Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,460 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, looking at the official website of the series under the teams and drivers, the Triple 8 car doesn't look too bad. The red is much redder and the chrome is much shinier, almost like a mirror. New liveries for Ingall/Slade, Marshall and D'Alberto are also up there.
 
Heres to hoping Holden pulls money out too 👍
 
Heres to hoping Holden pulls money out too 👍

They have sort of. But not as much as what Ford did. Can't remember the teams that are sponsored by Holden.
 
That's strange Lowndes still driving a BF

omg GTR pace car! yesssss haha
 
That's strange Lowndes still driving a BF

omg GTR pace car! yesssss haha

What Lowndes still driving a BF? That is strange.

I think it's awesome they are using the GT-R as the safety car. Got this weeks Auto Action, haven't read it yet but it has a lot of liveries and V8 talk in it.
 
Yeah it says on the official teams and drivers list on the official site

hopefully they release a similar magazine here for it
 
Ok. So you don't get Auto Action where you live?
 
Hmm, obviously not enough! :sly:

I read in Auto Action ages ago that Holden would be sponsoring Walkinshaw performance, Team BOC. All the other teams will still receive money but not as much. Can't remember exactly, but I do know Holden pulled money but not as much as Ford did. So this may not be right. My memory is already bad and i'm 14!
 
nope not in NZ or not that I've seen
 
Beam Team, IntaRacing, Super Cheap, Bottle-O and Fujitsu liveries can be seen here. All I can say is that black streaks from the front corner, up over the wheel arch and A-pillar seem to be trendy this year. The Jim Beam one looks best, though I do believe James Courtney is running Coke Zero sponsorship as opposed to Jim Beam. Marcus Marshall's looks like something out of Mad Max with its blacked-out headlights, and the Fujitsu one doesn't look too bad either, but it's very Spartan. Super Cheap Auto and Bottle-O are ugly as sin, though.

Also, if you go to the V8 Supercars website, there's an image of Craig Lowndes decked out in yellow-and-black overalls with Norton Anti-Virus logos all over them. Given that he's also holding a copy of the program, it could just be a marketing gimmick, but the accompanying article makes mention of the Norton sponsorship across the top of the windshield. That said, only Whincup's car was shown in the photos that were released of Triple Eight's two ... could Lowndes be running under Norton sponsorship for this year? I doubt it, but it's a possibility ...
 
Yeah they do sell Auto Action here, where are you based Drift? I used to get them from Challenge Petrol Station in Pukekohe
 
haha In Hamilton.... C'mon serious? Hamilton is still in the stone age haha
 
Hamilhole gets all the good stuff, V8 Supercar rounds, Boxing matches (Tua V Cameron) because the council is only concerned with themselves, hahahaha im a self hating JAFA
 
I think the boxing will be a flop. Tua will get whooped

V8's are self explanatory haha

Auckland has stuffed up big time haha. All started when the WRC shifted
 
DJR's liveries have re-surfaced; Steven Johnson is running white with black and red while James Courtney is white with black and gold (whch looks better).
 
more like it started when they wouldnt allow a street race through the city,
 
I'm going to try to follow V8 Supercars this year rather than wait for November or December to see highlights on Speed Channel. I found out that Mark Skaife retired. He was one of the finest racers. Best of luck to Mr. Skaife. So Will Davison replaces Skaife, right? I saw a YouTube video on Holden Racing Team's new colors. From team colors I'm not real fond of... to colors I'll be REALLY fond of. Blue and gold are my favorite colors, and so I think this Irwin Ford Falcon FG ( http://www.irwinracing.com.au/the_car.asp ) looks pretty cool to me.

But again, I'll try to follow Australian V8 Supercars this year. Last year was an effort to follow Formula 1. This year, I'll try to follow Aussie V8's. First race of the '09 season looks to be on the same weekend of the 12 Hours of Sebring. Hope all the teams have a great season!



[UPDATE] Just so I don't forget, I made my own V8 Supercar video here. Follow the link.


Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxTY5ocQCE
^ "Why Should You Care - Bathurst 1000"
 
Last edited:
So, the Clipsal 500 event gets underway tomorrow, with the V8 Supercars making their first appearance on Friday. Are there any other GTPers making their way to the event? I should be there all 4 days, I can't wait! I'd love to get some photos, but unfortunately I don't have a camera and Wenders wont let me use hers (so you can send her threatening PMs if you wanted to see some pictures :p).

There's so many different drivers who have a chance of winning the Clipsal 500, combine that with the unpredictability of the two races and it should make an exciting weekend. I wouldn't know who to put my bets on. Adding to the unpreditability will be a modified turn 8. The corner has been made slower, but it is also narrower, so we might see a few more accidents through this section of the circuit.

Other changes to the circuit include the repaved Victoria Park section of the circuit (from turn 11 to Senna Chicane) and the all new pit facility, "worlds most advanced demountable building", only in Adelaide. :rolleyes:

The V8 Supercars aren't the only series I'm very excited to see. The Australian GT Championship have made their way down here for the first round of their series. Over 30 cars will line up on the grid for this event, including the likes of Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Dodge, Ferrari, Mosler and many more.
The Aussie Racing Cars begin their series on the streets of Adelaide this weekend too. This is one of the most exciting series in Australia, the cars are about half the size of a V8 Supercar, top speed of about 220kmh, 3-4 wide around corners, it can't get much better!
Another favourite of mine is the Biante Touring Car Masters. The Touring Car Masters is pretty much a historic touring car championship. Camaros, Mustangs, Monaros, Cortinas, Escorts, Minis and more, all battling on the streets of Adelaide. It's such an awesome sight. Also making their way to Adelaide is the Australian Formula 3 Championship and the V8 Utes.
 
I wish I was going, I'll be down at Winton this weekend with my Dad at the 'Shelby Fest'. My dad's looking at making a Cobra. So I'll have to tape the V8's this weekend. Looking forward to Clipsal though.

I should get to the Sydney 400 this year and we might also be going to watch at Winton, So i'm really looking forward to that. I wish Oran Park was still on the calender, i've been going there since I was 5. A shame to see it go.
 
Hamilton track has gone up pretty much over night. The basics have been done Pit wall is even up which is strange because it forces trafic to merge from a 4 lane road down to a 3 lane road grrrr (To make matters worse Kiwi's can't merge) grandstands are near completion and the pits themselves are near completion some over passes have gone in already
 
So, the Clipsal 500 event gets underway tomorrow, ....The V8 Supercars aren't the only series I'm very excited to see. ......The Aussie Racing Cars begin their series on the streets of Adelaide this weekend too. This is one of the most exciting series in Australia, the cars are about half the size of a V8 Supercar, top speed of about 220kmh, 3-4 wide around corners, it can't get much better!

Aussie Racing Cars are cool I think they actually go 200 Kmh while going around the corner three wide :).

Murray Walkers Extreme Machine's are nice to see as well, even though they don't race. It's very odd to see Zonda's and Koensiggggggg's (c\- top gear) running around the streets of adelaide

The sad thing is the Porsche Carrera (Spelling) Cup, is not being run this year because Porsche has pulled the plug.
Bit of a shame, but then seeing VW's :sly: running around a circuit is not for every-one.

I have a pass, however with the amount of work I have had to do for back ground logistics, (I do point of sale support) and It's going to be 35 Deg Celcius on Saturday (the only thing this is good for is my eyes :drool:) I think I'll stay home and watch in the comfort of my Airconditioning.

I have been in previous years and sat in between turns 7 and 8 (bartells road) just as they change up a gear (I think 4th - 5th). What a fantastic Sound these monsters make screaming at 7000 rpm.

Hamilton track has gone up pretty much over night. The basics have been done Pit wall is even up which is strange because it forces trafic to merge from a 4 lane road down to a 3 lane road grrrr (To make matters worse Kiwi's can't merge) grandstands are near completion and the pits themselves are near completion some over passes have gone in already

That's classic, Adelaide starts preparing for the event in December and the last remanents are removed by June.
 
Sounds like you Australian folk are ready to enjoy some racing for 2009. After the three Australian-themed videos I made on YouTube, I feel more like I'm in Australia after watching lots of Holden, Ford, and FPV videos and commercials! Anyhow, hope you all enjoy racing for the new year!

And again... I'll try to follow this series as closely as I can. That's even if I'm located more than 8,000+ miles northeast of Australia.
 
Same here via the video off of the V8 Supercars website. And provided I can stay up till 2-3 am to see the finish of these races. :O I just wish I can view them in higher quality with the wireless DSL connection that I have at home.

Can you get the 7 Network on Livestation?
 
yep we have it tough down here lol at least i can sleep in tomorrow get up around 12 and start watching the coverage, unfortunalty we dont get to watch the support races but i'll tough it out XD
 
Oooh, I just realised ... I have to make a decision. A decision on what to watch: the Clipsal 500, an as-yet-unspecified film with my best friend, or two hundred people staging a mock wedding as an excuse to get drunk.
 
Same here via the video off of the V8 Supercars website. And provided I can stay up till 2-3 am to see the finish of these races. :O I just wish I can view them in higher quality with the wireless DSL connection that I have at home.

Can you get the 7 Network on Livestation?

No Channel 7 on Livestation. :( Randy
 
Yesterdays action was pretty entertaining, even if it was just practice and qualifying for the support events. I'm way too buggered to get down to the circuit today as I had a pretty big night, so I'm pretty disappointed that I wont get to see the new V8 Supercars in the flesh until tomorrow. Also, I'm surprised Channel 7 aren't showing any Friday coverage on TV, I'm pretty sure channel 10 did.

I have a pass, however with the amount of work I have had to do for back ground logistics, (I do point of sale support) and It's going to be 35 Deg Celcius on Saturday (the only thing this is good for is my eyes ) I think I'll stay home and watch in the comfort of my Airconditioning.
Seriously? Yesterday (which was about 30 degrees) felt way too hot after this breif period of cooler weather.
 
That's classic, Adelaide starts preparing for the event in December and the last remanents are removed by June.
Yeah back in january they started doing drips and drabs. A fence here a fence there, Then KABLAMO! most of it is ready. It's like the developers went to a novelty shop bought a dump trucks worth of "grow your own dinosaurs" Waited for it to rain then as the dinosaurs grew, they just shaped them. lol
 
www.v8supercar.com.au People who do or do not live in Australia.. you can follow the live timing, look at the live tracker, and (if you still have Internet Explorer,) watch (yes, I said watch) the race... Chris (CAMIkaze) and I started doing this about a year ago and it works pretty good even with lower settings... anyway if you have a high-speed connection, even better! ;) --- Randy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back