Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,265 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't get down to the esses, photographers and officials only. You can sort of see them from the toilet block at skyline but you can't see the dipper
 
Well, that's a bit of a bummer.
 
Lap record doesn't count in my opinion... yes it's the fastest lap ever but it's in practice...

Murph's 2003 "Lap of the Gods" was in the Shootout... so 0.05 secs difference between CL's practice lap & Murph's "one lap all or nothing" lap, Murph's is by far the better lap.

Plus 'lap records' are generally only reserved for race laps.
 
*tear traces down cheek.... I whole heartily agree
 
Got the BBQ set up for tomorrow, should be a good day!

Shootout this afternoon should be interesting too.
 
F1 at 3pm.....
 
F1 at 3pm.....
Yeah, nothing worse than when Bathurst and the Japanese GP clash. Lucky I've got my PlayTV setup!
 
I haven't been following the V8s because I don't get Channel Seven ... so it's really not that much of a problem for me - Formula 1 it is.
 
Beer in the fridge, snacks to be dealt out, 7-8 hours of being a couch potatoe..... Once a year haha
 
Bathurst weekend should officially be on calendars as "Bogan Weekend". :lol: 10 and a half hours of coverage in NZ starting from 10am, you bet I'm going to watch every bit of it. :D
 
I hear you guys have had a few more "rumblies" down there Sharky. My sister counts 50 cracks in her house and it's no longer level. Affect you at all?

I hope none of that happens today as everyone down there I'm sure needs a break from that AND you don't want to lose coverage of the great race
 
Gonna watch the start but then need sleep so I can watch the F1 quali and race.

Go Lowndes!
 
@John - yeah, we're still getting shocks, but my house is fine :) There's no danger of an aftershock taking out the TV :dopey:

Come on van Gisbergen + Johnny Mac!
 
Oh, the race has just started and already a safety car on the first lap. Coulthard has rolled the car at the Chase. I'm a little surprised that no tarmac run off was laid down back when the run off was put down at Skyline last year.
 
Left-rear appears to have blown on turn-in, and when you get a blown tyre under load at 280+ kmh something awful's always going to happen. Glad he walked away from that!


But that's two Kiwis out of the race already. :(
 
Forget the Kiwi's that was my favourite rum gone from the race :(
 
Left-rear appears to have blown on turn-in, and when you get a blown tyre under load at 280+ kmh something awful's always going to happen. Glad he walked away from that!


But that's two Kiwis out of the race already. :(

Have you seen how close his rear was to the wall at the beginning of the spin?
Don't want to know what would've happend if he hit that thing.

Thank god the cars are build the way they are.
 
I'm trying not to think about that, had he hit the wall he probably would've fired back across the track and taken someone else out with him! *shudders*
 
Here it comes! :D

​
 
These advertisements are fantastic. It's just a shame they have to cut to motorsport for 5 minutes. Don't they realise it's the ads that are the ratings puller?
 
McConville reports rain on the top of the mountain :D
 
I've never watch V8 Supercars race in wet, this is going to be interesting! :D

Owh, that advert is quite juicy...

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, somebody made a contact or Coulthard made a contact with somebody right at the start and the contact has damaged the air valve, pushing all the air out of the tyre and yep... Whoosh!
 
Last edited:
$1.20 part writing off a $400k racecar. It's never the expensive parts that break... :lol:
 
Kangaroo on the track. :lol:
 
Jeez! Was that kangaroo close or what! :scared:
 
haha the door fell off Tander's car in the pits.
 
Owh what a shame I can't see these chaos! TV decided to turn out to F1 Qualifying :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back