to what they were before, but stutter will hopefully be improved and smoothed out. They also made tweaks to the headlights, which was having an impact on performance as well. In the end, it's a balancing act. I'm currently getting confirmation on what the in-game version is and hoping to try the patch later if it is available to me.

In-game version will be 1.5.4.

I'm just posting what I see from his discord posts.
They're very sparse but at least he's trying.
He does say he plays it too so is just as anxious for these updates as the rest of us

“Tweaks to the headlights as it was affecting performance”...
Crikey, they could get worse! :boggled:
They mean, they were able to turn them on.
They turned them off before as it tanked the frame rate!! :lol: but they're figuring out how it all works on console

In-game version will be 1.5.4.

Oh wow, was not expecting that!! Awesome, now I'm really looking forwards :D:tup:

More info and replies from Mike ;

"I'm still waiting to see when I can give the patch an early test drive. On the Thrustmaster front, I did see some good news that T150 and T300 wheels are really clean! T500 is still seeing some issues though in terms of FFB. Awaiting feedback on if that will be addressed in an interim patch."

About Xbox one X...

Screenshot_20200901-201256.jpg

Screenshot_20200901-214941.jpg

Wondering if we get the same improvements that PC got going from 1.3.7 to 1.5.4

In theory yes, Al upgrades,fixes since 1.3.7 to 1.5.4 should be now in console versions like physics updates, tyres simulation adjustments,2020 season liveries, driver personalization editor Hud improvements and more (specific console bugs/issues apart:D)

We have to wait and see what's there once launched the new update

I hope that is the case, but we have to bear in mind that before they’ve fixed console specific bugs, they’re bringing a new version of the game in... I’d like to think they’ve had this version for a while and the bug fixes have been worked around that, rather than 1.3.7.

Slightly concerns me tbh. This is where the differing studios for PC and console don’t work. But hey, let’s hope I’m wrong and this new game version just brings us the goodies we’ve been waiting for, not more bugs.

In theory yes, Al upgrades,fixes since 1.3.7 to 1.5.4 should be now in console versions like physics updates, tyres simulation adjustments,2020 season liveries, driver personalization editor Hud improvements and more (specific console bugs/issues apart:D)

We have to wait and see what's there once launched the new update
I wonder if Auxiliary lights were added in a later update on PC in a version we dont have yet or if it's just a mishap?
I hope that is the case, but we have to bear in mind that before they’ve fixed console specific bugs, they’re bringing a new version of the game in... I’d like to think they’ve had this version for a while and the bug fixes have been worked around that, rather than 1.3.7.

Slightly concerns me tbh. This is where the differing studios for PC and console don’t work. But hey, let’s hope I’m wrong and this new game version just brings us the goodies we’ve been waiting for, not more bugs.
I'm honestly just waiting for a PS5 version or patch rather than hoping this version is gonna be bug free and perfect. I think with next gen this is gonna be sublime considering how much I like it with all its warts. Not had time to play recently unfortunately.

Was playing the Pc Version last night and it's worlds away from the PS4 in terms of driving feel, could be so much smoother in my steering and finding if the car lost control i could get it going straight again without spinning out and also not wheel spinning like crazy with a slight touch of the accelerator it does on ps4 , and got a green bar on one of the ratings where it says on ps4 im over driving all the time. heres hoping it controls similar on PS4 but with the notes saying fine tuned ffb than reverted we will have too wait and see.

Don't know what's more anticipated, the update or the moaning about the update.

I think anyone still playing the game has just accepted the framerate (me included). As long as the frame pacing is actually improved, and they don’t introduce any new issues, I will be happy.

I’m more concerned with A. whether the next gen consoles will improve performance (MS says it can double frame rates, but what is the criteria for that?) and B. will an official next gen version/upgrade even be considered?

There's 3 main things I'd like fixing that affect me each time I play, and that's AI pathing under the rolling starts; floating AI cars where tyres don't touch the track surface; and the Controls Locked bug at race start.

I don't mind the frame rate but the game can get juddery at times so a performance tweak is also needed.

Multiplayer BSOD errors are biggest issue for me and no mention of fixing that unfortunately.
lower your friend list on the console to a max of 150 and "issue" is fixed.
That's the workaround for now.

It was asked on twitter, and they said that they are aware of the issue and still working on it, maybe in the next update that comes end of this month it will be fixed, meanwhile you have the workaround that allow you to play the multiplayer without BSOD

@lancia delta hf

The auxiliary lights are in fact the red light on the rear of the car for rain races and they work ,you can see it in showroom

lower your friend list on the console to a max of 150 and "issue" is fixed.
That's the workaround for now.

It was asked on twitter, and they said that they are aware of the issue and still working on it, maybe in the next update that comes end of this month it will be fixed, meanwhile you have the workaround that allow you to play the multiplayer without BSOD

@lancia delta hf

The auxiliary lights are in fact the red light on the rear of the car for rain races and they work ,you can see it in showroom
Not "fixed", but a workaround as you said. I'm using second account, but low rated and no setups saved, etc, so a mild annoyance. And when you're in a few different leagues the "friends" lists can add up pretty quickly and can't be bothered culling it.

Update is available

9 gigs on Xbox
2 gigs on PS4

In-game version 1.5.4 , let's go test it out:)

Official chancelog

GENERAL
Wheel profiles updated for all brands
Force feedback fine-tuned.
Max steer lock changes to Logitech G923.
Force feedback enabled for some additional Fanatec wheels.
Headlights at night have improvements to quality.
Memory crash fixed after returning to main menu from a race.
Crash fixed when selecting some cars within a race.
Memory crash fixed when going into a race.

GAMEPLAY
Added driver/team customisation for use with custom created cars.

UI
Real-time track overview while in the garage.
Text and localisation changes for all languages.

MULTIPLAYER
Client: server car groups displayed in server list.

AUDIO
Tweaked curbs and astroturf volume in onboard cameras.
Better organisation in sample reference structure.
Better audio feedback for brake temperature and wear level.
General fine-tuning

Let's find out what's more in the update

Back