Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,551 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skip to 4:25
That was just cringe-worthy. Of all the ways they could have launched the car, getting the guy who used to do the voice-over for "The Price Is Right" to play a pretend game show in front of a warehouse full of bored Supercheap Auto employees has to be the worst way to do it.

If a scripted launch was so necessary, then Supercheap's current ad campaign revolves around the way their staff can fit anything and everything that they sell to your car. You'd think this would present a golden opportunity a to make a short film where Ingall buys everything he needs for his car in a Supercheap store, then asks for the staff to fit it.

At the very least, the car deserved more. It looks very good - certainly better than the Jack Daniel's and HRT liveries. It's about on-par with the Norton design, not quite as good as the Jeld-Wen Falcon. I haven't decided where the Pepsi Max cars fall in all this; I think I need to see them in action.
 
That Supercheap car is sexy!! Looks similar to Murphs 2005 car which is a good thing. Dam that VF is sexy too!
 
That Supercheap car is sexy!! Looks similar to Murphs 2005 car which is a good thing. Dam that VF is sexy too!
That livery of 2005 was one of my favorites of all time. To me it looked sexiest when trundling down pitlane at Bathurst. Looking at it through Fly cam
 
Supercheap's reminds me of the Sahlen's teams new livery that races in Grand-Am over here, looks nice 👍
 
Fist pictures of the Red Bull Commodore:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/14/first-pics-red-bull-racing-australia-launches-v8-livery/

Screen-Shot-2013-02-14-at-10.25.03-AM-344x220.png
 
Bigger images:

427198_556452171039225_1768546693_n.jpg


535884_556452157705893_919668958_n.jpg


I bet Holden are really happy with the blue colouring ...

I also found these two images of the LDM cars that Paul Morris uploaded onto Facebook:

404935_563138590363203_203067198_n.jpg


555885_563138557029873_1434462754_n.jpg


Based on that, I wouldn't be too surprised if we got a full Hog's Breath-themed livery for Pye's car/
 
"First pics." (aka one really small one) :crazy:

Edit: Tree'd. :lol:
 
Well looks like Pepsi Max is my favorite this year, RedBull really failed with theirs I think. I would love to see a Hogs Breath livery, something about their logo is almost worth being tattooed on me (yes I have a thing for motorsports logos and tattoos).
 
prisonermonkeys
Um, Hog's Breath Cafe is a steakhouse.

If your referring to me, I know that. I still like their logo that was used on sprint car drivers helmet.
 
Anyone know the reveal time for Erebus? Figuring it'll be pretty late here.
 
Erebus is all I'm waiting for. Just picked up my MELBOURNE GP tickets from the Post and can't wait to see the cars in person. I want to drive to Sydney to see the cars but, it ain't gonna happen this weekend.
 
:meh: The Bull livery looks pretty much like I imagined it would. Nothing terribly exciting about it.
 
Meanwhile, Greg Murphy is looking to put together a wildcard entry for Pukekohe:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/14/murphy-chases-wildcard-entry-for-pukekohe-supercars/

Also, I just found out that Betty - Kilmenko, who owns Erebus; she's already become something of a legend with fans, who refer to ber by her first name - has said that the Erebus launch will be at 8:30pm AEDT. So about five hours from now. In the meantime, here is what I am told is a teaser of the SP Tools E63:

35214435353523824952036.jpg


Strangely, there have been no teaser images of the IRWIN Tools or Heavy Haulage Australia (who replace Lucky 7 at James Rosenberg Racing) liveies.
 
Last edited:
2am? Yeah I think I'll just see them in the morning. :lol:
 
Bigger images:


555885_563138557029873_1434462754_n.jpg


Based on that, I wouldn't be too surprised if we got a full Hog's Breath-themed livery for Pye's car/
Off topic, but looking at that side profile I wonder if the VE doors are the exact same as the VF.
I still cant get over how they had an chance to re-design the sides but didn't, so imo it looks like a VE with new front and rear ends.
It may seem biased because I have a VE as my display picture, but I really expected more from the design team.
 
I believe that most of the body changes to the VE are limited to the front and rear of the car. The doors are unchanged.

Meanwhile, Triple Eight is off to join the mothership. And I think their car looks very NASCAR from the front on.
 
nope, your right too, the VE and VF door's are exactly the same, and yes the front and rear are the only changes, all parts are interchangeable,
 
Speedcafe have seemingly confirmed Dean Fiore to drive car #88 for Lucas Dumbrell this year. It hasn't been formally announced by the team, but they were right about Michael Caruso and James Moffat moving to Nissan.

If so, I'm disappointed. Fiore has never really amounted to much, and so stepping into car #88 will be a huge task.
 
Off topic, but looking at that side profile I wonder if the VE doors are the exact same as the VF.
I still cant get over how they had an chance to re-design the sides but didn't, so imo it looks like a VE with new front and rear ends.
It may seem biased because I have a VE as my display picture, but I really expected more from the design team.

Before the GFC, the VF was supposed to be a much different car, potentially using a new platform. Apparently the new engine and interior tech featured on the VEII were going to be implemented with it.
But, due to money woes and GM no longer seeing it as a long-term prospect, they're going to kill it in favour of an Impala probably.
 
Speedcafe have seemingly confirmed Dean Fiore to drive car #88 for Lucas Dumbrell this year. It hasn't been formally announced by the team, but they were right about Michael Caruso and James Moffat moving to Nissan.

If so, I'm disappointed. Fiore has never really amounted to much, and so stepping into car #88 will be a huge task.

He's had 2 year's in some low budget teams, look at the turn around for Dave Reynolds, spent a year in a Bundy car being a mobile chicane, then a year with Kelly racing in the Stratco car getting him in the shootout for Bathurst,
Then sign's to FPR after Kelly racing got jealous of his results, and nearly always made the top 10 and nearly won Bathurst,

Don't be so hard on Dean, these cars are incredibly hard to drive, I spend 3 days in a test trying to find 7 tenths at Philip Island for a V8 super tourer's event that I didn't end up racing in, be it that was in an AU Falcon but they were so damn difficult to drive, hopefully Dean who does have the skill gets the support he needs to generate some results,
 
To hear Dave Reynolds tell it, he was seriously mis-treated by the Kellys, who he suggests started out grooming him as one of the next big Holden stars, but ended up trying to control his career and refusing to let them compete with him. He got out because they wanted to succeed, but only on their terms - he had to surrender to them first, let them have all the resources they wanted to prove that he was a "team player", and then let them give him what they thought he needed when they thought he needed it.
 
Lets not forget Dean also ran his own team couple of years back. I think with a right package he could nudge the top 10 and I'm willing to wager he will with LDM.

We shall see I guess.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back