Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,387 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
if I were Brock, I'd have been ashamed to say I had ever driven for the marque after that disgusting display of cheating. Rick Kelly was the most undeserving champion in the history of motorsport: not a single round win, but he takes the title after deliberately pushing a rival off. Mark Skaife has had his fair share of incidents, like when he ignored safety precautions that year at the Creek when he stayed within the circuit's bounds to shake his fist at Ingall for an accident that was Skaife's fault. And Tander isn't much better, what with trying to manipulate the outcome of races so his pre-pubescent team-mate could win or whine that his retirement wasn't

Surprisingly enough all those you meantioned involved fords not giving racing room when holdens had overlaps and it was Brock who was ashamed of ford, why else did he remove every single ford badge off his RS500, oh and in case you forgot rick did his penilty, it was lowndes fault for parking his car across the track that took him out of the running.

So what if he didn't win a race he was consistent and that's what matters, would it be fair if someone won 3 races then had dnf's for the rest but because he won the most races he should win the championship?
 
Go ahead, justify it however you want. Just so long as a Holden wins overall, anything's acceptable, right?
 
Go ahead, justify it however you want. Just so long as a Holden wins overall, anything's acceptable, right?

yes I forgot the oval on the ford badge is a halo because they never do anything wrong :rolleyes: .
 
They do less wrong than Holden, and hav to take all the crap for "not being Australia", when the average Holden fan doesn't even realise that not only is the beloved marque owned by the General, but that large parts of their cars are actually built by Ford.
 
Ford > Holden.

Case closed. :lol:

Can we resume discussing the championship battle now? :p
 
Well, Skaife has announced his retirement. His result at Indy must have made up his mind.
 
Well, Skaife has announced his retirement. His result at Indy must have made up his mind.

I guess he has stepped aside from full time driving. He will be back for the enduro's for a few years to come though. Just like Seton, Radisich and others before.
 
So now who will be driving the #2 HRT car next year? With the Kelly Brothers rumoured to be in their own team, could a young charger come from the development series to fill those Skaife sized shoes. If so i think that Steve Owen could be in for a promotion, keeping in mind he has also signed for the HPM NZV8 team over the summer so he will be race fresh
 
I've heard rumours of Will Davison taking Skaife's seat, I'm not sure how accurate that is though. Too bad Lee Holdsworth is under contract, I think he'd make a great addition to the team.
 
I've heard rumours of Will Davison taking Skaife's seat, I'm not sure how accurate that is though. Too bad Lee Holdsworth is under contract, I think he'd make a great addition to the team.

I've also heard many times that Will Davison is likely to drive the second HRT car. I think he is a great driver considering the team he drives for. He always seems to beat Steven Johnson.
 
I heard something about Andrew Jones, but that may have been over something completely different lol

On the whole Ford Vs Holden argument previously. I personally think Ambrose is a w***** and Lowndes isn't all he's cracked up to be. I think Whincup and Frosty are better.

On a slightly humourous note... David Thexton never needed to blatantly cheat when he was driving..... He ruined his own races haha
 
First ever 1 - 2 for Team Vodaphone in Bahrain.

There was some close racing in the pack which was good, but a little boring out front. However the blue oval wins again. :sly:

The way it's going, maybe Ford, will be dissapointed they dropped funding to team vodaphone. It looks like nothing can stop them now, (except for a Holden :sly::))
 
As the latest Australia Auto Action magazine says "it's mine to lose". All Jamie Whincup has to do now is be consistent and he will have the championship. But its easier said than done.
 
a1gp_to_race_alongside_v8s?

I dont know if queensland are doing the right thing here.

IMO, Indy has been going relatively strong these years it's been there. Putting inplace with a starting out series is dangerous for them. Being also A1GP at Eastern Creek Flopped.


Anyways This weekend see's us going to the Apple Isle (Tasmania for those who have no idea what i'm talking about) Great action to be seen going in to Turn 1, 2 and 4 (the Hairpin) I should think we see some damaged panels this weekend.
 
I always wanted to go to Indy, but now that A1GP is there instead of the IRL, I really don't think I want to go. :indiff:
 
A1GP is better than nothing.....
 
A1GP is better than nothing.....

Of course, but if I were to attend the Indy 300, I'd much rather see a top tier motorsport. To me A1GP is like a feeder series, similar to Formula 3, Formula Renault and GP2.
 
I thought this thread was familiar. It seems it wasn't in my subscribed threads and i haven't been here for 2 years. I'm back guys! :)
 
Friday Practice - Ford on top

Friday : Practice
Pos-Car- Driver---------------Fastest Lap Time----Gap
1---5---Mark Winterbottom---00:52.1
2---888-Craig Lowndes-------00:52.2 ------------00:00.1
3---1---Garth Tander--------00:52.2 ------------00:00.1
4---16--Paul Dumbrell--------00:52.3 ------------00:00.2
5---6---Steven Richards-----00:52.4 ------------00:00.2
6---88--Jamie Whincup------00:52.4 ------------00:00.2
7---4---James Courtney-----00:52.5-------------00:00.3
8---18--Will Davison---------00:52.5 ------------00:00.4
9---2---Mark Skaife---------00:52.5 ------------00:00.4
10--25--Jason Bright---------00:52.6 ------------00:00.5
11--14--Cameron McConville --00:52.6------------00:00.5
12--9---Shane Van Gisbergen-00:52.6------------00:00.5
13--17--Steven Johnson------00:52.6------------00:00.5
14--7---Todd Kelly -----------00:52.6------------00:00.5
15--39--Russell Ingall---------00:52.6------------00:00.5
16--15--Rick Kelly -----------00:52.6------------00:00.5
17--51--Greg Murphy---------00:52.7------------00:00.6
18--34--Michael Caruso-------00:52.7------------00:00.6
19--33--Lee Holdsworth-------00:52.7------------00:00.6
20--55--Tony D'Alberto--------00:52.8------------00:00.7
21--3---Jason Richards--------00:52.8------------00:00.7
22--26--Marcus Marshall-------00:52.9------------00:00.7
23--777-Michael Patrizi--------00:52.9------------00:00.8
24--67--Paul Morris------------00:52.9------------00:00.8
25--111-Fabian Coulthard------00:53.0------------00:00.9
26--12--Andrew Jones---------00:53.1------------00:00.9
27--11-- Jack Perkins----------00:53.1------------00:00.9
28--50--Andrew Thompson-----00:53.5------------00:01.3
29--21--Daniel Gaunt-----------00:53.9------------00:01.8


Get all your info herev8supercars

less than 1 second seperates the first 27 cars. This is going to be close qualifying.


Edit: Being that there were no other entries in this page, I shall have to edit my post.

WINCUP for the round win. Great close racing most of the race. I cant belive the condition of Wincups rear tyre after the second race, (It should have blown). Now Oran Park is the last round in couple of weeks, all Wincup needs to do is gather 70 points from the round and he is champ. (is the fact that holden is now out of the champ race that this thread will go quiet :sly:)
 
Last edited:
There is Oran Park's Grand Finale you know... ;)

BTW, any of the drivers pitch a Tasmanian Devil-esque fit over the weekend that you know of?:dopey:
 
I'm going to the NRMA grand finale at Oran park raceway. I can't wait. Hopefully a Holden crosses the line in first so us Holden fans have something to cheer about after a Ford winning the championship.
 
It was a long time coming for a ford championship when Triple 888 and FPR have been the form teams for the last couple of years. BTW I am a die hard Holden man, but SBR will be back with avengance next year with Van Gisbergen an unconfirmed 2nd driver, and the return of Bright to the SBR fold despite stll being a Britek entry will be driving a SBR chassis and engine package
 
Anyone going to the Clipsal 500? Hopefully we'll be going. :)
 
Anyone going to the Clipsal 500? Hopefully we'll be going. :)

Sure am. I've already paid for my seat in the Pirie Street grand stand. 👍
 
Watching it from the couch with cold beers a close walk away
 
Sad to see Oran Park go, but there's a great meeting for it's last!
 
Oran Park is coming up this weekend. Was driving through Narellan(near oran park) today and saw the Toll Holden Racing Team Transporter. Those transporters blow me away everytime I see them.
 
Oran Park Practice Top 10

Ford on top still :) (but not by much)

1--88-Jamie Whincup-------Ford-----01:09.5
2--39-Russell Ingall---------Holden---01:09.6 00:00.1
3-888-Craig Lowndes-------Ford-----01:09.6 00:00.1
4--15-Rick Kelly------------Holden---01:09.8 00:00.2
5---1-Garth Tander--------Holden----01:09.9 00:00.4
6-120-Steven Richards-----Ford------01:10.0 00:00.5
7--33-Lee Holdsworth------Holden----01:10.0 00:00.5
8---4-James Courtney------Ford-----01:10.0 00:00.5
9---5-Mark Winterbottom---Ford-----01:10.2 00:00.7
10--25-Jason Bright--------Ford-----01:10.2 00:00.7
 
So Whincup took it out. No surprise there lol

Did you see where Winterbottom pulled out into Skaife when leaving his pit area? I don't think he would have been to happy about it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back