Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,521 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser image of team uniforms posted on Facebook suggests it will have quite a bit of white in it:

487685_10151296201948652_369459210_n.jpg


I'm guessing they might do something that is a throwback to the liveries they used when Skaife was racing for them.
 
And here it is:

130211-D3-0181.jpg


Vomit, vomit, vomit. It's like a bad photocopy of an old photocopy, with the contrast turned right up so you can see everything, but it all smudges together a little.
 
Yeah, I quite like it too. The black on their stands out a little too much but other than that it's pretty nice. It's good to see the return of the HRT logo on the bonnet too, I wasn't a fan of the Rockstar logo taking up that space for the last couple of seasons.
 
I think it's one of those livery's that you love or hate. I personally LOVE it. :D
 
It looks margianlly better from the top with the red roof, but I still maintain my initial reaction in that it looks like a bad photocopy with the contrast turned up.
 
Love it too, simple and clean looking!

Exactly my thoughts. 👍 Great to see the Holden logo back on the bonnet too.
 
Reminds me of the 08' livery, mashed with the 12' lion on the side. Too many colors for me. But Im thankful to see the VF racers look alot nicer than the street car.
 
I love it too, really works with the shape of the car, the recent HRT cars haven't had enough white in my opinion.
 
I think the main problems are the excessive and unnecessary use of gold around the lion-and-helmet, and that black zigzag that starts over the Coates Hire logo and cuts back to under the window.
 
Beautiful! Every car so far has been beautiful!

Hopefully the others can keep the standard up :)
 
Looks like Holden need to order more red paint after selling it all to BJR and GRM, seem's they only had some dribbles left over for HRT,
 
I wasn't too sure about it from the first image, but I think it looks great now that I've seen it from a few different angles. I love that rear wing, too. Makes the whole back-end of the car look a lot sleeker than the VE's.
 
Red Bull Racing have just released the livery of their car on facebook :D:lol:

64795_555207184497057_1244875928_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
Not a fan of the spoilers. Paint jobs are too I don't know... "linear" with the straight lines.
 
Yeah not a fan of the 'arrow' thing on the sides of the Norton car. Makes it look like they had all that open space and just threw them on there to mix it up a little. A brighter yellow would have been better too, although it might just be those photos.

Edit: Official site is up, although a bit slow. (overload?)

http://www.nissanmotorsport.com.au/

This makes it look better.

sidegraphic.png
 
The Nissans do look sweet. Just can't wait for the E63s and to see them at Albert Park!!!
 
I don't like the Jack Daniel's designs. They're just too similar to what the team has been using for years now, and this was their chance to finally do something different. The red-and-black NISSAN livery that the car launched with was much better.

I do quite like the Norton designs, though. They're not as bold as last year's, but in some ways, that's a good thing.
 
The Jack Daniels livery isn't too bad, but the white on the front guards does look completely out of place.

The Norton livery is fantastic though, I love it. 👍
 
Last edited:
I agree with prisonermonkeys... The Jack Daniels car was a wasted opportunity. It looks equally as bad as last years car (complete overkill).

The norton car however is the prettiest V8 supercar I've seen in recent memory. 👍
 
Hmmm, I'm not too fond of the liveries on the Nissans, probably will look better on track though.
 
I agree with prisonermonkeys... The Jack Daniels car was a wasted opportunity.
And I have to laugh at the Kellys' ridiculous facial expressions in that photo. Rick looks like he's just been told off by his teacher, whilst Todd looks constipated. And they look like that in every single photo released (particularly the last two).

Meanwhile, Moffat and Caruso don't look too good on the Nissan Motorsport website - Moffat looks like a serial killer, and Caruso appears to have lost a fight with a hair dryer.
 
I saw James Moffat in person at last years Muscle Car Masters, so I can confirm that he does indeed look like a serial killer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back