- 22,551

- Arizona
- HamiltonMP427
Where would it go?
In terms of population distribution, the eastern coast of Australia is most dense. There's small clusters in Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Tasmania, but all of the major population centres have exposure to the series. Even places like Newcastle do, being no more than an hour and a half away from Eastern Creek. There are a few places west of the Great Dividing Range like Tamworth and Armidale, but they are too small and the surrounding areas too sparsely populated. Likewise the Shoalhaven-Illawarra region and everything from Wollongong to the Victorian border. The only two possible areas are the Mid-North Coast, but the population is typically older and while there are large clusters in Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay, they are really spread out. The other would be Albury-Wodonga on the Victorian border, but it faces similar problems to Tamworth, Armidale and the New England region, even if it is home to Brad Jones Racing.
And sure, there are other areas of other states, but this money is coming from the New South Wales state government.
The problem is as you said yourself the funding that they were given by the Gov't isn't enough and hardly scratches the surface for one. And that is with facilities already in place that they wouldn't need money to put in if from scratch.
I'm not savvy in all that is Australia, as you know I don't live there and you rattling off different areas isn't really going to help. However, I can base it on how things are done in other regions that I do know, that are potentially just as populated. And the problem I see with your analysis is that rather than expand playing the safest route is probably best, but then why? IF there are potential markets out there in NZ and Australia they should be used to have permanent venues or refresh no longer used venues. I just think the idea like the Indy 500/Indy GP is like double dipping from the pot as if people are going to pay double to see both. It might work but I don't think it will, but we'll see.