Vanquish vs. Viper

• Thread starter Paddy
  • 190 comments
The WRX STi lists around 32,000 from the factory, so drive yourself to the Subaru main distributor, and pick up a subaru for 32000, don't get it from the distributor, automatic 597 dollars more for shipment....Get it from a dealership? All depends on the dealer, anywhere from 32500 to 39,000 fully loaded..Mustangs 34,000 for a 12 second car with another 100HP. Put the 18k into the stang, and I gaurentee it'll also beat almost every other car out there.

If you have that kind of cash to buy a new car and just drop 18k in it right off the bat, why not just get a faster car to begin with. I'd rather make payments of a 52k car, rather then go broke trying to get the money needed to make my other car faster before the engine wears out or looses peak horsepower.

Originally posted by Sominon
If you have that kind of cash to buy a new car and just drop 18k in it right off the bat, why not just get a faster car to begin with. I'd rather make payments of a 52k car, rather then go broke trying to get the money needed to make my other car faster before the engine wears out or looses peak horsepower.

You and your unproven rapid"engine wear"...Let's do some more math before the subject is over..Let's say we do a 2,000 dollar down payment and the interest rate is an imaginary 0% and you're paying on a 4 year loan. The corvette will be 833 dollars a month, the mustang would be 550 dollars a month...That's almost 400 dollars a month you can put into the mustang as compared to the stock corvette. With 400 dollars you can EASILY run low low low 12's high 11's. So after 1 month your car is faster. In 4 years your car will smoke the crap out of it, and STILL cost less.....
Now FIATS!!

Fiats = coo
Fiats < Vantage
but
Fiats > North American cars

Originally posted by Sominon

you are wrong but on the right track.....

$52k to spend... get a new car worth close to $52k rather than a new car worth $32k and spending $20k upgrading and ruin part or all of your new car warranty. :P

hows that? :)

The funny thing is you said someone would have to drop 20k in to the STi for it to = the value of the Z06 what the hell if I did that I would have a 800hp Sti that would smoke the Z06 and have time to go and smoke a mustang. The mustang is a over rated poor mans car (this dosaen't include the Cobra SVT Stangs, and Saleens)People here buy a stang put 2000 to 4000 dollers in it. Then it runs for only 3 to 4 months thats a wast of mony to me and yes I've see 12sec,11sec,and even a 8.0sec stang but they can't drive them daily like you can a ws6 T/A,ss-Z-28,or Z06 with $2,000 to $4,000 dollers in them.Sorry but I got off track but the mustang is over rated like always. Anyway my STi will rape vetts,stangs,z-28's,and T/A's all day with only 34,988 and with only 2,890 dollers in mods now that sound s like a better deal to me than a z06 and my warranty is just fine (what they don't know won't kill them) :lol: :lol:
Now I'm not the one to bust on someone but who in ther right mind would want a mustang over a vette if they had a extra $400= dollers to spend on a mustang just get it over with and buy a saleen this way you get a good looking car and 400+hp car (out of the s281-e)at $58,932 and still have 0 miles. This car was built to run hard after 20miles on it so you still have a warranty which is factory and everyone including me would have to think about should I race him or not? Me I say hell why not if I lose its to a saleen not a mustang. ;)

The Viper wins hands down even though vanquish is a good car. i get the vanquish and think cool a vanquish, but i get the viper and think its a monster. It just is better i cant explain it.

Car and Driver did a comparison with the STOCK Corvette C5, and the new supercharged Cobra.

Needless to say, the Corvette won. Not much of a price difference between them either.

And you're talking about quarter mile times... And 2 inches lower in your sig, you say DRAG RACING IS A CRIME.

The Corvette is a better car. Period.

I know I'm posting late, but I personally don't see how any aston martin car is as fast as a Dodge Viper, or at least on GT3, I wouldn't know about a real aston martin.

Back