Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,695 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen the video but that is a freaky stuff. Talk about wrong place wrong time. :scared: Hopefully JC will be good for tomorrow.
There was also a fair bit of damge to the actual pit boom. Skaife was saying that it looks like it's been bent at a 40° angle. But hopefully Courtney can recover enough for tomorrow, if he doesn't, would that mean Perkins may get a drive this weekend?
 
But hopefully Courtney can recover enough for tomorrow, if he doesn't, would that mean Perkins may get a drive this weekend?

According to speedcafe, he's ready to fill in if needed. I suppose it would be good from the point that it gives Jack a chance to get some racing miles under his belt before the enduro's. Hopefully JC will be well enough to get behind the wheel though.
 
Last edited:
Story just developing on Fox Sports News, but James Courtney is out for the round due to injuries sustained during that freak accident. Jack Perkins will replace him.
 
Story just developing of Fox Sports News,

And confirmed on the V8 site.
Courtney has two fractured ribs, and a pneumothorax, which is a small pocket of air between the ribs and lungs. It creates pressure on the lungs and makes breathing difficult. Courtney will remain in hospital for a couple of days to receive treatment.

Oh well, that freakin sucks. Hope he makes a speedy recovery. Best of luck to Jack this weekend as well.
 
Anyone here using the V8 Superview stream? Is it jumpy for you? Audio seems to be fine, but the video is crap.

Edit: As I hit submit on this post it fixed itself. :lol:
 
Jeez, HRT can't take a trick at the moment. Tander doesn't even get a flying lap in. :indiff:
 
Gah, Foxtel is down! I've got no satellite signal ...
 
Gah, Foxtel is down! I've got no satellite signal ...
No problems here...

Jack Perkins qualified 20th for both races, about a second off the pole pace. That's a good effort. Tander was 16th in the 2nd session, HRT are going to have a tough one if it doesn't rain (which, apparently, is a good chance).
 
No problems here...
I keep getting the F100 message. I called technical support and they said it's either the signal or the dish. I'm hoping it's the signal, even though it's a pretty clear day and there are no obstructions, because the alternative is that it's a problem with the dish, and given what I had to go through to get a signal in the first place, I could have no signal for weeks. Besides, I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong with the dish; it's practically brand new. And if it's the signal, it will likely fix itself soon enough.

It would be nice if I could watch the V8s, but I really hope it's back in time for the Belgian Grand Prix.
 
I keep getting the F100 message. I called technical support and they said it's either the signal or the dish. I'm hoping it's the signal, even though it's a pretty clear day and there are no obstructions, because the alternative is that it's a problem with the dish, and given what I had to go through to get a signal in the first place, I could have no signal for weeks. Besides, I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong with the dish; it's practically brand new. And if it's the signal, it will likely fix itself soon enough.

It would be nice if I could watch the V8s, but I really hope it's back in time for the Belgian Grand Prix.
It's probably just the signal. I've had it a couple of times.
At worst, the Belgian GP will be on Channel Ten/One.

If it doesn't fix itself, maybe try the reset on the box. Turn it off, disconnect it from power, press all the buttons on the remote at once (for some reason) then reboot it.
 
ack Perkins qualified 20th for both races, about a second off the pole pace. That's a good effort.

Yeah, really nice job from Jack in qualifying. Hopefully he has a good clean race and can come away with a solid result.
 
Yeah, really nice job from Jack in qualifying. Hopefully he has a good clean race and can come away with a solid result.
For sure. It's great race mileage coming into the enduros. Especially if he will be lead driver at Sandown (depending on how quick Courtney heals).
Him and Courtney would be at decent odds for Bathurst. Courtney and HRT usually run well there.

Anyway, reasonably sedate race so far, apart from the usual opening lap push & shove.
Heimgartner doing a great job running in 7th.
 
Start was good but once things settled in it was a bit of follow the leader out there and fairly boring. Hopefully the softs kick things up a bit.
 
Tander 18th - Perkins 19th
Tough race for HRT.

Prodrive 1 - 2 - 4 - 7
Great race for Prodrive
 
Fox Sports: "Stick around for Race X, coming right up (aka in two hours time)"!
 
Last edited:
It's great race mileage coming into the enduros.

Yep, that's the only positive thing about the whole situation. Thought he did a nice job in the first race too, kept the car nice and clean, which is all you can really ask for.
 
Might as well race at night. That Sun is a killer at turn 1
 
Amazing save from Bright on the first lap. Wow!
 
Amazing save from Bright on the first lap. Wow!

In the fence, in the fence, in the fence, back in traffic.... that's what I thought. :scared:


Pye caught up quick. Too bad about his start and the turn around.

You have to give Tander credit. He positions his car pefectly to sneak by.

An unexpected exciting race. The battle pack was good. Even though noone can fire it up the inside, it feels like it's so close to pass.

Good job for Mostert to move to 2nd.
 
Last edited:
Either this track is too hard to pass on, or the cars are just all so similar that there's not a lot to go off of for a pass.

These super sprints, I know they want shorter races to encourage drivers to battle it out, but it just doesn't seem like that's happening. Even going to soft tires for the second race didn't hardly do anything. Looking forward to the longer race tomorrow so pit stops will shake it up.
 
Either this track is too hard to pass on, or the cars are just all so similar that there's not a lot to go off of for a pass.

These super sprints, I know they want shorter races to encourage drivers to battle it out, but it just doesn't seem like that's happening. Even going to soft tires for the second race didn't hardly do anything. Looking forward to the longer race tomorrow so pit stops will shake it up.

So much dirt on the circuit makes it hard to pass on the outside. And this is a reasonably wide circuit.

As far as the sprints, 16 laps are way too short here. It's a classic circuit. They're fooling theirselves not including it in the Enduros. 100 laps would make all the difference here. Start from now and finish uner lights.
 
YES! FOXTEL IS BACK!

The only problem is that I've apparentlygone back in time to 1991, because I'm watching the 1991 Formula 1 season review ...
 
Nice run for Scotty in the second one. I was hoping once he got past SVG that he might have been able to chase down Mostert for third, not to be.
 
It just got awkward in the Fox Sports Live box. Footage of the Skaife-Ingall incident has just been showed. And now they're arguing about it. :lol:
 
Haha that would be great to hear. They still seem to just tolerate each other, not actually like each other.


I say it every round, but I need Foxtel.
 
Holy Snaps! Qualifying was good. Nice mix up.
 
Scotty McLaughlin on pole followed by Reynolds. Lots of emotion on display for Scotty.

Winterbottom in 12th, Lowndes 19th. Pye in 5th.

-
Crompo makes a Thunder Buddy reference in regards to the weather.

-
Courtney looks absolutely terrible. Struggling to talk and breathe. Feel bad for the guy...
 
Last edited:
Yeah, maybe HRT should domthat Young Lions thing. Their best bet is to snatch a DVS driver at the moment. Johnson or Baird.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back