Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,550 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they even use Amaroo park as a racing circuit any more?
Amaroo Park is now a housing estate. There's nothing left of the circuit itself, unfortunately.
 
I figured as much, shame the same came of Oran park, We are losing some great race tracks, There was another track in Queenlands mountain's we also lost, never hosted much more then a few production car races but it was still a magnificent circuit, Jack Brabham called it the mini Bathurst/ Nurburgring,
 
Amaroo Park is now a housing estate. There's nothing left of the circuit itself, unfortunately.

Huh, so that's where they got that incredibly daft idea of turning Oran Park into a housing estate...
Shame.
 
The same may happen to Adelaide International Raceway, God knows why they don't invest the Clipsal money into that circuit, I could re design it to make it so much better, It wouldn't be a Herman Tilke Boringring,
 
I thought there were plans to give AIR a slight redesign and new facilities? It would be nice, anyhow. We need a permanent circuit closer to the CBD.
 
I know it is another few weeks away but really looking forward now to Round 1 and my first proper Aussie V8 race now teams are really beginning to unveil their cars to go with the drivers.

I have decided to put allegiances to Nissan Motorsport/Kelly Racing supporting both Jack Daniels Racing and Norton 360 Racing. Don't know why but I just think it is both important and nice to back any new team.

My prediction as a total newbie is that whilst I reckon Holden Racing Team will take the majority of the races and could once again win the title, I hope FPR will run them a lot closer this year with Mark and Will. But also the Kelly's could shock.
 
But also the Kelly's could shock.

While I hope you are right, seeing how Erebus Motorsport dominated the Bathurst 12 Hour the other day in their SLS's, I expect them to be a major player this year too.
 
I thought there were plans to give AIR a slight redesign and new facilities? It would be nice, anyhow. We need a permanent circuit closer to the CBD.

Indeed, but I don't see that happening, knowing our state government.. :indiff:
 
I thought there were plans to give AIR a slight redesign and new facilities? It would be nice, anyhow. We need a permanent circuit closer to the CBD.

For the las 20 year's there has been talk of a redesign, I have done several hours testing there and Mallala, Honestly now with Elizabeth, Virginia, Salisbury and Mawson lakes growing there nearly is no way they could build it closer, But for as long as Bob jane owns it there will be no redesign, the whole northern end of the circuit needs to be resurfaced,


I know it is another few weeks away but really looking forward now to Round 1 and my first proper Aussie V8 race now teams are really beginning to unveil their cars to go with the drivers.

I have decided to put allegiances to Nissan Motorsport/Kelly Racing supporting both Jack Daniels Racing and Norton 360 Racing. Don't know why but I just think it is both important and nice to back any new team.

My prediction as a total newbie is that whilst I reckon Holden Racing Team will take the majority of the races and could once again win the title, I hope FPR will run them a lot closer this year with Mark and Will. But also the Kelly's could shock.

FPR somehow seem to struggle with new changes, nearly took them 2 years to make the soft tires work well,

While I hope you are right, seeing how Erebus Motorsport dominated the Bathurst 12 Hour the other day in their SLS's, I expect them to be a major player this year too.

That 12 hour was great, but yeah the Erebus team were the class of the field,
 
Amaroo Park is now a housing estate. There's nothing left of the circuit itself, unfortunately.
That's what I meant by rebuilding it from the ground up. And at the same time, re-scaling it to a proper length.
 
Anyone know what time the Supercheap Auto car is to be shown today?
 
That 12 hour was great, but yeah the Erebus team were the class of the field,

In fairness though, they did have the best drivers in the field and I'd assume the most money as well.
Being part of the Mercedes customer racing programme does have its advantages.

I'd say Triple 8 will grasp the new car the quickest. Erebus/SBR have money, but that Mercedes hasn't been long in development from what we know (although, SBR were testing with a Falcon bodyshell).

Nissan could be interesting, but it wouldn't surprise me if they left us underwhelmed. No doubt Nissan would be putting a lot of money into the team, so hopefully it performs like so.
 
It would appear that Red Bull's backing of Triple Eight has produced some unusual side-effects:



Significantly, you can see the Red Bull livery in the background, which I have posted here if you would prefer to spare yourself the awkwardness that is the Harlem Shake:

rbr2013.png
 
just about to post that as well, the livery doesn't look to bad

going back a few days and the test livery for HRT was better with the matte black with the gold
 
Yes, their test chssis had the black and gold design. Which makes the red, white, black and gold a real step down.
Anyone know what time the Supercheap Auto car is to be shown today?
I've been told 2:30pm local time - so just over 90 minutes from now.
 
Why do I have a feeling that was Lowndes' idea.. :lol:
 
Mac K
Why do I have a feeling that was Lowndes' idea.. :lol:

Who else would have the balls to actually make it an idea and not be laughed at? He scares the crap out of me for some reason based on looks.
 
It's been 2 hours, still nothing? Haven't seen anything posted anywhere.
Apparently the launch has changed. SCAR Twitter account now says 4pm.

In the meantime, I've been doing some digging around, and I've found that - at least for now - the Texas 400 will use the full version of the Circuit of the Americas.

I'm also hoping that the Dunlop Series gets more coverage this year - Stoner's presence on the grid shouldn't make it too difficult to justify - because the grid is actually looking pretty good, and (almost) all of the teams are using the 2012 V8 Supercars, so we should see some real talent emerging.
 
Last edited:
Possibly the first picture of the SCAR car:

russell2013.png
 
Ingall-344x228.png


Well...honestly I think it looks great!
 
Yep. Some good looking cars so far this year. Got me even more pumped to get the racing started!
 
Personally, I think it's one of the best livery's so far. 👍
 
So both Triple 8 Red Bull and Erebus are due to be unveiled tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken. Anyone know what times?
 
Another view from the back.
BC9oFOkCMAEFQ_f.jpg
 
So both Triple 8 Red Bull and Erebus are due to be unveiled tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken. Anyone know what times?

I don't, but tomorrow will be awesome! :drool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back