For five weeks though?Easy guys, the fellas behind the scenes need a break and family time,
And we have Le Mans this week!
For five weeks though?![]()
Tell that to the NASCAR teams that make cross country races on a weekly basis.Just ignore the fact that NASCAR teams have more money and might have multiple cars & haulers.
I think they could have made the turnaround in 3 weeks no problem, but what do I know.
Seems I (and @Spacegoat ) are not the only ones not liking the long breaks, and they may disappear next year:Hmmm probably not, they would have to ship any extra spares up there, and shipping a 30cm X 30cm X 30cm box weighing 20kg is expensive here, be cheaper to send the whole team back to Hq almost,
Homebush has been marked for a development boom. It's close to the city and right on the waterfront, but it's never really grown beyond its origins as a stadium precinct. The state government wants to change that, building a light rail network from Strathfield through to Parramatta, with the proposed route running through Homebush. Kind of like the one that was put in place through Surfers' Paradise. But doing so will potentially limit where the circuit can go, especially if they want to run it right up to Stadium Australia.Shorten the circuit to what? I just don't get what the powers at be are doing.
I'd still like the series ended with BAthurst. It is a bit tough having a co-driver crash out last race of the season. It could go either way as non-championship or for points. If it ran as a 300km race(and still have the 1000km as is) or at the new circuit they are constructing, that may do well as a season finisher.