Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,262 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing the point - it's essentially one race, broken into two halves with a fifteen-minute window between the two so that everyone can refuel and get new tyres so that there is no need for economy racing and tyre mangement late in the race, thereby allowing drivers to race all the way to the chequered flag.

Right now, you're trying to prove that because VESA has decided to take Option A instead of Option B, the format is faulty - but you've made it pretty clear that if they took Option A and Option B, the format would be just as problematic.
 
You're missing the point - it's essentially one race, broken into two halves with a fifteen-minute window between the two so that everyone can refuel and get new tyres so that there is no need for economy racing and tyre mangement late in the race, thereby allowing drivers to race all the way to the chequered flag.

Which is stupid IMO. Im just glad theres not many of them
 
Casey Stoner test's Jaime Whincup's championship winning Commodore at Queensland Raceway today.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/12/11/casey-stoner-undertaking-dunlop-series-test-at-qr/
Casey Stoner is driving a Triple Eight Race Engineering Holden Commodore at Queensland Raceway today as he edges closer to a decision on his future in V8 Supercars.
The two-time MotoGP champion is being looked after at the test by Triple Eight’s Dunlop Series crew, under the guidance of the squad’s V8 Supercars Championship driver Craig Lowndes and team manager Adrian Burgess.
Stoner is driving Jamie Whincup’s two-time championship car, engineered by John Russell, and running on batches of old Dunlop tyres.
While a Dunlop Series program with the champion team is becoming increasingly likely, team manager Burgess says that today’s test and evaluation is an opportunity to undertake a proper track test for the first time.
 
Pukekohe track update:

 
"For fans, the most exciting change comes from the three new corners at the end of the back straight."

No, that's not exciting. It just butchers the circuit for no reason at all.
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I guess my new favorite driver is going to be Frosty then.... haha
 
More surprised to see in that article that Percat is being linked to the second seat at Tekno. Really thought he was being groomed to take over from Ingall when he retires at the end of 2013.
It's been speculated that Percat would join Tekno for a season, then switch to Walkinshaw once Ingall walks away from the sport.

EDIT: Elsehwere, Cameron McConville snapped this (partial) picture of an FPR Falcon in Pepsi Max trim being driven down a highway:

A-l6E6bCEAE2ALD.jpg:large


Though it's possible that thsi is just a show car and not the actual livery.
 
Last edited:
It's definitely a show car, no center lock wheels. Livery might be same though.

And I'm really sad to see Murph go.

At the ST500 he was doing really well In a sub-par car forging his way up.

Till he got crashed into/mechanical failure...
 
It's been speculated that Percat would join Tekno for a season, then switch to Walkinshaw once Ingall walks away from the sport.

May be only be speculation but I hope it's true. I'd hate to see the Walkinshaw stable lose out on another talented young guy, just like they did with David Reynolds after they inexplicably dumped from his full time gig at the end of '09.
 
Last edited:
FPR's 2013 livery might have been leaked by way of a promotion run by Pepsi and Woolworths:

fpr2013b-99239.jpg


Sorry for the low-quality image. I picked it up on another forum and it's the best they could do.
 
Going to miss the blue/yellow/orange that's for sure.
 
R1600Turbo
Going to miss the blue/yellow/orange that's for sure.

It looked better that's for sure. I'm not digging the new look at all.
 
That green bonnet is meh.
And it looks just ok while the 11/12 liveries looked fantastic.
 
I don't mind it so much, in my eyes it's a big improvement over some of the Pepsi livery's from the past year or two. The green bonnet does look totally out of place though.
 
I like it, but the green bonnet looks a bit :yuck:.
 
I know this isn't actual V8 news but Shane is going to be drifting instead since leaving this year.
 
Lots of interesting things happening. COTF is either going to save or kill the sport but I think the change is definitely timely.
 
phil bell
Lots of interesting things happening. COTF is either going to save or kill the sport but I think the change is definitely timely.

It might hurt at home with the diehard Holden vs Ford fans, but I bet it grows internationally to make up for that.
 
That whole trip was a waste of time from all the cost to basically a qualifying race is all that was.
 
^Exactly. 👍

I vote for Sydney Motorsport Park Eastern Creek to take it's place.
 
I vote back Hamilton. Yes because I live in Hamilton and I'm biased... hahaha
 
I vote Waktins Glen or Virginia International Raceway which are far fetched.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back