Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,314 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this on the V8 supercar website.

v8supercar.com.au
The racing entitlements of both the Holden Racing Team and the Toll HSV Dealer Team remain active following an agreement with the controlling body of the V8 Supercar Championship Series teams TEGA.

All parties met yesterday afternoon and reached an agreed position on the validity of both licences. TEGA was satisfied that operational, ownership and control arrangements put forward by both teams met with the conditions of the Team’s Licence Agreement (TLA), pending the provision of supporting documentation.

This means that all 31 licence holders, in anticipation of the documentation from HRT and Toll HSV, will be on the grid at next week’s Clipsal 500 in Adelaide and in the V8 Supercar Championship Series in 2007.

TEGA is responsible for the licencing of teams that compete in the V8 Supercar Championship Series, along with the rules of the sport, issues of compliance and those affecting the teams.
 
How many races and championships have been won illegally by these two teams?

It's just Walkinshaw up to his usually tricks. The time when he was out of V8s seems long forgotten :guilty: . He's only been back one season and he certainly didn't waste anytime stirring up a storm.
 
HRT has been cleared to race this weekend but have been give more time to sort out the ownership issue or lose points or their licence.

Congratulations to James Courtney on his first V8 Supercar pole position. Jamie Whincup came in second and Garth Tander third.
An interesting point that may affect the racing this year is that cars qualify on their race tyres (nothing new about that) but with the knockout system the drivers who get to the third session will have used a lot more of their tyres than a driver who gets knocked out in the first or second session. The first three qualifiers used their tyres for 20, 25 and 19 laps respectively. Greg Murphy qualified 11th and used his tyres for 16 laps, Mark Skaife qualified 17th (did the ownership thing affect his preparation?) and used his tyres for 12 laps, Cameron McConville qualified 24th and used his tyres for 9 laps and Brad Jones also used his tyres for 9 laps for position 28. So we seem to have some quick drivers at the back of the grid who may have ‘fresher’ tyres at the end of race one and should have a wider choice of tyres for race two. These drivers who qualify at the back might be the hard chargers at the end of this weekend and it may well be an interesting scenario through the whole season.
 
I just got back from the track not long ago. That was a really good race no saftey cars, just clean racing bar a few incidenses. Skaife seemed to be moving well untill that flatspot, lucky for him he just got in the points, hopefully he has the same pace tomorrow. Courtney was also doing a great job, I think we'll really have to watch him this year and most of all congrats to Todd Kelly for bringing the VE for its first win and the first win of the year, a great start for him.
Bring on the next 250km!
 
And Rick Kelly won the Second race on Sunday in another VE Commodore. Was a good race.
 
Skaife Sports met Mondays deadline to produce the correct paperwork to satisfy TEGA that Skaife is in control of the HRT franchise. TEGA is expected to make an announcement on Monday as to whether or not Skaife Sports complies with the Teams Licencing Agreement. As Kelvin O'Reilly, chairman of TEGA says, there is no grey area, they comply and continue racing or they don't comply and are kicked out.
 
Finally this issue has been resolved, now with this out of the way Skaifey can finally get his head back into racing.

Does anyone have tickets to Pukekohe (already got mine all 3 days)
 
I bet Team Dynamik wished TEGA was as leinient with them a few years ago as they have been with HRT and this licencing issue.
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/latestnews/newsdisplay.asp?Ind=&author=&gid=32660416
Skaife Sports and governing body Touring Car Entrants Group Australia (TEGA) have reached agreement in principle to a financial settlement that will see the team have their licences to race reinstated upon signing of a deed of release early next week.
So, Kelvin O'Reilly has been quoted as saying they are either in or out, no grey area. They [HRT] get a fine, which is an admission from TEGA that HRT haven't complied with the rules and still get to race. TEGA are a gutless bunch. Perhaps they should be investigated to see whether they are in control of their own series.
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/latestnews/newsdisplay.asp?Ind=&author=&gid=32660416
TEGA Chairman Kelvin O’Reilly: “Conditional upon TEGA’s approval of certain agreements, TEGA will be satisfied that the Team will be compliant with the relevant provisions of the TLA in the future.
But they can take as long as they like sorting it all out.
 
I just watched the qualifying today, and I have to say I am bitterly disappointed at the job Seven Network has done on the telecast of the V8 Supercars. Both me and my dad feel as though something is missing, it's just not as good as when Ten showed it.
I'm not quite sure why, I just think, no, I know Ten did a much better job of it. I was really looking forward to this being an exciting season, but Seven does take away much of that enjoyment.

Sorry, just had to vent that.
 
Good job to the VE Commodores again 👍

I just watched the qualifying today, and I have to say I am bitterly disappointed at the job Seven Network has done on the telecast of the V8 Supercars. Both me and my dad feel as though something is missing, it's just not as good as when Ten showed it.
I'm not quite sure why, I just think, no, I know Ten did a much better job of it. I was really looking forward to this being an exciting season, but Seven does take away much of that enjoyment.

Sorry, just had to vent that.

I don't know, seems the same to me.
 
Maybe because I'm so used to watching it on Ten, and Ten knew how to do it after how ever many years they've had it.

Also disappointed that the "Tool Holden Cheater Team" won yesterdays race 👎
 
Also disappointed that the "Tool Holden Cheater Team" won yesterdays race 👎
Dude, get over the Phillip Island incident. Craig Lowndes managed to.:rolleyes:

The only thing that made the program kind of boring to me was the race, bar the first few laps. Maybe if the Commentators would speak more it'd be a bit better too.
 
Have to agree with Lewyman.Te 7 telecasts actually bore me to sleep.
Example: Here in NZ the Third race (usually) is broadcast on sunday night at about 11:30pm and I was fully awake and by the end of the 10th lap at adelaide i had fallen asleep, at least this year TVONE is broadcasting qualifing for all rounds
 
times from the first practice of the bathurst 1000
Untitled-25.jpg
 
I'm really looking forward to this years race. Its been a while since there's been so many teams with a good shot of winning. I suspect Toll/HSV will set the pace for much of the weekend but looking forward to seeing some close racing. I hope DJR can stay close to the front too.

Personally I think Winterbottom/Richards could take it out.
 
rick kelly managed a 2:07.0093 in pratice! thats only .2 off the lap record!
 
Good to see that Seton has yet again proved he is faster than half the guys out there. Now if only someone would give him a full time drive I can start watching the series again.
 
I was very impressed with Seton yesterday. Too bad he didn't make it into the top 10, but he's still in a rather good position, just hope he does well in the race.

Now bring on the top 10 shootout!
 
So who else is watching the V8s right now? :D
 
Agh... Slept-in and missed the first 41 laps of Bathurst. Bloody channel 7... I would have remembered if it was still on 10 :lol:

Good race so far though. I love this day of the year :D
Edit: Ooh, nice crash from the Jack Daniels car. glass everywhere 0_o
 
Lol yep. the whole back window got shattered and fell off and broke :odd:
 
That. Was. BRILLIANT. Those last fifteen laps were insane with brilliant drives from everyone in the top five. Final result was Lowndes from Courtney, Johnson and Murphy, but it was right down to the wire. Jamie Whincup must have been counting his blessings when they got that safety car after he messed up his pit entry. The only thing that really muted the experience was the Holden fans cheering at the mistake, though we get to rub it in their faces as Whincup and Lowndes are now ahead of Tander and Kelly (who retired, though for once Kelly blaming the problem on someone or something other than himself was justified) in the championship.

Bring on Indy.
 
Wow! What a race! That was typical, unpredictable Bathurst. Top 4 finishing 1.6seconds apart. Congrats to Lowndes/Whipcup for winning the big one twice in a row for Ford and 888 Race engineering. It was a huge gamble running a new car @ Bathurst yet it was a gamble that paid off. Also congrats to DJR for finally getting a good result. They've been quiet the last....decade, so it was good to see them on the podium and hell, even snatching the lead off Lowndes in the final laps.

Jason Bright ran a fantastic race yet couldn't keep the car on the road in the damp period. Pity because he came out of nowhere to lead by up to 29 seconds at some stages. Also a pity was Kelly/ Tander and their brake issues. They bled their brakes several times in the race yet it failed to fix the issue. On the bleeding of the brakes.....aint you supposed to bleed one line at a time? I noticed that the front brakes were bled at the same time. Rears were a single line so I suspect that's fine. But the fronts. Big no-no IMO.

Speaking of Kelly/ Tander, the championship sure looks different with their DNF's. It's going to be a very tough championship. Carn the Blue Oval! 👍
 
On the bleeding of the brakes.....aint you supposed to bleed one line at a time? I noticed that the front brakes were bled at the same time. Rears were a single line so I suspect that's fine. But the fronts. Big no-no IMO.
Perhaps the fronts and rears have seperate reservoirs.
 
One of the best races in a long time. I wish the rain had come 10 or so laps earlier so more drivers might have changed to wets - that would have shaken things up.

Good to see my man Seton finish well. He dropped from about 7th to finish 11th after the final restart but another solid drive from a semi-old fart.

As for bleeding the brakes: you can do all lines at once, but it takes longer to pump out the air bubbles. You'd only do it like this if you didn't know which line had the air (or they all did).
 
You'd only do it like this if you didn't know which line had the air (or they all did).
And I'd say that's what the team's problem was. But they never quite cracked it; there wa ssomething about the Chase that stumped both Tander and Kelly as they both kept going off.
 
really was a great race.loved watching the cars powersliding out of the corners :D reminded me of this.



i do admit when rick spun off near the start of the race and missed craig i did shout no!!! and did cheer when whincup went off in the pitlane.Bright really was great near the end and was hoping him to have a good result as he does really deserve it.Was great seeing murp trying to chase down those fords at the end though :D

managed to last to the end of the race before i had to go to hospital,was suffering all day with food posioning :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back