Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,714 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
... but then they have bought Australian GT...
Except they haven't. It was just a rumour that was emphatically denied by Tony Quinn who said "it is not for sale".
 
Except they haven't. It was just a rumour that was emphatically denied by Tony Quinn who said "it is not for sale".

Well that'll learn me for reading "Auto Action", cant even trust the pictures in that magazine, good for Tony though, he's got a good wicket, and very much knows it!
 
Well that'll learn me for reading "Auto Action", cant even trust the pictures in that magazine, good for Tony though, he's got a good wicket, and very much knows it!
The December issue last year, I think, had an article about Tony Quinn rejecting the claim. Thank god V8SC hasn't got their hands on it yet, we don't need another home-grown series to go into decline. :lol:
 
The December issue last year, I think, had an article about Tony Quinn rejecting the claim. Thank god V8SC hasn't got their hands on it yet, we don't need another home-grown series to go into decline. :lol:

V8s were fine under Tony Cochrane, under James Warburton with advice from Mark Skaife its not going to grow,
 
One thing I can probably gather,is, the 2017 VF II Commodore may run its last races for 2017 & 2018. If the cars aren't that far off the VF and everyone else are changing shapes, Holden will still be up on the field. Even if they keep a V8.

Falcon can't run as it's not sold after next year. This would leave Nissan and Erebus( and possibly Lexus) to battle Holdens if Volvo leave.
 
Went to Barbagallo on Saturday and Sunday. Had a pretty good time. Got some pretty decent photos imo for an extremely amateur photographer lol. Anyone here interested in seeing them?
 
They have the money,
 
Winton next weekend. There are some interesting traits in the data, with no real dominance by any one team or driver.

And I still think that the 2004 event was one of the best V8SC/ATCC races ever.

11223868_1577387522550068_9139927629942793233_n.jpg

11256841_1577593985862755_3723199999867926935_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
That's Tasmania
 
It's 4am and I'm watching the '04 Winton race. 300kms/100laps. Cool seeing the RS6 Safety Car.
 
Last edited:
It's 4am and I'm watching the '04 Winton race. 300kms/100laps. Cool seeing the RS6 Safety Car.

The '03 race where Murph gave Lowndesy a punt was also a good race,
 
That's just silly. At the least there should be 2nd free test weekend at Eastern Creek.
 
That's Tasmania

That's what I get for doing those when I'm tired...fixed the post now. The numbers were correct, I just forgot to change the track headers.

I was surprised to see such low win numbers, especially when compared to the other tracks.
 
The circuit went through a phase of being dropped then reinstated during V8SC international rounds push was heavy, don't know why, its a brilliant little circuit,
 
I'd like more tarmac runoff. Most tracks on the calendar are narrow. PI, SMP, QR, TAZ. This one becomes a dust bowl or swamp.
 
The circuit went through a phase of being dropped then reinstated during V8SC international rounds push was heavy, don't know why, its a brilliant little circuit,
It was because VESA wanted to promote Homebush as the pre-eminent Sydney-based round.
 
I can dream
http://autoaction.com.au/bmw-linked-penske-v8-supercar-team/
A high-ranking BWM executive confirmed to motoring media in Melbourne today that the German manufacturer had opened a dialogue with Roger Penske regarding entering V8 Supercars from 2017.

“We had very, very, very brief initial discussions about whether we could do something,” Hendrik von Kuenheim, BMW Group senior vice president Asia, Pacific and South Africa said.

“It is not really up to me because motorsport is driven by Mr Jens Marquardt and he has two bosses – one is the head of engineering and the other is the worldwide head of sales and marketing, Ian Robertson,” he explained.

“Obviously you do motorsport to substantiate your technology know-how and to build on your brand.”

BMW has previously raced in the Australian Touring Car Championship, winning two ATCC titles with Jim Richards in 1985 and ’87.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/saturday-sleuthing-jim-richards-bmw-winton-winner

Make it happen.
 
I can see it happening. The M4 or the M3 would be most likely. But the discussions have been brief, as the article states.
 
BMW mentioned they wouldn't join as they don't have a car/program that's relevant. There are several engines that fit and a few body styles to choose from. Even though the M6 will be in GT3, I agree with keeping the focus on the 3/4.

Who knows? Like R.Kelly mentioned, it will depend on what body styles are chosen by each team next year.
Ford-Mustang-V8-Supercars-rendering.jpg


:sly:
 
I wouldn't mind BMW though I usually don't like their stipulations when it comes to be a race outfit outside of Germany. I mean the other German manufactures seem more up for the competition at times...but more groups in this series good or bad ends up being always a good thing for fans.

Though I still don't get the 5 manufacture cap thing. Also really quick regarding BMW, if it is between them and Lexus. I'd rather see Lexus.
 
BMW would be good to see, but if they do I Hope they don't force a BMW Factory driver into the Team as they will undoubtly be racing them selves at the back. Do it smart and ease them in via enduros.
 
Nope I'd expect BMW factory drivers from DTM to make the jump if it did happen.
 
Nope I'd expect BMW factory drivers from DTM to make the jump if it did happen.

It will be Andy Priaulx, and he's proven many of times he cant drive these things, though it would be great to see Maxime Martin in one of these,
 
It will be Andy Priaulx, and he's proven many of times he cant drive these things, though it would be great to see Maxime Martin in one of these,

I had forgot all about him and V8s...wonder why. Thanks for reminding me.
 
On the topic of International drivers, I'd love to see Mattias Ekstrom back in a V8 Supercar again. If he was available, and I was a team looking for a Co-Driver in the Enduro Cup, I'd do all I could to get him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back