Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,480 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eastern Creek is safe since a lot racing still goes on there, they have drag races on there every week and track days every week aswell. They should go back there though, the grandstand is great, the track is great and it's safe with long run offs.
 
Eastern Creek is safe since a lot racing still goes on there, they have drag races on there every week and track days every week aswell. They should go back there though, the grandstand is great, the track is great and it's safe with long run offs.

Yeah, it is a great track/facility. But the reason V8's are not going there is....Last year the V8 round only got 27,000 over the weekend. They don't get big crowds at Eastern Creek. So that's why it got dropped.
 
What I don't understand is why Melbourne isn't part of the championship. It's as easy as starting clipsal a month earlier lol
I think it may have something to do with the fact that the V8 Supercars are a support rund, and FOM don't want people going to te Grand Prix simply to watch the touring cars.
 
Judging by Bernie's attempts at making F1 popular again I'd say everyone will be going to see the V8's anyway
 
Yeah, it is a great track/facility. But the reason V8's are not going there is....Last year the V8 round only got 27,000 over the weekend. They don't get big crowds at Eastern Creek. So that's why it got dropped.

That's a shame, it is out of the way a bit so getting there is a pain in the arse. Atleast the drag races are still held there.
 
What I don't understand is why Melbourne isn't part of the championship. It's as easy as starting clipsal a month earlier lol

It's not as easy as Starting Clipsal a month earlier. It would be because, Channel 7 has the rights to the V8 Supercars for the Championship, and Channel 10 have the rights for the F1.

So Seven don't want Ten to show their Championship. Hence Albert Park round is a non-championship round.


I personally dont see how you can have a Manufactures Challenge when 12 Cars are Ford and 17 cars are Holden. Just goes to show that when Ford win they are the better car :sly:. Also the Holden teams still want to win individually as do the Ford teams.

I think it's just a way for Channel Ten trying to make it interesting.
 
Last edited:
The Albert Park round has always been a non-Championship round, even when the V8 Supercars were broadcast on 10. I think Do You Race's answer is the most right.
 
I just love the look of Lowndes’s 888 Vodafone car.

Btw John, two thumbs up for those videos you made of Bathurst, and Aus/NZ’s representation in Gran Turismo. 👍
 
Re: Eastern Creek & why they don't race there.

Nothing to do with safety boys and girls, the real reason behind why they don't race there is politics, plain and simple. Sure, the NSW government could have EC used for V8's, but then AVESCO (people who run V8 Supercars) and the ARDC (Australian Racing Drivers Club - people who run Eastern Creek) don't see eye to eye on a lot of issues, primarily....who runs the event. ARDC think they should because it's on their track, AVESCO think they should because it's their championship. NSW government tried to be Jerry Springer for years, couldn't find a resolution.

Solution: Give AVESCO millions of dollars, destroy an environmentally POSITIVE venue like the Olympic sites at Homebush Bay with a new circuit we don't need in that location. It's like having the Daytona 500 racing around the LA Coliseum. :dunce:
 
You're very welcome, jacoja09. Glad you liked them.
 
Looks like the V8 Supercar crew will be on the streets of Hamilton, New Zealand. Good luck to all teams competing this weekend in Hamilton.
 
Good luck team vodafone 👍

but sadly im more waiting for one of the kelly brothers or Greg Murpy to win as ford have never ever won a whole round in New Zealand :nervous:
 
*Strolls in with an undeserving look on my face. I met the entire team vodafone crew.... I was taken on a guided tour through the pit..... I got to put my grubby hands on the cars..... I am a Holden fan..... It was still %#*^ing amazing Pics and video up soon.... need sleep first

ciao
 
Another question to ask is how will the King of Pukekohe Park i.e. Greg Murphy will fare this weekend.

Speaking of Pukekohe, I was watching a rFactor GRC race on that track earlier this week and I think that's a fun track to race on, no matter what you're driving. :)
 
He was doing well in practice. Last year he got spun out in the first corner which was the first of many things that happened to ruin his weekend
 
Here's hoping this year will be better. ;)

BTW, less than a half-hour until the start of Race 1 as of this post. :D
 
A dominant win for Jamie Whincup in the Vodafone Falcon, After making a great move on Will Davidson on the first lap. Looks like business as usual for Whincup!
 
20 minute Sunday Qualifying cut short due to a crash at turn 7 from Tim Slade. Jamie Whincup was on a lap that was 0.4 faster, but the red flag came before he got to the control line. Therefore lap was not allowed, this was the story for many teams. Johnson starts from pole, Courtney from 2nd and S.Richards from 3rd. Whincup starts from 4th after having his lap disallowed. The biggest surprise in my opinion is Tander and W.Davison starting from 19th and 20th in Race 4.
 
Not a very eventful race a part from Whincup. 4th to 1st from a phenomenal pit stop. Lee Holdsworth was a little racey. Lowndes getting some mayjor air. Destroying his front left ending his race and Bright not letting leaders through
 
Whincup is too good so far, if he keeps this up we may see him get given a handicap of some sort.
 
Whincup is too good so far, if he keeps this up we may see him get given a handicap of some sort.

I don't think we'll see him get given a handicap because the cars are meant to be equal. I think there is a problem with parity, 2 Holdens inside the Top 10 at Hamilton in race 4. I think they'll revise the parity, not give out handicaps. Well I hope they revise the parity.:nervous:
 
There's no parity issues. It's just that most of the Holden teams don't seem to be as professional as some of the Ford teams. And the reason for there only being two Holdens in the top 10 in race 4 is due to the qualifying session being cut short.
 
I don't think we'll see him get given a handicap because the cars are meant to be equal. I think there is a problem with parity, 2 Holdens inside the Top 10 at Hamilton in race 4. I think they'll revise the parity, not give out handicaps. Well I hope they revise the parity.:nervous:

The bloke in charge of Team Vodafone said he could see a handicap coming his teams' way. I hope they don't do it since it wouldn't take teams that long to get to their level but they may give them one.
 
There's no parity issues. It's just that most of the Holden teams don't seem to be as professional as some of the Ford teams. And the reason for there only being two Holdens in the top 10 in race 4 is due to the qualifying session being cut short.

Cut short because a holden hit the wall. :sly:


However, when, in previous years, did they ping Holden for being too dominant. Ford just had to play catch up, didn't they?.
I mean Holden did win 6 (I think?) Bathurst's in a row before Ford got there again.

I think it comes down to the fact that the new Falcon is a beast. And Holden will need to play catch up for once.

All technology that is used in teams is shared between all teams. So as an example, if Team Vodaphone spend 3 million dollars working on a new damper system or braking system and it becomes successful, then they have to share the information so other teams can use it if they want.

So ford are good because they have developed something new, Holden should, in theory, get it soon. (but I dont know if holden teams would want to drive around in a ford :sly:
 
Yeah, Wow. Surrounded by Ford fans.:nervous: help Paulie.

I do understand though. HRT did dominate for a long time yes. You've made your point. 888 Racing has figured out how to make there car a rocket and congratulations to them. HRT and GRM are very strong in the Holden camp but no where near those 888 cars. I suppose ALL the other teams need to play catch up.
 
Yeah, Wow. Surrounded by Ford fans.:nervous:
Haha, don't worry. My favourite team is HRT, but I just think that the Ford teams are doing things a lot better so they deserve the results they're getting.
 
Yeah, Wow. Surrounded by Ford fans.:nervous: help Paulie.

To the Ford fans:
When Holden were dominating they did try to make a change, but it wasn't enough and the Holdens were still faster. That was the VT/VX days. Don't even think about using Holden's 7-in-a-row Bathurst wins as an example either, as the majority of those years a Ford very comfortably won the championship. I do think there are parity issues, and I think it involves aerodynamics. To say the Holden teams aren't as professional is rediculous when you still have teams like HRT, GRM and Jim Richards involved with Jack Daniel's still (I think). To say those guys, who have been in the game for decades now are un-professional is quite ludicrous.

I would be very very surprised if a Holden wins a single race this year unless a change is made.
 
I'm not saying the top Holden teams are unprofessional, they're doing very, very well but it seems to me that teams like FPR, 888 and DJR are doing things better at the moment. Perhaps "professional" wasn't the word I was looking for a few posts ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Holden could win. Will Davison has been very strong, surprisingly stronger than Tander and I think he could quite possibly get his second race win early in the season.
 
But ask yourself, is it really the Ford teams doing better, or just the Fords themselves?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back