Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,714 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ekstrom is a very Adaptable driver, probably the best we have seen that has jumped into a V8 Supercar and have Pace right off the bat without any similar experience before.

Shame he is an Audi driver, it wouldn't happen for anything more then a one off gig without an Audi/VAG in V8 Supercars.

I wouldn't fully expect BMW to be blind stupid and think their factory drivers have a shot of being any good in this series(in the 1st season atleast) though, Nissan didn't feel the need to bring their Drivers in dispite the fact it would probably be a good idea considering who they have.
 
Last edited:
This is what confuses me. The Nissan GTA is proven. They should have at least one of the Australian Finalists in the paddock to learn. Especially at the 12H. That's valuable track time to learn the circuits because that's what Nissan want to win more than anything.
 
One of what?

There hasn't actually been a full winner as the Australian competiton isn't a stand alone one like USA, Germany and Russia have had in the past.

But what im saying is any Nissan driver in general they have plenty in Japan and Europe, but the only one to come so far is Buncombe for the Enduros.
 
One of what?

There hasn't actually been a full winner as the Australian competiton isn't a stand alone one like USA, Germany and Russia have had in the past.

But what im saying is any Nissan driver in general they have plenty in Japan and Europe, but the only one to come so far is Buncombe for the Enduros.

This, and the fact our last finalist slept in...
 
This, and the fact our last finalist slept in...
Josh didn't sleep in, Holland did in 2010.

I did in the national final though but that is another story entirely lmao.
 
I did in the national final though but that is another story entirely lmao.

I believe I have heard about this, but please enlighten the forum
 
I believe I have heard about this, but please enlighten the forum
Mine was more of passing out then forgetting to wake up, I missed the bus back to Nismo HQ and had to take a taxi.

Fitness is crucial lol.
 
One of what?

Anyone who was top dog in Australia. It doesn't make sense to have the fastest person win the Australian tier and then not have them get anything to start a career by.

Maybe I missed something when the USA guy won and was able to further his carrier.
 
Anyone who was top dog in Australia. It doesn't make sense to have the fastest person win the Australian tier and then not have them get anything to start a career by.

Maybe I missed something when the USA guy won and was able to further his carrier.
Australia is under International, like most of Europe(like Spain, France and UK) is under Europe. The Winner of the International and Europe gets the drive.

where as USA, Germany and Russia had their own Stand alones that allowed their winner to get a drive.
 
Oops. Apologies for the double post.

PRA confirms endurance lineup.
Prodrive Racing Australia has confirmed its three pairings for the Pirtek Enduro Cup.

As expected, the team’s Dunlop Series driver Cameron Waters has been allocated the seat alongside Chaz Mostert.

Waters, who last year co-drove the team’s Charlie Schwerkolt-owned customer car, replaces Paul Morris in the reigning Bathurst winning entry.

Steve Owen meanwhile continues alongside Mark Winterbottom, with Dean Canto again joining David Reynolds.
 
Australia is under International, like most of Europe(like Spain, France and UK) is under Europe. The Winner of the International and Europe gets the drive.

where as USA, Germany and Russia had their own Stand alones that allowed their winner to get a drive.

Ok, fine. Australia has the population of Kansas but, really, this country loves its motorsport. New Zealand gave the world McLaren. Australia bred Brabham. That should mean something.

Like I mentioned, Nissan are playing in the top tiers of Australian motorsport(V8SC and GTs). Being successful with a win in V8SC and overall at the 12H. Forgive me for preaching to the choir, this could open up so many avenues for youngsters as well as investors.

Oops. Apologies for the double post.

PRA confirms endurance lineup.

Goodness. If Mostert and Waters can stay out of trouble, what a finish we'd be able to witness!
 
Ok, fine. Australia has the population of Kansas but, really, this country loves its motorsport. New Zealand gave the world McLaren. Australia bred Brabham. That should mean something.

Like I mentioned, Nissan are playing in the top tiers of Australian motorsport(V8SC and GTs). Being successful with a win in V8SC and overall at the 12H. Forgive me for preaching to the choir, this could open up so many avenues for youngsters as well as investors.



Goodness. If Mostert and Waters can stay out of trouble, what a finish we'd be able to witness!
The issue is Nissan Australia's Funding.

Did you know that Australia is the only Country from the International Camp to not fund a driver after the Final race, and give them some kind of Academy gig.

population and everything is irrelevent its all about the money and in this case the lack of coming from Nissan Australia.

maybe that will change in the future but that is the case right now.
 
Hmm, maybe Nissan Australia have more Up their sleeves:
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/naming-rights-sponsor-confirmed-for-winton
caruso_winton_navara21.jpg
 
Be cool if they kept the red livery for the rest of the season after this weekend. Looks great.
 
Livery looks good, Navara is Nissan's best selling vehicle here.
 
They're also getting that bad boy ready for the Utes series.
 
I'm curious why they switched Caruso's Nismo theme over to advertise the Navara when Moffat was doing that in the last round and could have continued with it.
 
I'm curious why they switched Caruso's Nismo theme over to advertise the Navara when Moffat was doing that in the last round and could have continued with it.
Tod Kelly ran the Navara livery at Barbagallo and Moffat ran the Toshiba livery. ;)

Maybe Kelly will run the Nismo livery whilst Caruso runs the Navara livery? Seems pointless having a red & black Navara livery and a blue & white Navara livery being run at the same time.
 
I'm curious why they switched Caruso's Nismo theme over to advertise the Navara when Moffat was doing that in the last round and could have continued with it.
Are they only going to have it on Caruso's car?

I think the big Change is to make it standout more as the Navara is close to release.
 
and Moffat ran the Toshiba livery. ;)

Was the Toshiba deal on Moffat's car for the rest of the year or just a one off for Perth?
 
Was the Toshiba deal on Moffat's car for the rest of the year or just a one off for Perth?
From what I understand, it will be for at least a few events and won't just be a one off thing.

Taken from the Speedcafe article;
James Moffat’s Nissan Altima will run with primary backing from electronics firm Toshiba starting at this weekend’s UBET Perth Super Sprint.

The sponsorship, for which a duration has not been made official, was launched by the team via a demonstration drive through the streets of South Perth this morning.
 
Watching Inside Supercars. I'm not a fan of Skaife and never will be. This guy gets my 👎
 
Watching Inside Supercars. I'm not a fan of Skaife and never will be. This guy gets my 👎
I like him. At least he gets the sport and is enthusiastic about what he does. However, in Inside Supercars both him and Greg Rust look forced to play the role of 'one of the boys'. It's just awkward watching it. They clearly don't find anything of it (jokes) funny.
 
Watching Inside Supercars. I'm not a fan of Skaife and never will be. This guy gets my 👎

I cant stand him, I want him back behind the wheel at least then we wont hear half as much rot,
 
He made no sense to argue against the longer race. Saying Fabian was able to come back through the field only because of the safety car. Then so did Mostert to win Bathurst. He didn't want to agree with Lee that a longer race helps the team strategize.
V8SC should listen to the drivers and fans.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back