Update, of sorts!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 416 comments
:lol:
Wonder why xbox patch is so much bigger? A difference in how the two systems update? Or more to fix... :lol:

Seems with Xbox that you have to redownload a portion of the game each time a new update comes out. Drives the COD MW crowd mad apparently :lol:

It's smoother, the graphics look better, FFb is the same, maybe a bit stronger
There's a steer scale in setup which is a bit of a pain, seems to be similar to steering lock maybe a rack changer?
There's some nice additions to the HUD
And headlights actually work.

I’ve also noticed it looks a little cleaner and is smoother too (PS4 Pro in 1080p mode).

Thoughts after an initial test on my favourite combo (Lambo/Kyalami)...

Game feels much quicker. I did a low 1:40 on my first flying lap in free practice with aggressive setup. For me, that’s quick.

Kerbs are much less crashy (at least the ones that were before at Kyalami).

FFB doesn’t feel much different at all which I’m pleased with (G29).

Car feels much more how I would imagine a GT3 car to feel (this is purely by watching onboards etc).

GT4’s are already in the game but obviously locked.

Seems you’re able to brake as late as what I’ve been seeing on PC and car is much less likely to push wide on throttle out of most turns. Looks like this is mainly where most of the extra speed is coming from (for me at least).

There's a steer scale in setup which is a bit of a pain, seems to be similar to steering lock maybe a rack changer?

Xbox or PS?

I really like the new update, finally i will be able to enjoy night racing. Till now i didnt drive at night cuz u cant see nothing.
But finally the lights work (on all cars too), it nice to see them go up the hill on eau rouge at night.
They even added gt3 2020 liveries.
It smoother too, i also went by a full sec faster than before on some tracks. Same agressive setup...
Didnt notice any frame drops with 20 cars going thru eaurouge at night. So it good now.
im on ps4 base

There was already a slider to adjust steering ratio in the setup. Is this a completely different thing in addition to that one?

The anticipation is killing me, only 5 hours left of work. Blehhhhhh

Yeah I was planning on doing Project Cars 2 tonight but now I definitely want to see what changes have been made to ACC. But it's another 6 hours of work for me before I can get home.

Yeah ACC also for me the best i played, its so hard for me to play other games after it like PC2 or F1, these games feel wierd specially on handling and physics.
New update really improved the game, its for sure 2 steps forward but none back. Everything improved, sure it will never reach graphics like GTS, but i dont care much, cuz other racing games will never reach ACC in the most important aspects. At least for me, and thats why i keep coming and coming back to ACC. Its so much fun, and you can really feel when youre driving on limit even with pad.

Yup, some good improvements ,now they have to fix minor issues and bugs in next patch before launching the GT 4 dlc (unlock code)

Nice to be able to take a look at the GT4s, but in really does make me want to drive them.
I want to try the little french alpine....:(

PS_Messages_20200903_190847.jpg

Like the addition of the drivers avatars editor

PS_Messages_20200903_190844.jpg

The New Hud indicators are finally here also .

Now just want to know what the new option "steer scale" means and do

AMG aux lights.jpg
Nissan GTR has the internal led and that are accent lights that you want to say

But auxiliary lights in-game are is the rear red rain light, try it in showroom and you will notice
The internal light is endurance light.
The red light at the back as stated is rain light.
If you look at @lancia delta hf picture you will see a green Aux light at the front , that & the side ones are missing some cars have less some have more.

This picture show the missing DRL lights & AUX lights for the AMG each car is different of course

Last edited:
Shame we still don’t have FoV adjustment.

Yup, Mike on Discord said we can ask features and do suggestions in the bug report form website also...so we have to be quite some people ask camara moviments, VoF settings,UDP support and button box/keyboard compatibility for mapping.

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

Also...I let here the phisycs improvements/changes from 1.3.7 core version to 1.5.4 that now are also in console versions.

Core version 1.3.10

PHYSICS:
- New suspension bumpstop calculation.
NOTE: we advise to check your old setups by clicking at least once on the ride height and then controlling bumpstop window in the setup!
- Fine tuning of influence of wet surfaces at slipangle peak and aquaplaning, on slick tyres.
- New tearing feature on tyre wear if tyres are pushed way over their peak slip angle for an elongated time.
- Steer angle and clock added to shared memory.

Core version 1.4

PHYSICS:
- Improved automatic Setup UI system.
- Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
- Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
- Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
- Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
- Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
- Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
- Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
- Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
- Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
- Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
- Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
- Core engine work.

Core version 1.5

PHYSICS:
- Fixed tyre pressure reset on used tyres when pitting without tyre change.
- Motec control channels frequency upped to 60Hz.
- Fixed Motec channel drift when comparing laptimes.
- Kerb, slip, G-force and ABS vibrations added to physics API.
- EBB (active electronic brake bias) feature activated and implemented.
- Torque vectoring differential activated and implemented.
- Pirelli DH and DW tyre model implementation, all dimensions required and used for GT4 European Series cars.
- Updated and improved implementation of caster physics (also affects visual appearance).
- Porsche 991II GT3 Cup tyre model update and fine-tuning.
- Porsche 991II GT3 Cup updated spring rates and bumpstops as per endurance homologation.

Core version 1.5.3

PHYSICS:
- Brakepad lifespan/durability adjustments.

Core version 1.5.4

PHYSICS:
- KTM X-Bow GT4 Laguna Seca wet preset fix.
- Porsche Cayman GT4 fuel consumptions in preset setups and AI fuel consumption fix.
- Aston Martin V8 GT4 TC and ABS setup values fix.
- Gearbox logic waits for gear to engage before accepting another gear input. Fixes spamming downshifts and overreving.

Last edited:
New update is very cool, but why did they change the road textures? So many of my break markers are gone. No more rubber on the road in heavy breaking zones.

New update is very cool, but why did they change the road textures? So many of my break markers are gone. No more rubber on the road in heavy breaking zones.

Now you mention that, I did wonder that too, but thought it was because it was free practice and track was green. Can anyone else confirm if the tracks are like this permanently? I.e no visual track evolution in this version?

Still a complete mess on One X. I’m about to just give up and buy it for PS4. Is it running smoothly on there? Really frustrating. It’s such a stuttering mess on One X that it’s almost nauseating.

Can’t tell a huge difference in performance on X1X, I’d say it doesn’t stutter as much, but peak performance hasn’t been improved.

I’m liking the physics refinements, drastic suspension movement feels smoother and better communicated. Driver customization is nice as well.

If they ever improve the framerate on this game I’m going to be in danger of addiction haha.

I just had a go after not playing for a few weeks. DS4 immediately felt better, last update seemed to have messed it up. I haven't touched the settings but it felt really nice, better than before tye last update in fact. Maybe that is down to the physics update too. Replay runs smoother. Wheel rims paint seems to be fixed. Liveries on the macca 720 still a mess. Headlights are a welcome fix. Game seems to run smoother on base PS4.

Something I wish they added was when you click showroom with the doors open and lights on it would stay like that but they didnt, doors would be shut and lights off, not anymore.
PS_Messages_20200904_002453.jpg

You can mess about with tye GT4 liveried too but cant save them.

Game still crashes. Went to save highlights and got the blue screen. No FOV and seat adjustment, baffling in a sim. I started a an early morning race in the dark and everything was fuzzy, looked bloody terrible. I watched the replay and saw that it was actually the rain. Wipers would not wipe the screen very well and it just looked terrible. Someone test that and see if it was a one off or if they've ruined it.

All in all it feels so nice to drive.
Nissan GTR has the internal led and that are accent lights that you want to say

But auxiliary lights in-game are is the rear red rain light, try it in showroom and you will notice
If you look at auxiliary in livery editor you can see some cars you can pick none or 1+, and if you scroll all the way down in the colour palette there are a bunch of colours which is what you're meant to select for the lights I believe. If you select a colour of your choice you will see during the race that the led board on the windshield with your number on it is now in the colour of your choice ( pretty sure it was the colour I selected unless it was just that car that had blue LEDs). Theres a blue light in every cabin when you turn on endure lights. I wish we could get in the drivers seat too in the car selection screen.

Last edited:
Back