Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,090 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they'll update it tomorrow when ticket sales start.
 
Now I'm curious what are weekend passes? I'm either assuming like general admission seating (grass or random stands) or like paddock pass for weekend?
 
A weekend pass covers the cost of your seat all weekend, so in this case all 3 days of track time. (practice, qualifying, race) Not sure if it includes anything else yet. We'll know tomorrow.
 
R1600Turbo
A weekend pass covers the cost of your seat all weekend, so in this case all 3 days of track time. (practice, qualifying, race) Not sure if it includes anything else yet. We'll know tomorrow.

Now that's smoking deal for price! I'm wondering what the reserved seating is compared? I hope the seats aren't jam packed together.
 
Almost as good value as BTCC ;) should get full pretty quick 👍.
 
Here's where you can purchase tickets: (Edit: $60 for a parking pass :ouch:)

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/co...e-MotoGP_V8_OnSale10_16_2012&utm_medium=email

And it looks like they'll be using the shorter course.

30356.jpg
 
I'm thinking general admission seating in Turn 1. More towards Turn 2, top row. 👍
 
I saw how much parking was and thought holy moly! I might just find a different plan lol.

Hopefully they don't sell out yet or in next few days.
 
R1600Turbo
I don't think they will.

I sure hope not because I'm trying to find out who wants to go. In the end, I will just go alone!
 
R1600Turbo
I'm going alone. :lol:

Did you buy general admission ticket? It would be easier to fund with someone to help with gas and room. 23 hrs one way is going to be a killer, but it's not much more to drive. I'll just have to see what kind of flights I can find, I probably will just use taxi or shuttles to the track and back.
 
Will be getting General Admission tickets on Friday. Then it'll probably be around tax return time (February for me) when I buy plane tickets & reserve the hotel.
 
Just thought, I'd post a quick picture of the new (and quite frankly horrid) livery the Pepsi Max commodore of Greg Murphy will be using for the rest of the year.

pepsi-344x239.jpg


:yuck:
 
I like it! And have loved most of the designs they have used!
 
They could tone it down a little even though I like the schemes they run, it's somewhat hard to tell who sponsors are it!

I have a dumb question. When V8's come to US, will they bring transporters or just cars/equipment?
 
When V8's come to US, will they bring transporters or just cars/equipment?
If they don't bring transporters, they're going to have a hard time getting from the airport to the circuit.

Yes, they will bring everything. They already do it for the New Zealand and Abu Dhabi rounds, and when the series when to China and Bahrain, they took everything there, too. So I don't see why that would suddenly change for Austin.
 
A new challenger appears for the title of worst livery...
34-grm2-344x224.jpg


:yuck:
 
I was going to post that. :lol:

I'm normally a fan of Go-Daddy livery's. But not this one, it's utterly disgusting.

At least the Webb/Lieb, Tekno Autosports car looks good.

19-webb-344x224.jpg
 
If they don't bring transporters, they're going to have a hard time getting from the airport to the circuit.

Yes, they will bring everything. They already do it for the New Zealand and Abu Dhabi rounds, and when the series when to China and Bahrain, they took everything there, too. So I don't see why that would suddenly change for Austin.

The V8 teams take the their own transporters to NZ but not to Abu Dhabi, China or Bahrain.
 
I don't like any GoDaddy liveries, maybe it's because I've associated it too much with Danica Patrick.
 
prisonermonkeys
If they don't bring transporters, they're going to have a hard time getting from the airport to the circuit.

Yes, they will bring everything. They already do it for the New Zealand and Abu Dhabi rounds, and when the series when to China and Bahrain, they took everything there, too. So I don't see why that would suddenly change for Austin.

Well WRC doesn't always bring all their stuff to Mexico and seems a lot pallet all their stuff up and at airport load them on trailers to track. NASCAR didn't send all all its stuff over seas either. I was just wondering, but I could see leaving the tractors at home.
 
I thought for over seas races they pack everything into giant shipping containers? I'm sure there's a way to get everything from the airport to the track...
 
I thought for over seas races they pack everything into giant shipping containers? I'm sure there's a way to get everything from the airport to the track...

Yep thats exactly what they do except for NZ where they ship the transporters over.
 
I will be at the GC 600 for the weekend. If anybody else is going and would like to catch up for a drink, flick me a PM :cheers:
 
who is watching this atm. they need a nascar rolling start at the gold coast
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back