Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,799 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, they need to hire someone else to do their car renders for the starting grid graphics. They're horrible. :lol:

They are. :lol:

Edit: Not working at all now... :(

Pity. :( Though aside from Todd Kelly's Altima deciding it wants to be a six cylinder. You haven't missed anything.

Edit: Scott Pye's Commodore into the wall.......Hard.
 
Good to hear. I keep hitting refresh, getting nothing.

I know sometimes it could just be a local internet problem and not of their doing, so I hope this doesn't happen every weekend. At least I'll be able to see the Austin race with no interruptions.
 
Pye has had a big one - speared off straight at turn 1/2 and almost rolled it on impact....safety car probably for a good few laps. He looks a bit shaken getting out...

edit - ouch, looks like brake failure at the end of the pit straight, went through the gravel at turn 2 and hit the tyres head on hard. Car almost stood on its nose.
 
Glad that Scott's okay. Man, that was a big hit. :scared:
 
Yeah, that was a big crash. Glad that Pye is okay.
 
Oh wow, puncture for Frosty in the 2nd last corner on the last lap - :scared:. Managed to make the line though before it shreds the body work....
 
That puncture came at just the right time. Another lap to go and he would have been in big trouble. :scared:
 
Good race. Next week is gonna be crazy! Now, Frosty need to race like he does at Surfers. Erebus did good.

Hey, HRT did good.
 
That puncture came at just the right time. Another lap to go and he would have been in big trouble. :scared:

I wish there was another lap to go. :p

Another great win for BJR and a podium for HRT. Colour me happy.
Hey, HRT did good.

For a change. :lol:
 
That was some great edge of the seat racing today, and I can't say I'm unhappy with the Holden dominance and different teams winning for a change.:D
 
Somehow the Merc's jumped the Nissan's for this weekend. Can't wait for all of them to get on pace so we can get some Nissan and Mercedes victories...
 
Fo' sho! NISMO were up at the AGP. They(NISMO) will sort it quickly. Ross Stone said wait til Perth for an engine upgrade. I can't wait.
 
Erebus need to get rid of Engel. The guy looks completely out of his depth. Is is he a "pay" driver?
 
That puncture came at just the right time. Half a lap to go and he would have been in big trouble. :scared:

Fixed for you.

Overall I thought that the racing was very good and with the increased variety of cars running at the front it appears that the rule changes have had a positive effect on the series.👍

Regarding Engel it needs to be remembered that people were saying the same about Premat last year. Every international driver needs time to adapt.
 
Regarding Engel it needs to be remembered that people were saying the same about Premat last year. Every international driver needs time to adapt.

True, but Premat had some credentials before coming in - he pretty much owned in A1GP from what I can remember and is a class winner in Le Mans....

Incidentally, Pye's crash:

 
He didn't seem to be going that fast when he left the track.

And I had to stifle a laugh when I saw Todd Kelly's car parked in exactly the same spot as it was yesterday ...
 
He didn't seem to be going that fast when he left the track.

We obviously have different ideas of what constitutes 'fast' in this context then.
 
Engel is mates with Premat. I believe he came from DTM and raced the SLS. I talked with Betty at the AGP and she said he just needs to put the whole race together. She said he is faster than Lee and Tim over a lap. I trust he'll get there. Earning his lumps right now as did Premat.

Some background on Engel if anyone is interested: http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/13/qa-german-v8-supercar-rookie-maro-engel/
 
Last edited:
That was a hard crash. I was worried after the accident happen live and just silence... great to hear his voice and that he was okay. A testament to the cars!

Welldone BJR, dominated the whole round :)
 
True, but Premat had some credentials before coming in - he pretty much owned in A1GP from what I can remember and is a class winner in Le Mans....

Incidentally, Pye's crash:



My favorite part is that those people on the fence didn't flinch, Yet one guy 6 rows back poo's and runs!!! :lol:

This new car really holds up well in the impact's, Glad to see that the structure around the driver is still intact and apparently easily fixable, The old car would have been destroyed,
 
Steve Owen joins Will Davison for Enduros
Former Bathurst 1000 podium finisher Steve Owen will join Ford Performance Racing for this year’s V8 Supercars endurance races, driving alongside Will Davison.
The 38-year-old, who was left on the sidelines this season following the downsizing of Dick Johnson Racing, has signed a two-year enduro deal with the team.
The squad’s endurance line-up is now complete with Steven Richards, Dean Canto and Chaz Mostert already under contract.
Although other pairings are yet to be confirmed, it is expected that Richards and Canto will return alongside previous partners Mark Winterbottom and David Reynolds respectively, leaving Mostert with the team’s new-for-2013 recruit, Alex Davison.
 
Well that's going to set back Chaz Mostert, Whom I feel ws good enough to go to an A-seat for the endurance rounds last year,
 
I had a chance to meet JR at the same year at the AGP and on Fathers Day before he set out in the 962. Always smiling. Way too young, man.
 
Yes extremely tragic, I met him a few times during the team Dynamic days, etremely nice gentleman, I don't think that smile would go away if he caught you in bed with his wife :lol:
 
Yeah i had a look at some of the interviews and like Lowndes no matter how bad it was never stopped smiling. He has had some great stories like when he had cancer he made the joke that he was fast in certain corners and too slow in others as when he turned one way it put pressure on his tumor which caused him pain.

Also when he proposed to his wife he did it on skyline at bathurst but before he could he got chased away by officials and had to do it on conrod instead






And i still maintain this is the biggest crash ive ever seen


And always willing to give it a red hot go



All the way to the last 8 weeks of his life


This sticker will not leave any car that i'm involved in within motorsport
8634716404_45a0da1e1e_z.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back