Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,056 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Datsun, Holden and Ford in V8's... and Mercedes.

76586_408128292575746_1433197706_n.jpg


This a fake? Official? Or artist impression?
 
Fake.

Edit: And why does everyone insist on calling them Datsun? :odd:
 
It's no Holden/Ford but I can dig it. I wish they had done better colors to show off the lines though because it is hard to see front details for me (granted I'm on a phone).

Kelly racing is only team running them correct?
 
Not to shabby 👍
 
Yes, so 4:30 my time like I kind of figured. :p

:lol:

Looks great. Although the big Nissan badge sort of ruins the front, in my opinion.
Nice DATSUN,Thelma Bullpit would love it,Ted wouldnt though,Kingswood should be in GT5/6

Nice, Kingswood Country reference. :lol:
I'm still a Holden fan though. :p

👍
Kelly racing is only team running them correct?

Yep, Kelly Racing is the only Nissan team and they will be running 4 Altima's next year.
 
The Nissan looks good. 👍

 
really noobish of me to ask but where can i find a stream live for abu dhabi seeing as i dont have 7MATE ?? pigboy was it you who streamed the telecast ??
 
More manufacturers are a welcome sight, now it would be great if there was some incentive to get Holden teams to switch.

The number of Holdens in the field is just massive. And I'd personally like to see BJR run Fords again however unlikely.
 
That's because Holden give money to the teams to help support them, ford only help a couple of teams that's why 888 switch because ford stopped giving funding.
 
Whewn i was a boy we called them DATSUNS.Loved me 200B coupe though,had 3 200B sedans,best air-con ive seen in the red 200B,a mate flogged a 120Y every day for years,i dont know how i survived and now 120Y's are classics to me & friends,especially sky blue or mustard wagons and all fastbacks.Thats why i MUST always call them DATSUNS :)

really noobish of me to ask but where can i find a stream live for abu dhabi seeing as i dont have 7MATE ?? pigboy was it you who streamed the telecast ??
Yes,its me Enforcer.Sundays race is on channel 7,70,71.Only saturdays race is on 7mate because of the Melbourne cup carnival :(.I lost me home internet connection for now,will be back within 7 days i hope,i have mobile broadband and it has trouble getting me into GT5 seasonals!!!!
As pigboy once said "ILL BE BACK"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I like it too, and yes, it is very unfortunate about the name on the window. Would've preferred SBR going to Nissan and the Kellys going Merc, but you can't win them all.
 
I would have preferred the Kellys going somewhere else entirely.

Honestly, I don't know what Nissan are playing at. They're backing four cars, and the Kellys will be driving two of them. James Moffat (and sponsor Norton) is believed to be driving a third car, and the fourth remains undecided. At this rate, Nissan would get a better return on their investment by burning the money.

What they should have done is arranged to get Michael Caruso, Fabian Coulthard, Tim Slade and Jonathon Webb into one team if they could manage it (merging GRM and Tekno into one team, then pinching Coulthard from BJR and Slade from SBR would have been the easiest way forward), because then they would actually have a competitive line-up.
 
I would have preferred the Kellys going somewhere else entirely.

Honestly, I don't know what Nissan are playing at. They're backing four cars, and the Kellys will be driving two of them. James Moffat (and sponsor Norton) is believed to be driving a third car, and the fourth remains undecided. At this rate, Nissan would get a better return on their investment by burning the money.

What they should have done is arranged to get Michael Caruso, Fabian Coulthard, Tim Slade and Jonathon Webb into one team if they could manage it (merging GRM and Tekno into one team, then pinching Coulthard from BJR and Slade from SBR would have been the easiest way forward), because then they would actually have a competitive line-up.

Easiest way?? Doesnt sound easy at all. Their driver lineup is still not confirmed yet so the Kellys could still get some gun drivers.
 
I would have preferred the Kellys going somewhere else entirely.

:lol:
James Moffat (and sponsor Norton) is believed to be driving a third car

First I've heard about Moffat. I read a while back that DJR would possibly be down sizing to 2 cars next year with Paul Morris taking his REC somewhere else. I naturally thought though, Dean Fiore would be the odd man out, not Moffat.
 
Moffat competes in car #18. Charlie Schwerkolt is taking the #18 REC to Ford Performance Racing next year so that they may run a fourth car. Moffat is not guaranteed a drive there, and so Norton is said to be talking with Nissan and Kelly Racing.
 
yer pigboy my antenna is screwed... i dont know whether its the coax from the areial or the amplifier in it but i get ABC1 pefectly Seven is good but snowy thats the only channels it picks up i tried a different coaxial cable and i got the opposite channel 9 and TEN but i dont know.... at least i'll get saturday.... well half of saturday

Sat 3 Nov 5pm-8pm 7 MATE QUALIFYING, RACES 24/25
Sun 4 Nov 3pm-5pm 7 SEVEN HIGHLIGHTS, RACES 24/25
Sun 4 Nov 8pm-9:30pm 7 MATE RACE 26 – LIVE
Mon 5 Nov 3pm-4:30pm 7 MATE REPLAY OF RACE 26
 
Video of the Altima's shakedown:



It looks even better in motion.

Meanwhile, Tonio Liuzzi wants to race in V8 Supercars if he can't get a Formula 1 drive next year. He's looking at a Sandown/Bathurst partnership, but he's also interested in a full-time drive if he can get it. He'd be considerably less of a risk than Premat, given that he was doing very well with Tony d'Alberto in Surfers before they were forced out for the weekend, and he finished second in his maiden season of the Superstars Series.
 
I agree again, it looks fantastic 👍 Doesn't sound very Nissan-y though, which resulted in a huge lolwat moment - my eyes were seeing a four-door Nissan sedan and my ears were hearing what amounted to a southern hemisphere NASCAR!
 
I have to say this weekends race looks amazing too bad no live stream. The track for some reason is mindblowing to me.
 
The track for some reason is mindblowing to me.
STOP THE PRESS!

We finally found someone who thinks Abu Dhabi is a good circuit!

That was $400 million well spent.
 
Last edited:
I agree again, it looks fantastic 👍 Doesn't sound very Nissan-y though, which resulted in a huge lolwat moment - my eyes were seeing a four-door Nissan sedan and my ears were hearing what amounted to a southern hemisphere NASCAR!

Still has that glorious V8 Supercar sound though, which is great. 👍
 
STOP THE PRESS!

We finally found someone who thinks Abu Dhabi is a good circuit!

That was $400 million well spent.

Call me weird but it just looks good. It is different than what any other circuit to me and the way it is setup is pretty interesting from colors to pit lane to what's around it.

I have a thing for bright tracks and night racing or modern places, just like COTA grew on me fast once paint started being laid down.
 
It might look good, but the circuit is horrid. It's a modern tragedy - they quite literally had blank slate when it came time to design the circuit, because Yas Island itself is reclaimed from the sea. They could have built anything ... and they made something banal and uninspiring.

Also, Michael Caruso appears set to join Kelly Racing.
 
prisonermonkeys
It might look good, but the circuit is horrid. It's a modern tragedy - they quite literally had blank slate when it came time to design the circuit, because Yas Island itself is reclaimed from the sea. They could have built anything ... and they made something banal and uninspiring.

Also, Michael Caruso appears set to join Kelly Racing.

I guess we will have to disagree because I like it but that's me.
 
Well, those races were thoroughly boring. Apart from some mid-pack battles, it was not the race for the front I might have expected. I've now come to the opinion that Abu Dhabi really kills any good racing for any series, not just V8s or F1.
 
I'm already over this season. Whincup is going to win the championship.

Bring on 2013.
 
That90sGuy
Well, those races were thoroughly boring. Apart from some mid-pack battles, it was not the race for the front I might have expected. I've now come to the opinion that Abu Dhabi really kills any good racing for any series, not just V8s or F1.

Ok I take back my comment on racing there. I like the style of how the track is with everything around it and colors but the racing is pretty bland.

I really hope COTA doesn't turn out to be the same.
 
Which is a shame, because the start of the season was so promising.

I know! Was stoked to see FPR doing so well, not just because they are my favorite team, but because there were actually other cars up front winning races. And the battles for the race wins, several gems at the start of the season, and since then it's mostly been a one car affair up front. (excluding Bathurst)

I'm just excited to see Nissan and Mercedes out there next year. Plus with the new COTF chassis I think it might even things out a bit...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back