Vanquish vs. Viper

• Thread starter Paddy
  • 190 comments
You know driftster, it might help if you specify which Vantage you are talking about! For one, you never said the V8 Vantage or the DB7 Vantage . . . why Aston Martin names two cars Vantage beats me, but maybe you can tell me? Since you showed me the link of the car you are talking about, at least I know which car you are talking about now. That one you are talking about is a fat little piggie, it would be better compared to a Benz or a 7 Series BMW. 4000+lbs. is hardly to be proud of in a so called "supercar".

Originally posted by VashTheStampede
That is what it sounds like to me. Go to supercars.net or fast-autos.net and show me where you support your claim of the Vanquish and Vantage beating the Viper in a road race. Oh, and wait, let me spare you the time, you won't find that information because it won't happen.

AND you said this

Originally posted by VashTheStampede
Ummm . . . I'm sorry, but neither the Vanquish or Vantage would beat the Viper in a road race. Plus for the money of the Vanquish, I would rather own a 911 GT2 and a Boxster S or a Z06.

and before that I said this

Lol who said you use your car to pick up women, a car is a tool is it not? Tools aid in things, therefore not only would your vantage beat a viper in a road race, it'd also be a less common car, making it stand out a hell of alot more. Now you don't need a car to pickup women, but the better the car the more it gets noticed, the easier the job.

Looks to me like you were aware that the Vantage was being included there....Seeing as how only 1 is actually LABELED the "Vantage" in it's marketing, and the fact that it's the only Vantage I EVER talk about, as Ving knows and most other people in the forum, it's pretty obvious

I was very aware that the Vantage was being included . . . but again, like I said you never specified which one we were talking about. It could have been both the V8 Vantage or the DB7 Vantage. And honestly do you think your fat little piggie is going to outhandle a Viper in the hands of a good driver? Why don't you check out the Aston Martin dealership in GT3, you will see two Vantages.

But when I mentioned the Vantage you Automatically Assumed I meant the slower one with less power? And when I mentioned 550HP you thought I was crazy? That's not a rational explaination at all.
and yeah I will check out the dealership in GT3, there are 2 vantages but which one says Vantage? 1 of the 2. One says "DB7" the other one says "V8 VANTAGE"

And in real life there are two Vantages . . . and I couldn't give a **** about either, because both of them are overweight. I could really care less about the V8 Vantage, as it never dawned on my mind. I don't know why you would want a vehicle that is supposed to be a "supercar" that weighs over 4300 lbs. You must also like your ladies alittle on the extra plump side too. Yeah you are crazy in thinking the Z06 isn't the best bang for you buck. I should've stuck by my first time when I said I would let you "win", but I didn't and I was an idiot for that. I guess at least I know of another one other than myself now.

So my friend, I hope you have a wonderful life and a good rest of the day. So now I bid you farewell, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Sure god may have mercy on my SOULD
Chalk one up to the Driftster, I remain undefeated in debates, funny enough I won this one by a horrible assumption.
Not only that THE VETTE ISN'T THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK IT'S 128 DOLLARS PER HP, THE COBRA GETS 83 DOLLARS PER HP AND HAS MORE HP. Proof, the vette argument is done, it's not the best bang for the buck. Great car, but not the best bang for the buck.

I'm sorry the Cobra gets handed it arse in real racing, which is not drag racing, which you lead people to believe it is by your posting in this thread. Now go away and leave all of us alone, you are one annoying little ******.

how does that song go?

"Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money
Boys will laugh at girls when they're not funny"
by Good Charrlotte :)

and it is so true...
no better way to show a girl you have money than to drive a car worth $300k - $400k :)

sad but true!

look, my viper can do burnouts!...

Look, my car absolutely OOOOzes class (and if i wanna I can beat a viper w/ it)

Holy crap this thread is getting out of hand. :D

Originally posted by Driftster
First the mustang STARTS at 34,000. 38,000 is for the convertable model.

Second, the whole idea of you ruling out the mustang simply because it's supercharged is rediculous, that's like ruling out the Bugatti EB110 because it's turbocharged. Ford decided to put a blower on it. Chevy didn't put a blower on the vette, and they could have. Their loss right?

You're right the 01 vette had about 385HP but i've seen more dyno's in the 330HP and 340TQ Area as apposed to 350.
The 04 Vette DOES have 405 rated HP, and makes about 350-60 to the ground, and that drivetrain loss is understandable with the vette's configuration. However the Mustang makes almost 370whp, and is rated at 390Hp. Now I'm not engineer, but I know that if you take 390HP ,send it through the tremec transmission, through the signature ford aluminum driveshaft, and through those 3.55:1 gears, you're going to get alot lower of a numver than 370whp. Which means in actualiy the cobra has HP in the area of 410-420HP. Yeah, in the 1/4 the Z06 would STILL probably win by a SLIGHT margain, but then again you're paying 20,000 dollars for that slight margain.
As far as you mentioning it being the WORSTE handling IRS car you've ever driven. IT's funny, because the 03 Cobra turns out better lap times than a 04 Subaru WRX STi, and you think that car handles well don't you? Of course you do, most people do! :D

I never made any mention of "ruling out the Mustang simply because it's supercharged." Where do you get that idea?

The new Mustang is great, but it's nowhere near the same class as the Vette. The Mustang has a lot of cool stuff under the hood that the Z06 doesn't, but that's actually why it's so easy to get a ton of extra horsepower out of the Vette.

You're just plain lying when you say the new Mustang makes almost 370 at the wheels, unless by "almost" you mean a little under 350. Give some sources if you're going to just start posting numbers that go against all common sense.

Also, it is utterly asinine that you would say that the Z06 would only beat the Mustang by a "slight margin" in the 1/4. It is a fact that the Vette gets better traction. It is a fact that the Vette has more power. It is a fact that the Vette weights 600 lbs less. We're not talking about a slight margin here.

The only legitimate praise you can come up with for the Mustang is that it gets better lap times than the Subaru WRX STi. Well, here's a news flash for you: The WRX is a 2.5L 4-cylinder.

Wait Ving, which car are you talking about? You're talking about the DB7 ARN'T YOU!! I knew it! it doesn't beat the viper! YOU have to be CRAZY to think that the VANTAGE(i'm thinking of) beats the viper! and it doesn't cost 300,000 EITHER

Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
Holy crap this thread is getting out of hand. :D

I never made any mention of "ruling out the Mustang simply because it's supercharged." Where do you get that idea?

The new Mustang is great, but it's nowhere near the same class as the Vette. The Mustang has a lot of cool stuff under the hood that the Z06 doesn't, but that's actually why it's so easy to get a ton of extra horsepower out of the Vette.

You're just plain lying when you say the new Mustang makes almost 370 at the wheels, unless by "almost" you mean a little under 350. Give some sources if you're going to just start posting numbers that go against all common sense.

Also, it is utterly asinine that you would say that the Z06 would only beat the Mustang by a "slight margin" in the 1/4. It is a fact that the Vette gets better traction. It is a fact that the Vette has more power. It is a fact that the Vette weights 600 lbs less. We're not talking about a slight margin here.

The only legitimate praise you can come up with for the Mustang is that it gets better lap times than the Subaru WRX STi. Well, here's a news flash for you: The WRX is a 2.5L 4-cylinder.

It's pretty Easy to get extra HP out of the mustang too, you're right it's easier for the vette because it's naturally aspirated. but with a mustang you can get 700HP from a pretty basic kit that can be asembled for less than 2000 dollars, and you're still using stock cat exhaust manifold throttle body all that stuff, and be runnin 9's

I don't know what part of "THE MUSTANG MAKES MORE HORSEPOWER THAN THE CORVETTE" is too much to understand, because it does!

And you want some more praise?
The mustang alsot beats a Mercedes SL 55 AMG on the road course.
The Mustang stays within 3 seconds of the Ferrari F355 on the road course.
The Mustang also spanks the Lotus Espirit Turbo on the road course.
The Mustang also stays with the Maserati 32000 on the road course.
The Mustang also stays with the Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa.

I think that is DAMN enough praise for the 35,000 dollar mustang...
Oh and as for you HP proof and all there

Here you go

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/cobra03dyno.pdf

Oh and you can't forget the Mustangs option for a live axle, which means even lower 1/4 times off the bat, so i'd say it's right there with the z06...

P.S. this is just an opinion based observation, but alot of people are saying that the Cobra outhandles the camaro no contest what so ever.

...but with a mustang you can get 700HP from a pretty basic kit that can be asembled for less than 2000 dollars, and you're still using stock cat exhaust manifold throttle body all that stuff, and be runnin 9's

Where are you getting that figure? If you can get 700 HP for less than $2000, please tell me why the link you posted is for a $3700 blower upgrade that puts out 616 HP.

You're so full of shït. That supercharger costs $3699, plus you have to get the $139 Cobra Cool Air Kit, and then you can't run the car on regular gas anymore! To get 616 HP, you need to run 20 PSI boost, but even 92 Octane Premium isn't good enough if you turn the boost up past 15 PSI! Go read the site's FAQ!

And just because that site made a random comment that a Mustang with 700 HP could run 9 seconds doesn't make it true. That claim was made nowhere on the site, it was only mentioned in the PDF file, which was already poorly written and had spelling mistakes.

I don't know what part of "THE MUSTANG MAKES MORE HORSEPOWER THAN THE CORVETTE" is too much to understand, because it does!

Why do you keep saying that??? I asked you for proof, and you have none, so I think you'd better shut up. The Z06 has more power, and it's 600 lbs. lighter. Do you know how much 600 lbs. slows a car down?

And you want some more praise?
The mustang alsot beats a Mercedes SL 55 AMG on the road course.
The Mustang stays within 3 seconds of the Ferrari F355 on the road course.
The Mustang also spanks the Lotus Espirit Turbo on the road course.
The Mustang also stays with the Maserati 32000 on the road course.
The Mustang also stays with the Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa.

Maseratis? What doesn't beat a Maserati? Do you honestly think anybody cares if your Mustang can beat a Maserati or a Mercedes SL 55 AMG? I don't see a Viper on that list. I don't see a Corvette on that list. The best thing you can come up with is that your Mustang is only 3 seconds slower than a Ferrari? Care to elaborate? I can peddle a bicycle within 3 seconds of a Ferrari if you make the track short enough. It really shows how desparate you are when you'll just give out random numbers like that without any frame of reference whatsoever.

Oh and you can't forget the Mustangs option for a live axle, which means even lower 1/4 times off the bat, so i'd say it's right there with the z06...

But of course! A live axle! Yeah, I'll bet that'll just magically make up for having less power and weighing 600 lbs. more.

I know, you want so much to believe that the Mustang is a kick-ass race car, but try taking a step back and looking at the things you're saying. Pull Henry Ford's head out of your ass long enough to see how insane most of your Mustang-related comments are.

Wait Ving, which car are you talking about? You're talking about the DB7 ARN'T YOU!! I knew it! it doesn't beat the viper! YOU have to be CRAZY to think that the VANTAGE(i'm thinking of) beats the viper! and it doesn't cost 300,000 EITHER

is the db7 a twin supercharged v8?

no sir the db7 is not the car i am talkin bout!!!

the car i am thinkin bout is not sleek, aerodynamic or streamline.... its a fiat!

i mean aston martin vantage v8 with 550 hp!!! :D

Back