Updated tracks?

• Thread starter DDMv2
  • 49 comments
evolutionr91
evolutionr
Just want to know when we will be getting an update with new tracks? I'm so bored of the current tracks we have...

Just give me the ring and ill be happy!:nervous:

That I know of, nobody outside PD knows if or when there will be new cars or tracks released for GT5P.

At this moment, anything more than that is pure speculation.

[/thread]

Can we just make a sticky that says the ring will only be included in the full version?

They will never, ever give us the ring for prologue. That course is their cash cow and if they give it to all the prologue people then less people will buy the full game.

What we need is more tracks like suzuka, aka el capitan, trial mountain, etc...

I think Nurburgring will be available before the full GT5. PD have a whole new line up of tracks waiting for us, so giving us Nurburgring early will bring back a lot of people that have abandoned GT5p. PD can't ride on this "demo" for too long without giving us something really decent.

I think Nurburgring will be available before the full GT5. PD have a whole new line up of tracks waiting for us, so giving us Nurburgring early will bring back a lot of people that have abandoned GT5p. PD can't ride on this "demo" for too long without giving us something really decent.

I agree, currently we've paid about $40.00 for a glorified demo. Seeing as how this is supposed to be a test bed for ideas, I think they really need to release some new additional content above and beyond the current expansion data.

That being said, I don't want them to rush anything out unifinished. I still expect the detail oriented work and polish that PD is known for. I really love how much effort they put into everything they do.

They may give the old ring ported to Prologue as seen on many shows to us and whole new wonderfully remodeled track will be available in full GT5. But this is just my wish.

Can we just make a sticky that says the ring will only be included in the full version?

They will never, ever give us the ring for prologue. That course is their cash cow and if they give it to all the prologue people then less people will buy the full game.

What we need is more tracks like suzuka, aka el capitan, trial mountain, etc...

Tell us how you know it will never be in Prologue? If you dont have 100% proof of your statement then dont be stating such statements. Its up to PD wether it will make it to Prologue or not. Nobody outside of PD knows whats going to happen.

I agree on that. We're like beta testers all most. Of course they need people to play the game to further develop it into the best racing game ever made :)

Throw us a banana, PD!

However you feel about it, the fact is that PD only releases content when they know it will blow people's socks off. What's more, that track is a real headliner, and it will be seen as a symbol of PD's capabilities. We'll get the Ring, but we'll get it when it's as close to photo-realistic as they can make it.

Whenever we get it, the Ring will set a whole new standard. Let's just hope it comes with Spec III!

I dont think we are going to get anything until another 2 months after this fall update.

IF we get this damage update they have said they are working on, then that will keep us happy for a while (and MAYBE the possiblity of private rooms).

All we know is that the new Lotus Evora has been modeled and put into GT (seen at motor shows). We also know that they have made a HD nurburgring and le man track so this could be a possible update, but very unlikely as its not a completed and brand new track. We also know that the new Ferrari California has been put into a video. Not sure if the phyiscs have been completed yet but... could we get this to co-inside with the release of the car....?

We also know that the new Ferrari California has been put into a video. Not sure if the phyiscs have been completed yet but... could we get this to co-inside with the release of the car....?

We also have seen a mountain road that has been modelled during the California video. That would be nice :)

Done to death so many times already. PD never tells us anything far in advance, so there's no answer to your question, and there likely never will be until just prior to the update.

Nope, no new cars or tracks. Dont believe everything you read on wiki, people change it / make it up ahaha :lol:

They did add cars and a track on the spec II update, if you don't believe me then here's proof

These are the spec II cars and tracks that were added on.

High Speed Ring

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Art Morrison '60 Corvette
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
Blitz Dunlop ER34
BMW 1 Concept Series Tii
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS
Concept By Gran Turismo Cappuccino/HP Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Clio Sport V6/Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Corvette Zo6/Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Elise/Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Elise 111R/Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Concept By Gran Turismo Gran Turismo 350Z RS
Concept By Gran Turismo Evolution IX/Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Evolution X/Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Skyline Coupe/Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Swift Sport/Tuned
Concept By Gran Turismo Viper SRT-10 Coupe/Tuned
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Ferrari 512BB
Ferrari F2007
Ferrari F40
Ford Focus ST
Ford GT
Honda NSX Type R
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A
Mazda RX-8 Type S
Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R
Mini Cooper S
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type RA
Suzuki Cervo SR
TVR Tamora
Volkswagon Golf V GTI

These cars and tracks came on the spec II update, and I didn't get this from Wiki, it tells you what cars and tracks were added on in the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue official website

Last edited:
Ow sorry! I forgot about the Japanese game getting updated to what they released in the UK. Sorry Fujiwara-kun, my bad.

Spec III will include at least:

La Sarthe
Nurburgring Nordschleife

Ferrari California
Lotus EVora

Do you have a source for this information?

No, you don't.

Just because Polyphony has released demos that contain these cars/tracks does NOT mean they will definitely be included in the next update. La Sarthe has been shown in HD demos since 2007 and has yet to be released for Prologue. Likewise, the 'Ring has been shown in demos but only looks like a high-definition GT4 that has had no work done on it. Polyphony hasn't even officially announced the next update yet, let alone give specific details about what's in it.

In the future, please do not 'guarantee' that new tracks and cars will be released unless you have a specific source that can be verified. Otherwise, you just damage your own reputation and are taken less seriously by everyone. Until Polyphony announces the update and what's it it, please do not state that the update will definitely include specific cars and tracks. All you do is create false hope and look foolish.

I want new tracks like Spa, Monza, Silverstone, and Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari more than I want the 'Ring.

I only want Imola if they're not going to give us the neutered Tamborello and Tosa corners. I want it in pre 1995 configuration.

Back