Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,483 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a last race with skaife really showing his potential
 
Top 5 Drivers Championship

CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS
POS NAME TOTAL POINTS
1) Jamie Whincup-------3332
2) Mark Winterbottom --3079
3) Garth Tander --------3048
4) Craig Lowndes -------2871
5) Will Davison ---------2495

So Ford fill 4 of the top five. And the most important Number 1 :sly:


Great year of racing, Can't wait till next year.
 
What a last race with skaife really showing his potential

Yeah I know, he really came through the field. 26th to 12th I believe. It was great watching V8 supercars at Oran Park all weekend (I was there). Just awesome watching the V8's come over the dog leg into the final corner, something I would never get sick of seeing:tup: It's Such a shame to lose Oran Park, it is good for spectators, drivers and australia's only figure of eight track.

Farewell Oran Park, thanks for the memories:tup::nervous: Farewell Mark skaife, You had an awesome career:tup:
 
A big weekend for goodbye then with Skaife retiring, Oran Park closing down, Paul Morris leaving full time, PWR and Ford Rising Stars no more, and a goodbye to unleaded racing fuels with E85 being used next year
 
And the most important Number 1 :sly:
Yeah, it's back where it belongs ... but one has to wonder how Race 1 would have played out if it were Tander or Kelly battling Whincup instead of Winterbottom.
 
Yeah, it's back where it belongs ... but one has to wonder how Race 1 would have played out if it were Tander or Kelly battling Whincup instead of Winterbottom.

Now, Now, We should not start that little thing going again :sly:

💡 I wonder if the front of wincup's car will have Vodaphone or Vodaph1 :dopey:
 
I've made a new club called the V8 Supercars Fan Club. If any of you are interested to join feel free.
 
Former champion Jacques Villeneuve is in talks to contest this year's championship of Australian V8 Supercars.

The Melbourne newspaper Herald Sun said the French-Canadian is the first choice to become Russell Ingall's team-mate at the Super Cheap Racing team.

"This is real. Absolutely. He is pretty keen to do it," team owner Paul Morris said. "Man, how good would it be? How long since we've had a Formula One driver in touring cars in Australia? The last one was Alan Jones. And if he drives as good as AJ, he will be all right."

Morris explained that about $2 million in sponsorship to run the car and pay the 37-year-old driver needs to be raised.

On a trip to the US next week, Morris plans to meet with Barry Green, Villeneuve's former IndyCar boss who is still part of his management team.

Source.

This is great news for Supercheap Auto and the V8 Supercar catagory. I'd love to see an ex-Formula One champion driving in modern day Australian touring cars. Hopefully Paul Morris can raise the money, it's not going to be easy considering the current economy crisis.
 
It would be cool to see Jaques over here. I'm going out to buy some 'Sirromet Wines' right now (although, i don't drink wine).

BTW 68 days untill Clipsal500 is here and the season starts again. I am getting some free tickets soon. (unfortunately they are only Gen Admiss.) but its good enough for me.
 
Excuse me for not going through all 47 pages, but does anyone know where I can download or stream full V8 Supercar races off the net?
 
RE: Jacques Villenueve

Awesome, bound to pull the numbers with Canadian and French audiences.The more the merrier, and if they build it (the bridge that is) more will come. The series is strong, but some overseas world class imput will never go to waste.

GT3man2001 post 176 of the Bathurst threadby a1PAPAOSA has a list of stream sights.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for that. Are those live streams? I clicked one link and it couldn't connect, so I would assume so. Anyone else have links they can share?
 
I'm not sure, you could buy the V8 Supercars highlights DVD. But thats not full races. There are also highlights videos on youtube.
 
Yeah, kinda looking for high quality stuff. I'll just keep looking...
 
There is also V8 Supercar highlights video's on the V8supercar.com.au website. You can also buy the DVD's off the website. But otherwise I don't know. I don't have to look for any videos because I live in Australia. :D
 
Thanks for that. Are those live streams? I clicked one link and it couldn't connect, so I would assume so. Anyone else have links they can share?

The guy that posted those steams (yes they are live) links might have some more info than us in Aus, as he is in the States. Good luck:tup:
 
A bit of news for people.

New tyres for this year coming in at Winton new go-fast tyre for v8s

Winton is round three of the 2009 V8 Supercar Championship and is scheduled for May 1-3.


This tyre could cause some headaches for some teams on when to use it. Should make it a bit more interesting. Especially when the tyre 'goes off'.
 
I have not gone through all 47 other pages but has anyone got any pictures of the 2009 liveries??

i wonder if team Vodafone have their cars finished? i went to their new complex grand opening at the end of last year and saw the....lets just say hardly finished bare FG Triple Eight chassie's. PM me if you would like pictures of inside their complex

And no there was nothing to suggest any deals may have been made with Mitsubishi
 
I haven't seen any 2009 liveries yet. V8 Supercars tend to be a bit slow with releasing their cars.

The FG Falcons should look nice, I just hope the parity problems are solved for this year.

Remember there's a V8 Supercar Fan Club that I created. Click on link in my signature.
 
Here's the first car to be unveiled (as far as I know). I quite like it, I think the black looks very nice, unlike their 2004 (?) car which looked pretty poor with the bits of black in the livery.

HRT_2009_livery1.jpg

HRT_2009_livery3.jpg

HRT-front-3Q-2009.jpg

HRT_2009_livery4.jpg

HRT_2009_livery5.jpg
 
What a fantastic livery. I love it.:D. I know that PCR has released their livery but only on a computer. It was designed by Simon Wills DzignFX. As usual feel free to join the V8 Supercars Fan Club.

Thanks for spotting this livery Jackington.👍

I've got some more pics of the 2009 HRT car.

Click on Thumbnails for a larger picture.
 
Last edited:
Whats with having the numbers on the rear windows? it just makes it more difficult to identify the cars, Rick Kelly had his on the front door (normal place) from round two onwards (thaks to opus prime going under) and it looked like a race car rather than a hotted up roadgoing car
 
I think the only reason they put them on the window is so they can get more advertising space, this means they get more money. It doesn't bother me that the numbers are on the window.

I really like that HRT livery. It's just brilliant.:D
 
Whats with having the numbers on the rear windows? it just makes it more difficult to identify the cars, Rick Kelly had his on the front door (normal place) from round two onwards (thaks to opus prime going under) and it looked like a race car rather than a hotted up roadgoing car

I thought the same when I first heard the idea this time last year, but it turned out to be easier to see who's car was who's when I was at Clipsal. It doesn't look as good, but because the bright numbers don't have any body work to blend in with, it was very helpful.
 
I never thought I'd say it, but for Holden, it actually looks half-decent. Certainly better than last year's day-glo orange livery. I hope all the teams go for something good this year, unlike Super Cheap's flouro yellow design.

And is that Will Davidson's name I see in the window of #22?
 
I thought that the PMM Livery (Super cheap) looked pretty good
 
I really like that HRT livery. It's just brilliant.:D
So instead of Red vs. Blue, it's going to be Orange vs. Blue now?:sly:
 
So instead of Red vs. Blue, it's going to be Orange vs. Blue now?:sly:

Well i'd like it more if it was 'Holden Red', but that colour will have to do. Best livery for a few years now.
 
but as we all know a decent livery doesn't make a championship season, with a "new" driver (having to get along with a new engineer new car different atmosphere), new competiton in the form of the new FG Falcon, and other teams that have make performance jumps over the last few years (im looking to you PMM), it looks as if HRT will have to pull something spectacluar out of the hat to go back to the championship winning postions they had in the late 90s and early 2000s
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back