Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,258 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tekno aren't saying that though :lol: they haven't confirmed it.
 
SBR is already located on the GC, I thought Tekno was based in Sydney, But then again being based in the GC seems to be almost a winning approach seeing as triple 8 and DJR are based there,
 
There were two, actually, run as the Molson Indy Vancouver from 1990 to 2004:

I'm refering to the second one.

Canberra was a wide open street course, until they moved it, even still the layout they used would have been good if they altered it ever so slightly,

What? The Canberra race was only ever held on one circuit:

No changes were ever made to its layout.

There were multiple street circuits in Canberra, however the other one is now suburbs. It was very fast for the bikes, never used for cars.:sly:

:lol: Mosport, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve AND Mont Tremblant. And Circuit du Trois Rivières GP, while we're at it.

P.S., I really love Canberra, and hope Aussies bring it back, since I'm only dreaming of an Aussie V8s visit to North America; Austin Texas is too weird to be North American.

Never seen Trois Rivieres before so I'll take your word for it.

In other news MP's will be deciding the fate of the Surfers Paradise street circuit over the next couple of days.:nervous:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/01/22/gold-coast-mps-discuss-future-of-surfers-street-race/

And a new road circuit is proposed for the Gold Coast. Unfortunatly a certain German circuit designer is said to be involved.:scared:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/01/12/bold-plans-for-2-5-billion-motorsport-precinct-on-gold-coast/

PS. I also didn't mind Canberra.:)
 
There were multiple street circuits in Canberra, however the other one is now suburbs. It was very fast for the bikes,

And a new road circuit is proposed for the Gold Coast. Unfortunatly a certain German circuit designer is said to be involved.:scared:

The original proposal for the Circuit was a lot straighter and I believe longer, then shortened to what was lately made,

What's the anti terrorism hot line again, AUSTRALIA SAYS NO! :lol:

He was also planning to ruin Bathurst! by making it go right at Reid park and have a hairpin in the camp ground, or have it shortened! who the 🤬 does this 🤬 think he 🤬 is? 🤬
 
I'm sensing there is an Alien amongst us potentially plotting an act that may harm and offend us :lol:
 
Saw that article this morning, cant imagine Shane driving anything other than a Ford.
 
I can't see Shane wasting his proven skills at a new team, hopefully DJR snaps him up,

also Phil, Check out the new pepsi max crew
 
I actually wish DJR had him too, is there a vacant seat there?
 
Just checking now, also check the last post,
 
At this point the #12 car is still avaliable
 
well, The DJR website is pretty closed off, I dare say there could be a spot there for him, Who is driving the #18?
 
Charlie Schwerkolt has taken that REC to FPR.
 
DJR have only one REC but Triple F are running a sister car.
 
Well, everyone is rumouring SVG to Tekno, I really don't see the link, yes he has a sponsor to take with him but the team would need to pay him, and I don't see them affording him, after a brief look at the V8SC site, I noticed a Potential Red Bull Racing Australia, if they are starting from scratch this could be the perfect fit for SVG, specially if its directly linked to the F1 team, potentially using V8's as a Red Bull Driver stepping stone, ie: Mark Webber retirement plan, another big face of Red Bull would be that little kid who can ride a bike really fast,
 
Its a hell of a lot better then any of the Murph's schemes, I seen a poster today at the local woolworth's, Next time I'm in I will post a picture on this thread,
 
Should have guessed that, probably end up buying out triple 8, seeing as Vodafone left last year,
 
Wow that video is strangely funny, but I think its things like this that cost Mclaren a title shot last year with the "tooned" episodes, driver's losing focus and things, hope they mak e more video's :lol: Is this video suggesting Warren Luff as a 3rd driver?
 
I think it means that they've already signed him for the enduros.
 
Why? there are 50 driver's out there more deserving, more professional and faster then he is, Like,

Marcus Zuchanovic,
Craig Dontas,
Cameron Mclean,
Steven Ellery,
Paul Wills,
Jason Bargwanna,
Greg Murphy,
Dean Canto,
 
Is this video suggesting Warren Luff as a 3rd driver?

You do realise Luff already co drove with Lowndes in the both the enduro's last year? I mean, hell, they won Sandown and finished 3rd at Bathurst. :lol:
 
9974DE07-19B6-4B79-B0A1-B5C519CCD6D1-340-0000003940A13C00.jpg
 
The Jeld Wen cars look better now than when they sponsered James Courtney
 
^ That was my first thought too. I like it. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back