Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,141 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slade looking good this weekend. Maybe he could put a stop to the Team Vodafone domination?

And in case you missed it :lol:

Pretty stupid of the Medical Car driver; firstly trying to pass on the left and then braking, and then gunning it trying to squeeze the the ever closing gap.

R1600Turbo
Yeah they're talking expensive damage on the Panamera.

Apart from body damage and checking the left suspension for impact damage, it's not that much - not like it was written off or anything.
 
Around AU$500-600k per car I believe.
Just what I thought.

Apart from body damage and checking the left suspension for impact damage, it's not that much - not like it was written off or anything.
I know. I was just talking about how the announcers were saying it would be expensive. But as pointed out above, the racecar costs more...

---------------------------

Anywho, wonder if they are going to stream the race again tonight. If so, I hope their internet is a bit stronger today.
 
I'm amazed as to how fast these cars are, in terms of aero they're relatively crude but they look like they're fairly nimble at high speed still.
 
Booo, the one race of the year where HRT actually look good and then Tander's car has issues. :grumpy:
 
The amount of ads on the channel 7 broadcast is amazing. I think I have seen more ads than racing! :p
 
The amount of ads on the channel 7 broadcast is amazing. I think I have seen more ads than racing! :p

I like it as it means I can turn up the volume for the in car they have on the stream during the adverts :drool:
 
The amount of ads on the channel 7 broadcast is amazing. I think I have seen more ads than racing! :p

Ah YouTube stream = no ads. :sly:

Anyway, did Skaife let slip another manufacturer coming into the sport in this video, or am I just hearing things? (@ 2:20)

 
Uh oh Skaifey :lol:

Hyundai Genesis, heard it here first fellas!
 
Anyway, did Skaife let slip another manufacturer coming into the sport in this video, or am I just hearing things?
I'd say you're reading too much into it.
 
To make the point that the category cannot ignore the influence of other car manufacturers on the Australian automotive market. You'll notice he said "Japanese, Korean and European car makers", not "Japanese, Korean and German car makers".
 
I wouldn't read too much into his comment.

They had the new Altima out on track today, it looked pretty good. I am looking forward to seeing the E Class too; its just a pity those brands are unlikely to see much success given the mediocre drivers that they have.

I would have loved to see 888 going with a new brand, as they did with the BTCC this year when they brought MG into title contention.
 
Team Vodafone 2012:

Drivers Championship
Teams Championship
1-2 in the points
Sandown 500
Bathurst 1000

Great year for us!
 
Live video > Twitter...thing.

Audio is cutting out now.



That was awesome!

Just watched the boot change, and man they need to practice that as those wiseguys said. :lol:

Waiting for race 2 to upload via my download site, really cool what Whincup did for Lowndes and it was a like a battle ground out there.
Slade looking good this weekend. Maybe he could put a stop to the Team Vodafone domination?

And in case you missed it :lol:


Well it's a Panemera, it's never going to look any nicer. :p
Shoulda used a FPV or HSV.

By the way what do you guys think of D'Alberto? Was really sore of him imo, just poor.
 
The amount of ads on the channel 7 broadcast is amazing. I think I have seen more ads than racing! :p

No kidding. Neil Crompton claimed towards the end of Saturday's race that they were going to run ad free to the finish. Only for an ad break to appear a few minutes later. :lol:
 
 
Here's another video with exterior views to go with the one posted above.

 
http://www.fpr.com.au/2012/12/04/fpr-reaches-agreement-with-pepsico/

Ford Performance Racing has concluded an agreement with PepsiCo Australia and New Zealand for the company’s Pepsi Max brand to be the factory Ford team’s sole naming-rights partner for the next three years commencing in 2013.

The deal will see the factory Falcons of Mark Winterbottom and Will Davison become the Pepsi Max Crew FPR Fords...
 
I just saw that! I wonder if they will have some interest liveries?
 
Last edited:
The 2013 season should be great, really looking forward to it. I can't wait to see what the Mercedes looks like too..
 
I'm going to the race in Austin even if I have to hitch hike and sleep outside. :lol:
 
R1600Turbo
I'm going to the race in Austin even if I have to hitch hike and sleep outside. :lol:

Well I will tell you this, If you need a ride while there you can ride with me. Hotel is last thing to book right now considering I have no clue who is going with me (dad has mentioned interest as I have 2 tickets for bday present).
 
Well I guess Eddie (Wardez) wants to rent a car and drive there. He did that for the F1 race and shared costs with his dad. Since he's in Vegas he can swing by and pick me up, so we've been talking about that. I'm sure we'll finalize it more when it starts to get closer.
 
R1600Turbo
Well I guess Eddie (Wardez) wants to rent a car and drive there. He did that for the F1 race and shared costs with his dad. Since he's in Vegas he can swing by and pick me up, so we've been talking about that. I'm sure we'll finalize it more when it starts to get closer.

Not a bad deal, it was cheaper for me to fly and a lot faster.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back