Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,825 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Practice 1 is done and dusted, David Reynolds topped the session with a 1.07.2 followed by Scott Pye with a 1.07.8.

There goes that longstanding lap record...
 
Not really. There's a lot of different bodies from a Hot Rod to the Camaro, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. If Hyundai was considering V8SC, I'd expect them to use the Genesis over the Elantra.
 
A PRA 1-2 with Reynolds claiming the top spot again with an impressive 1.06.73, 0.083 of a second quicker than 2nd placed Winterbottom.

Coulthard the best of the Holdens' in 3rd.
 
Only practice and probably stating the obvious but unsurprisingly PRA are looking like they are going to be the ones to beat again.
 
Last edited:
Not really. There's a lot of different bodies from a Hot Rod to the Camaro, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. If Hyundai was considering V8SC, I'd expect them to use the Genesis over the Elantra.

I wouldnt expect the Elantra but, Hyundai nevertheless. The Cruze and C63 bodies are used as well as the Mustang GT. So, if it's a hint of things to come, I'll take that.

As for the practice sessions, PRA may have a better bank of used tyres. Plus, massive improvement with the aero package. I'd like some data of straightline speed differences.
 
I don't see it as a hint to come, don't see the Focus or Mazda 3 coming soon.
 
What I mean is, maybe Hyundai may be coming to V8s. Not that any other bodies will be in Aussi V8s.
The Atlima and Camaro bodies are in ARC.
altima_mini_01.jpg


maxresdefault.jpg


Maybe it has nothig to do with the manufacturer. I don't know how Tony Quinn gets the approval for the shapes and use of the names. As far as Gen2, if Roland Dane wants to woo GM about using the Camaro and Penske wants the Mustang, im not saying ARC has anything to do with that. I just find it peculiar a Hyundai shape is in this particular series, just out of the blue.

I do know the Camry and Altima race in NZ. The Camaro GT3 races in his series over there. Maybe Hyundai will race in Super Tourers.
 
There is also an Aurion, its just a body.

End of day they all use a Yamaha engine.
 
This weekends SuperView schedule for those in the USA: (all times PM PDT)

Friday
  • Quali 13 | 7:00 - 7:10
  • Quali 14 | 7:25 - 7:35
  • Race 13 | 9:20 - 10:35
  • Race 14 | 11:55 - 1:00
Saturday
  • Quali 15 | 6:30 - 1:00
  • Race 15 | 8:40 - 10:55
 
Last edited:
Good times by Coulthard and Davison. Qualifying is going to be crazy if the track gets faster.
 
Good to see Coulthard up there. Hopefully his practice pace translates over to qualifying and the races today.
 
Holy 🤬, I agree with Ingall for once.
 
Times are soo damn close.
 
Courtney was in a hurry there, wonder if he had to use the potty room. :p
 
Courtney on pole? Based on the practice times, I was not expecting that at all.

Nice job from Rick Kelly and Moffat inside the ten. Wood 11th too. 👍
 
Going by these times it can be anyones race as a race setup will be very hard to sort here.
 
Woah. Rick Kelly 1.06.29 on pole.
 
I see Rick Kelly still hasn't reached puberty.
 
Wow, congrats to Rick Kelly and Nissan on pole. Great result. 👍
 
Big congratulations to Rick Kelly and the entire Nissan gang. Big achievement. You can see how much it means to him.
 
No mention of Whincup's poor result by the TV crew, down in 20th after that slight mishap on the final corner of his lap.
 
No mention of Whincup's poor result by the TV crew, down in 20th after that slight mishap on the final corner of his lap.
And they just mention it after you post that. :lol:

I think everyone is still trying to find their jaw after that session.
 
Nissan on pole and Whincup 20th can't complain with that session.
 
This weekends SuperView schedule for those in the USA: (all times PM PDT)

Friday
  • Quali 13 | 7:00 - 7:10
  • Quali 14 | 7:25 - 7:35
  • Race 13 | 9:20 - 10:35
  • Race 14 | 11:55 - 1:00
Saturday
  • Quali 15 | 6:30 - 1:00
  • Race 15 | 8:40 - 10:55
Updated this because a few of the times were way off.
 
Freddie Hunt looks and sounds exactly like his Dad. Only thing that's missing is the cigar in the mouth and the Scotch bottle hanging out of the back pocket. ;)

--

This is awesome racong in the Aussie Racing Cars once again. Paul Morris and Adam Ubergang have been battling it out the whole race, continuously passing. Great stuff. 14 thousandths of second separates them at the finish. Wow. And they even shook hands immediately after crossing the line.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back