Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,480 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting another Team Vodafone victory. If after the first few laps they're streaking off I won't watch it for the rest of the weekend. They can fix the parity before I watch if that be the case.

If that's not a case of 'spitting the dummy', I'll be a monkeys uncle. :)
 
If that's not a case of 'spitting the dummy', I'll be a monkeys uncle. :)
I'm convinced you're a monkeys father already so what's the worst that could happen? haha :p

I'll still watch regardless... It will get to the point where someone does the cheap game trick. Turn around and drive the circuit the other way until they find the leader then WHAM! "start button" "Restart race" haha
 
WTF, Holdens in the lead!:eek: Team Vodafone hogged qualifying, but being later into their run on the top 10 meant cooler tyre temps so they didn't start up front like always.
 
Garth tander won the race

I loved watching whincup finally having some bad luck

I was laughing my head off when he was already down the order, and after pitting and putting greens on, he stalled, then when exiting the pits he went off into the grass

yes!!!!! Go tander
 
Yes, good work Tander and Ingall.

Edit: Oh look, Team Cheatafone on pole again.:irked:
 
Last edited:
Crap missed Race 7 but watched the end of Race 8 to watch Jamie Whingecup take another race win (groan) but what really pissed me off was the race officals not taking any action in regards to both of the FPR Cars taking out murphy in the space of two laps, not to mention DUMBrell trying to race Coulthard in the dying stages, while a lap down. Coulthard was clearly faster than the #10 and the race leaders, anyway enough of me ranting and to move onto the good stuff. Well done to both Wilson Security Racing and Super Cheap Racing for getting both cars into the top ten with the #111 car gaing his and the teams first podium ever and the #333 car coming home in tenth place, Tim Slade putting in his best performance so far in ninth and i cant remember off the top of my head where Russell "The Enforcer) Ingall finished (somewhere in the top 10 for sure)
 
yeah Murph certainly was in the wars. Was funny seeing Ingall flip him "the bird" though. Dumbrell drove me wild with that. Coulthard should've just put him into a wall or something
 
and risk the "wrath" of the officals?

surprised that murph didnt just slow down and wait for a FPR car and fire them into the last turn barricade like teams racing (stockcars) :crazy:
 
Hey fellas, Team Cheatafone were out at Winternats today and showed a modern V8 Supercar runs a high 10sec 1/4mile. Naturally they struggle to get off the line, but thought you all might be interested in that bit of info. (It was their actual race cars with Lowndes and Whincup actually driving too).

The other thing I thought was funny was a conversation between Craig Lowndes and Victor Bray

Bray: Your car doesn't stand a chance against mine
Lowndes: You may be right, but at least if there were corners I'd be able to go around them a lot faster than you
Bray: If you can make it around the corners then you're not going fast enough.

:lol:
 
Last edited:
Was that with or without the Sprint tyre? :)
 
Weather forecast for the upcoming races at Hidden Valley:
Friday: Sunny and nice. Winds from the SE at 6 mph. High: 86°F
Saturday: Brilliant sunshine. Winds will be light and variable High: 90°F
Sunday: Plenty of sunshine. Winds will be light and variable High: 90°F
​
Source: AccuWeather.com

Sounds like perfect summer racing weather to me. :D:tup:
 
Weather forecast for the upcoming races at Hidden Valley:
Friday: Sunny and nice. Winds from the SE at 6 mph. High: 86°F
Saturday: Brilliant sunshine. Winds will be light and variable High: 90°F
Sunday: Plenty of sunshine. Winds will be light and variable High: 90°F
​
Source: AccuWeather.com

Sounds like perfect summer racing weather to me. :D:tup:

We're in Winter.:sly:
 
I can't believe the nerve of Craig Lowndes from Team Cheatafone, he went on to the grass and literally pushed Rick Kelly aside to get past him then, what a dirty driver, he always has been.👎
 
Last edited:
MAAAAtE..!!! He(Lowndes) didn't touch him Paulie and he still had two wheels on the track in the initial part of the pass.

Tell me you wouldn't pass some one like that and I'll eat my ..........!!!
 
It was a bit of a rough battle between the two, but that's racing. Lowndes did a great job from the restart. Fantastic drive by Caruso and GRM, it's always good to see a fresh face on the top step of the podium. I really enjoyed that race, just hope the great racing continues tonight with the British GP!
 
MAAAAtE..!!! He(Lowndes) didn't touch him Paulie and he still had two wheels on the track in the initial part of the pass.

Tell me you wouldn't pass some one like that and I'll eat my ..........!!!

Perhaps you ought to re-watch it then Jeff, he cut the grass on the initial part of the corner and eased Rick out of the way in order to pass. Never on my honour would I do something so dirty.👎
 
Yeah he didn't give Rick much racing room, he just squeezed him off onto the grass which was a bit disappointing.

Great win for Michael Caruso, he thoroughly deserves it. Also a great result for Alex Davison after such a tough start to the year.
 
Yeah, it was good to see the youngsters/new guys up there on the top tiers in the second race.:) I was cheering very loudly for Caruso to stay ahead though on that final lap.:sly:
 
There were some fantastic movers and shakers in this weekends two races.

Great to see another youngster on the top (even if he was in a Holden :sly: )

Great strategy by SBR with Davison. Although I find it a little suss, that Ingal needed a safety car because he was so far behind (time-wise) and what do you know Slade is stopped in the middle of the track (HHHMMM).

@Paulie, Tell me, if Lowndes and Weak Kelly (cast) we in opposite positions, and Kelly did that to Lowndes, You would say "Fantastic Move and what a brilliant driver Kelly is, and suck eggs to Lowndes."
 
Perhaps you ought to re-watch it then Jeff, he cut the grass on the initial part of the corner and eased Rick out of the way in order to pass. Never on my honour would I do something so dirty.👎
Can you say that Kelly wouldn't have done something like that?

No.
 
Calling Lowndes a dirty driver? wow, just wow.

It's worse that Kelly himself had a winge about it too.
 
I don't live in Australia, but I have great respect for Craig Lowndes. I'm sure he wouldn't be a jackass or a dirty driver on the track. I probably have to see if there's any video online of the action from Hidden Valley.
 
The incident can be seen in this video at 44 seconds, also a Zinger Replay is shown at 2:20.

​
 
Can't really see anything wrong with that, Clearly Lowndes has a faster car on colder tyres, and Kelly did leave a gap. Maybe Kelly should have BLOCKED better. :sly:

Yeah he didn't give Rick much racing room, he just squeezed him off onto the grass which was a bit disappointing...

I think Kelly chose to go on to the grass, You know like when a Footy player goes down after he wasn't even hit or pushed.
 
Are all Ford fans blind? I can see now there was no contact, but regardless, the fact remains that Lowndes went on to the grass and wedged himself inside of Kelly leaving him nowhere to go but off the track. I would be saying the same of Kelly if he did that to Lowndes. Additionally, I can say Kelly wouldn't do the same, because anyone with at least 1 working eyeball in their socket can see that Kelly took a dive on to the grass to avoid hitting Lowndes, he took a dive. Says more of Kelly than of Lowndes, who easily could have waited 5sec and got a better run on to the straight and done it at turn 1 if he really was that much faster. Like I said, Lowdes always has been and always will be a dirty driver, like Ambrose. Look at Whincup and Winterbottom, I don't ever see those 2 using dirty tactics to win races, but win they do. And before you retaliate claiming I'm a fanboy like yourself (not directed at anyone in particular other than those who proceed to call me a fanboy), I remind you I work at a Ford dealership and I like Fords, which shows my loyalty to both brands. It just so happens I like Holden more.
 
Last edited:
That looked like a normal touring car type incident to me. The only thing I'm upset about is the fact that you lucky Australians get to watch this magnificent form of racing live and I have to put up with hideously hacked apart highlights on C5 in the middle of the night back in the UK.
 
Are all Ford fans blind? I can see now there was no contact, but regardless, the fact remains that Lowndes went on to the grass and wedged himself inside of Kelly leaving him nowhere to go but off the track. I would be saying the same of Kelly if he did that to Lowndes. Additionally, I can say Kelly wouldn't do the same, because anyone with at least 1 working eyeball in their socket can see that Kelly took a dive on to the grass to avoid hitting Lowndes, he took a dive. Says more of Kelly than of Lowndes, who easily could have waited 5sec and got a better run on to the straight and done it at turn 1 if he really was that much faster. Like I said, Lowdes always has been and always will be a dirty driver, like Ambrose. Look at Whincup and Winterbottom, I don't ever see those 2 using dirty tactics to win races, but win they do. And before you retaliate claiming I'm a fanboy like yourself (not directed at anyone in particular other than those who proceed to call me a fanboy), I remind you I work at a Ford dealership and I like Fords, which shows my loyalty to both brands. It just so happens I like Holden more.

You can't say for sure Kelly would not do the same, because you are NOT Kelly.

I have yet to see Lowndes brake test anyone.

Just because you work somewhere, does not mean you like them, Because this could be the only job, at the time, you could get. I mean a job is a job, It's not always what you really want to do.
 
You can't say for sure Kelly would not do the same, because you are NOT Kelly.

I have yet to see Lowndes brake test anyone.

Just because you work somewhere, does not mean you like them, Because this could be the only job, at the time, you could get. I mean a job is a job, It's not always what you really want to do.

No I can't say for sure, well done, you can pick out I'm not Rick Kelly.:rolleyes: And just who are you to tell me what I do and don't like? Say hello to my ignore list, I don't have to read this fanboyish defence of Lowndes.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back