Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,696 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...alry-with-holden/story-fnp0lxk4-1227335121357
But a high level management change at Ford Australia — the CEO and marketing manager who were responsible for the decision to abandon the V8 war both leaving the company last month — and the dealer lobbying could now see Ford stay in the sport.

“The dealers are prepared to fund half the amount required to run a factory team,’’ said a well-placed source.

“They have asked Ford to match their commitment and come back into the sport.’’
 
Better late than never! Hopefully they're having a look at the Super Street format as well. Clipsal needs to return to the twin 250km format, it's just not the same event in its current guise.


... and you beat me to it as well!
 
Maybe, but Phelps isn't the greatest journalist at the best of times - this "exclusive manufacturer announcement" could be nothing more than an existing manufacturer re-committing to the series.
 
That's how I read it. I'm all for Lexus making it official though. :D
 
Love to see it as Lexus finally confirming their commitment to the series as their decision, if I recall correctly, suppose to be due mid-2015, so May is about there. However, I can see it as possibly Volvo, Mercedes or Nissan re-commiting to the series.
 
Maybe, but Phelps isn't the greatest journalist at the best of times - this "exclusive manufacturer announcement" could be nothing more than an existing manufacturer re-committing to the series.

Yep, more than likely it will be like that. I'm (trying) not to get my hopes up for anything more.
 
Love to see it as Lexus finally confirming their commitment to the series as their decision, if I recall correctly, suppose to be due mid-2015, so May is about there. However, I can see it as possibly Volvo, Mercedes or Nissan re-commiting to the series.

I think Volvo have already said no, Mercedes will only last as long as Betty keeps pouring money into it, and Datsun id personally rather see leave, there's only enough room for one moany McNamara and he's in HRT,
 
Booooooooooooooooooo.

LOL all they have done is moan how their car is unfairly balanced, moan about how their car needs X amount of fuel stops to complete a race, when V8SC put a minimum stop number to all cars they moan about that too, then all they do is drop power steering pumps all over the place and causing yellows,
 
LOL all they have done is moan how their car is unfairly balanced, moan about how their car needs X amount of fuel stops to complete a race, when V8SC put a minimum stop number to all cars they moan about that too, then all they do is drop power steering pumps all over the place and causing yellows,
You act like they are the only ones that complain on any given race weekend.
 
You act like they are the only ones that complain on any given race weekend.

No, I know that the whole field complains about something, but Datsun are the only ones who manage to complain enough to have the rules changed for them on a regular basis,
 
See thar? Mercedes dealers want to go racing.

The GT-R. R36?
 
What was the point of that? We all knew that they were considering it, and they even mentioned it a few times that they (Nissan) were considering it.

That tweet from RB Racing Australia towards Will Davison. A bit unnecessary, to be honest.
 
RBRA= No Class.

GT-R will come if the Mustang and C-Klasse or E-Klasse coupe join in. I don't see the Camaro making it or the ATS-V coupe being allowed to race. Holden have the Astra. So, it could be a possibility as DTM raced those against the CLK and TT.
 
RBRA= No Class.

GT-R will come if the Mustang and C-Klasse or E-Klasse coupe join in. I don't see the Camaro making it or the ATS-V coupe being allowed to race. Holden have the Astra. So, it could be a possibility as DTM raced those against the CLK and TT.

Mercedes released a new coupe not so long ago, mid range, I think its a C class. When I seen it I thought it would look great in GT3 trim, but a V8SC trim would do quite nicely,
 
So ... what was the "announcement" after all that?
 
So ... what was the "announcement" after all that?

That Nissan are considering the GTR for 2017. Hardly mind blowing stuff, everyone has been speculating on that since the Gen 2 rules were first announced. You can see the announcement (and I use that term very loosely) here.
What was the point of that?

The entire James Phelps segment? Agreed.
 
Last edited:
Mercedes released a new coupe not so long ago, mid range, I think its a C class. When I seen it I thought it would look great in GT3 trim, but a V8SC trim would do quite nicely,
S-Class Coupe?

2015-S-CLASS-COUPE-FUTURE-GALLERY-001-GOE-D.jpg
 
I dont like this 2-door route. Should keep the cars 4-door based otherwise why doesnt it just become GT3??
 
The category will still be fine with the current overall dimensions and aero specs. if that is kept, the cars will still look the same as today. There might still be sedans in the series. Volvo don't have a coupe at the moment. Who knows if Hyundai will come in(no matter about the cap on 5 manufacturers). Betty might use the C-Klasse sedan.
 
S-Class Coupe?

2015-S-CLASS-COUPE-FUTURE-GALLERY-001-GOE-D.jpg

I don't think we get the S-Class here in Australia, but that is one good looking car! I'll take mine in V8SC trim please :D

I dont like this 2-door route. Should keep the cars 4-door based otherwise why doesnt it just become GT3??

As long as they keep to the brick shape coupé, Mustang, Camaro, M3 etc it wont be GT3, but then they have bought Australian GT so they could use them without issue,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back