Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,820 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's hardly a GUARANTEE. Sure, they're big NAMES, but companies will only sponsor team if IT makes financial SENSE.
 
And if half the fan base is being cut off by the Foxtel deal (yeah, yeah, I know we'll still get the races on free-to-air), then does it make sense? I'm sure the bean counters have a better idea about this than me... but I just have this thing against Foxtel.
 
Well, Childress' line of thought is that picking up an entry will open up the Australian and Asian markets, markets that wouldn't normally be available in NASCAR, given the time difference. Plus, it's seen as a niche category in the markets that have traditionally been based on road racing. V8 Supercars might be broadcast on Foxtel in Australia, but not so elsewhere in the region.
 
I figured. They have to. I thought of the F6 running a sub series to V8SC in the main game. We''ve seen the series go from sixes to eights to fours and back to eights. If the racing stays the same, the series will endure.
 
And the BTCC has had plenty of success with it. So long as there is plenty of wheel-to-wheel racing, it should be fine.
 
James Warburton reckons VESA have had a lot of interest, both foreign and domestic, in the three RECs that are up for tender.


Childress doesn't want a Formula 1 team. Gene Haas does. And he has one.


Team owner. He's looking to buy a controlling interest in DJR.
Oh, it was Gene Haas
God dammit
 
If the racing stays the same, the series will endure.

Exactly. 👍 I'm personally not too fussed on what they might run in the future, as long as the racing stays competitive and entertaining. I'll always watch it.
 
Boooooo. Let's take a racing series different from 99% of other racing series and make it the same.

They loose the current configuration, they lose me.
 
Boooooo. Let's take a racing series different from 99% of other racing series and make it the same.

They loose the current configuration, they lose me.

Bye then?
 
Bye then?
If I wanted to watch Sedans with anything other than V8's, I'd watch BTCC.

If I wanted to watch Coupes with V8's I'd watch Trans Am or pretty much any other GT series.

The point is that V8SC has something unique and GOOD right now. No reason to mess with it. Don't fix what isn't broken.
 
If I wanted to watch Sedans with anything other than V8's, I'd watch BTCC.

Cool story

If I wanted to watch Coupes with V8's I'd watch Trans Am or pretty much any other GT series.

Also a cool story.

The point is that V8SC has something unique and GOOD right now. No reason to mess with it. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Yeah, which up to now I thought you recognized. What's unique and good is it isn't artificial in any sort of way. It isn't DRS or G-W-C to manufacture a finish, or bad calls and punishing a GTD car instead of the GTLM, or gimmick tires. What it is is a group that has made an effort to be a real racing series far longer than it's peers and gives us drivers that are always one the edge door to door, creating great quality racing. The same can be done like they did before it V8 Supercars. When it was ATCC and such. I think opening up the playing field having more than just Sedans and more than just V8s is a good thing and with the hard hitting drivers that push each other, even better.

But I just get tired of people that cling to stuff as if it's the end of the world, without any real rational reason.
 
But I just get tired of people that cling to stuff as if it's the end of the world, without any real rational reason.
My rational reason is pretty clear in my last post. I guess you can't read and/or just feel like replying with "cool story". :rolleyes:

I felt like voicing my opinion over the possible changes, if people don't like my opinion they can feel free to voice theirs, and I can feel free to tell you I don't care what you think. I like the series as it is NOW, if they want to make it like every other racing series out there, well then there's no point in me watching.
 
My rational reason is pretty clear in my last post. I guess you can't read and/or just feel like replying with "cool story". :rolleyes:

I can read just fine, you telling me what you would watch instead if V8s made a switch in similarity to those tells me that you either don't think V8s can do a better job, don't care because they already exist in another area, or a combination...

Basically why I put cool story, if you have an issue with that, oh well.

I felt like voicing my opinion over the possible changes, if people don't like my opinion they can feel free to voice theirs, and I can feel free to tell you I don't care what you think. I like the series as it is NOW, if they want to make it like every other racing series out there, well then there's no point in me watching.

That's awesome, and since you don't care and there's not point in you watching. Bye then...I mean I only put a question mark to show we should care why? You told us, good for you, glad you got that out...I hope you find refuge in something else. That is all.
 
I can read just fine, you telling me what you would watch instead if V8s made a switch in similarity to those tells me that you either don't think V8s can do a better job, don't care because they already exist in another area, or a combination...

Basically why I put cool story, if you have an issue with that, oh well.
I'm not saying I would rather watch those series, I'm saying if I wanted to watch something similar I could watch a different series. The point being I would rather watch V8's as they are.

...I mean I only put a question mark to show we should care why?
Apparently you do since you decided to reply, and not only that, but to be an ass about it. This isn't the first time you've come along with an attitude in reply to something I have posted. Maybe do yourself a favor and just put me on your ignore list then I won't have to waste my time with you.
 
I wouldn't say V8 Supercars isn't broken, we lost 3 cars this year. And with barely any V8 sedans selling in Australia, it makes sense for the manufacturers to change the formula. If you want to keep Ford in the fold, something has to change. I love it the way it is, but ultimately the formula probably isn't sustainable in the long term.
 
I'm not saying I would rather watch those series, I'm saying if I wanted to watch something similar I could watch a different series. The point being I would rather watch V8's as they are.

And I say that's great, but the world moves on and things tend to change quite frequently as you are well aware of. Being irritated by it and then basically doing a "rage quit" though seldom isn't going to change it happening. Thus I say bye. If that irritates you I understand, but what more is there to say?

Apparently you do since you decided to reply, and not only that, but to be an ass about it. This isn't the first time you've come along with an attitude in reply to something I have posted. Maybe do yourself a favor and just put me on your ignore list then I won't have to waste my time with you.

I reply to many things not because I care but because it brings me entertainment there is a difference, do I care what you think or why you're upset...no not at all why should I. Do I care if I can divulge a deeper answer out of you to pass the time, and pick a brain...well yes!

I'm always an ass, but I'm an ass with the scope of the AUP. I simply posed a response you replied and thus it went on, it was on topic as well I didn't insult you in any erroneous way, nothing amiss. I'm not upset in any shape or form nor am I ever when I do this.

Why would I put you on ignore just because every once in awhile I want to challenge you and the dozens of others on their stances and logic, and understanding. The issue here is that you take this far more personally than I do. I'm just simply asking a question, or was rather.
 
I'm watching my recording of the Hidden Valley race and the F1 race in Austria. The best thing about this deal going to Ten, will be less ads and more coverage. I even went back to the AGP and there weren't as many ad breaks as on Seven. I hope they keep it this way.
 
Paul Radisich is building up support for a new Kiwi team to be entered in 2015, to be known as "Super Black Racing".
 
T
Paul Radisich is building up support for a new Kiwi team to be entered in 2015, to be known as "Super Black Racing".
Other than it's cultural origin, that's a NISSAN color isn't it? ;)
 
Hey, I'm just going off Speedcafe, which has more details of the project.
 
T

Other than it's cultural origin, that's a NISSAN color isn't it? ;)
Of all the cars, the Nissan is the last one I would buy if I were entering a new team. I'd like to see them get a Volvo or a Merc though. (Doesn't Erebus have a spare lying around?)


Just saw that they're looking to partner with FPR for Bathurst though, so a Ford seems most likely. Still, it will add a little more diversity to a Holden dominated grid.
 
Last edited:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsp...12hour-coincidence-or-not-20140626-zsn3x.html

V8SC are planning on holding a test day next year on the same day as the Bathurst 12hr, thus preventing some if the V8 drivers from participating. :rolleyes:

That's ridiculous
Of all the cars, the Nissan is the last one I would buy if I were entering a new team. I'd like to see them get a Volvo or a Merc though. (Doesn't Erebus have a spare lying around?)


Just saw that they're looking to partner with FPR for Bathurst though, so a Ford seems most likely. Still, it will add a little more diversity to a Holden dominated grid.

Why would that be the last one you buy?
 
That's ridiculous


Why would that be the last one you buy?
It seems to be the weakest package out there, the Holden is clearly very quick (especially with 888 chassis), the Ford has race winning potential, and Volvo and Merc are consistently in the top 10 (And have won races this year). Nissan meanwhile is fighting amongst themselves at the back.
 
It seems to be the weakest package out there, the Holden is clearly very quick (especially with 888 chassis), the Ford has race winning potential, and Volvo and Merc are consistently in the top 10 (And have won races this year). Nissan meanwhile is fighting amongst themselves at the back.

The triple 8 is good because of the money they have and they're more of a Holden Factory team than the actual Holden team. Other than that I wouldn't say anything beyond that. FPR is just as fast as Holden and Volvo is very fast too. Mercedes needs more backing and they'll be up there in the top five or three. Nissan has been in the top ten this year plenty, the problem you are missing that has been discussed here is the people that Nissan went with to run the operation...the Kelly Brothers
 
The triple 8 is good because of the money they have and they're more of a Holden Factory team than the actual Holden team. Other than that I wouldn't say anything beyond that. FPR is just as fast as Holden and Volvo is very fast too. Mercedes needs more backing and they'll be up there in the top five or three. Nissan has been in the top ten this year plenty, the problem you are missing that has been discussed here is the people that Nissan went with to run the operation...the Kelly Brothers

I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't saying that the 888 car is the best and the others suck. There are 2 888 chassis available though, (Tekno, LDM) so it seemed a good example.
Well, if you buy a Nissan it's a Kelly racing car, so that's a problem right there. I doubt a new team would be able to improve upon what the Kelly's have done, they would be looking for a "quick out of the box" package. Also, name one race this season where Nissan have been at the front. The other Marques have all been up there at one point or another. I'll take proven performance any day thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back