User Decals - A Tutorial On How To Make .SVG (Request in separate thread)

• Thread starter daan
  • 1,460 comments
This if for @TwinsAL01
With your file I kept ungrouping your lettering until there was no more groups . Then combined all the paths to a single one. Click [object] and then [objects] to have a little window open like this, it helps to see what is going on.
aaaa.png

Also with result selected click [edit] then [resize page to selection]
If using SVGOMG make sure to use THIS ONE. Other versions have issues with GTSPORT.

Attachments

• GRS.svg
    7.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
This if for @TwinsAL01
With your file I kept ungrouping your lettering until there was no more groups . Then combined all the paths to a single one. Click [object] and then [objects] to have a little window open like this, it helps to see what is going on.
View attachment 914797
Also with result selected click [edit] then [resize page to selection]
If using SVGOMG make sure to use THIS ONE. Other versions have issues with GTSPORT.
So kind of you! Thanks!!!

hi im strugel by seeing this logo in GT sport at the upload page it looks fine but it is total black in gt sport. i made the svg file in inkscape and tryed alot og differint verriations hope some one can help?
995DC611-63BD-4D40-8213-25E0200611AF.png
29DAF543-DAFF-42DA-B5D4-1CB46FCCB870.png

Hey guys I'm struggling to get this SVG down in size, do I need to split it up into different decals?

Edit: SVG Removed

Last edited:
Guys, I'm stuck trying to get this logo to show properly on game.

I got the SVG here, edited so that I could upload a text only version and another with just the symbol. Also used the optimizer to make the files small.

But the symbol is displayed without the gradient orange effect at the bottom on game. At the decal uploader, it looks fine:

go69amS.png

DyNAHeM.jpg

Any ideas?

Guys, I'm stuck trying to get this logo to show properly on game.

I got the SVG here, edited so that I could upload a text only version and another with just the symbol. Also used the optimizer to make the files small.

But the symbol is displayed without the gradient orange effect at the bottom on game. At the decal uploader, it looks fine:

Any ideas?
Try the one below from world vector logo instead. The one you found is very complicated with masking and clipping. Here is an objects list of the two compared.
objects.png

For GTSPORT aim for the simplest object list possible.

Attachments

• celestron.svg
    3.1 KB · Views: 19
Try the one below from world vector logo instead. The one you found is very complicated with masking and clipping. Here is an objects list of the two compared.
View attachment 918830
For GTSPORT aim for the simplest object list possible.

Hum, that makes sense. Thanks for the input and for the file!

EDIT:

@Maninashed I have tried the file, but it shows blank on site and on game. Opened it on Inkscape and resized it to selection (it was huge horizontally) and then it shows on the decal uploader/site, but not on game. Any idea?

Last edited:
Hum, that makes sense. Thanks for the input and for the file!

EDIT:

@Maninashed I have tried the file, but it shows blank on site and on game. Opened it on Inkscape and resized it to selection (it was huge horizontally) and then it shows on the decal uploader/site, but not on game. Any idea?
If it has a gradient you need to do a "save as" and choose optimized from drop down list for it to work in GTSPORT. If using SVGOMG only use this one. Good Idea to use it anyway as it can fix minor problems. The file I uploaded was straight from world vector logo. I never tested it.
All I did now was resize. Used the white to cut the ball up so that it was more like your first file. Reapplied the gradient. Saved as optimized and ran it through SVGOMG. Works in game.

Attachments

• celestron all.svg
    3.5 KB · Views: 16
  • celestron ball.svg
    1.2 KB · Views: 15
  • celestron txt.svg
    3 KB · Views: 14
TxqbBNbeXZ0.jpg
n68KKlFP8sA.jpg

Hello everyone. Faced such a problem. I'm trying to draw a character in Inkscape, and then optimize it with https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/, and everything is fine until the sticker is in the game itself. Does anyone know how to deal with this, or because of what the picture breaks up?
The Jakearchibald OMG doesn't work for GTSport anymore.

This is the new, correct one https://xerocho.github.io/svgomg/ and you need to put your original SVG through that.

good day,

need your help again in creating decals. In the previous attempt some letters were not visible, so hope one of you can provide for the below:

upload_2020-5-26_12-44-36.png

upload_2020-5-26_12-45-34.png

upload_2020-5-26_12-45-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-26_12-43-50.png
    upload_2020-5-26_12-43-50.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 16
Hello! Hoping someone skilled in Inkscape can help me out.

I am attempting to create some CF parts using a clone technique of a smaller CF weave pattern. But since the parts I’m making have curves and non right angles, i cannot clone the pieces in such a pattern to keep the file size down. I also have been fairly unsuccessful at getting a large enough sheet of CF “punched” (clipped) into the shape of the part I’m trying to create, without going over the 15kb, or not being able to clip the cloned tiles at all without ungrouping them, which also pushes over the 15kb size.

anyone have a technique I’m not thinking of that would be better off?

much appreciated!

Hello! Hoping someone skilled in Inkscape can help me out.

I am attempting to create some CF parts using a clone technique of a smaller CF weave pattern. But since the parts I’m making have curves and non right angles, i cannot clone the pieces in such a pattern to keep the file size down. I also have been fairly unsuccessful at getting a large enough sheet of CF “punched” (clipped) into the shape of the part I’m trying to create, without going over the 15kb, or not being able to clip the cloned tiles at all without ungrouping them, which also pushes over the 15kb size.

anyone have a technique I’m not thinking of that would be better off?

much appreciated!
Try the multiple overlay of repeating gradients. Here is a sample. Note: not an optimized file, just an example.

Attachments

• CF.svg
    12.6 KB · Views: 28
Guys, I have a pattern that I want to transform into a mask. For example, I want to go from something like this:

bMCQRD2.png

Into this:

k924FbE.png

I know how to make shapes (or the lines, in the example) transparent, but I don't know how to make the background have a color. Could someone shed a light on how would you do something like this on Inkscape?

!! I think it took me breaking down your example for me to figure out all the reflective and direct repeat comments. Make so much more sense than the cloning tools now!

appreciate it!
If your base shape is complex like text for example. You can set the stroke and fill colors to undefined (will be black in game). Then each clone can have its own gradient. Here is example to look at.

Attachments

• example.svg
    9.2 KB · Views: 23
Back