Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,056 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just excited to see Nissan and Mercedes out there next year. Plus with the new COTF chassis I think it might even things out a bit...

Here's hoping, because honestly I couldn't care less about the remainder of this year anymore.
 
Last edited:
Why does everyone hate the Vodafone cars?
 
MÜLE_9242
Why does everyone hate the Vodafone cars?

I don't like the schemes other than being bright, and wish other teams were able to dominate as much.
 
MÜLE_9242;7784818
Why does everyone hate the Vodafone cars?

When your team tells you to take other drivers out just to win? There's one reason. Also, as Wilbur said...domination. Same reason I quit watching WRC, got tired of watching Loeb win.

I don't like the schemes other than being bright, and wish other teams were able to dominate as much.

They'll be in Red Bull colors next year I believe.
 
MÜLE_9242;7784818
Why does everyone hate the Vodafone cars?

I love them :sly:

Jamie Whincup only needs to score 4 more points than Winterbottom to seal the championship next round at Winton.
 
One of the greatest bathurst winners is up for sale, wonder if I have enough stuffed down the back of the sofa for it....

If memory serves me correctly that's been up for sale for a while hasn't it? (maybe I'm thinking of the '97 car). Anyway, I wonder if they would accept monopoly money. :dopey:
MÜLE_9242;7784818
Why does everyone hate the Vodafone cars?

As other people have said domination. Their lead driver Jamie Whincup is about to wrap up his 4th championship in 5 years. :yawn:
 
R1600Turbo
When your team tells you to take other drivers out just to win? There's one reason. Also, as Wilbur said...domination. Same reason I quit watching WRC, got tired of watching Loeb win.

They'll be in Red Bull colors next year I believe.

I still like WRC and Loeb but I prefer the Ford teams, and one mini driver. Domination is never good for any sport period.

RedBull colors you say? Doesn't that go against current JW sponsor! I will have to say I normally pull for any RedBull teams just because but it's getting harder and harder.
 
RedBull colors you say? Doesn't that go against current JW sponsor! I will have to say I normally pull for any RedBull teams just because but it's getting harder and harder.

Monster isn't sponsoring him anymore, for obvious reasons.

Red-Bull-V8-Supercar.jpg
 
Thanks for info, I'm out of the loop since I didnt start following with any sure thing til Bathurst this year. I just don't like Triple 8 but do like another Holden driver Tander (not sure why either) but FPR is where my attention lies mainly. There is a tie between liveries I like though Bottle-O which I find awesome but simple and sleek and Pepsi Max which is all over the place! I'm odd I know.
 
Wilbur
Thanks for info, I'm out of the loop since I didnt start following with any sure thing til Bathurst this year. I just don't like Triple 8 but do like another Holden driver Tander (not sure why either) but FPR is where my attention lies mainly. There is a tie between liveries I like though Bottle-O which I find awesome but simple and sleek and Pepsi Max which is all over the place! I'm odd I know.

A lot of people like the Pepsi cars. The 1 18 scale models of it fetch about 500USD now!
 
phil bell
A lot of people like the Pepsi cars. The 1 18 scale models of it fetch about 500USD now!

I'll pass! I can admire it on track.
 
I'm a Holden man through and through, but I cannot stand Jamie Whincup. Not just because of the domination on the racing category, but also because he is very rude (Personal Experience)

In a way I'm going to be sad to see the vodafone gone. It's a nice shade of red. Still by far not my fav. My top 5 liveries of all time
1. 2005 Supercheap livery
2. 2012 FPR Mark Winterbottom. That blue just gets me
3. 2012 HRT
4. 2002 Holden Young Lions Rick Kelly
5. 1999 HRT
 
Thanks for info, I'm out of the loop since I didnt start following with any sure thing til Bathurst this year. I just don't like Triple 8 but do like another Holden driver Tander (not sure why either) but FPR is where my attention lies mainly. There is a tie between liveries I like though Bottle-O which I find awesome but simple and sleek and Pepsi Max which is all over the place! I'm odd I know.

No problem mate, always happy to help out when I can. 👍

I mentioned this before in this thread, but I'm a bias HRT fan, have been for pretty much my entire life. I guess growing up in a house that worshipped Peter Brock, I had little choice. :lol:
 
Spacegoat
No problem mate, always happy to help out when I can. 👍

I mentioned this before in this thread, but I'm a bias HRT fan, have been for pretty much my entire life. I guess growing up in a house that worshipped Peter Brock, I had little choice. :lol:

I do like then too, its just triple 8
 
I'm a Holden man through and through, but I cannot stand Jamie Whincup. Not just because of the domination on the racing category, but also because he is very rude (Personal Experience)

In a way I'm going to be sad to see the vodafone gone. It's a nice shade of red. Still by far not my fav. My top 5 liveries of all time
1. 2005 Supercheap livery
2. 2012 FPR Mark Winterbottom. That blue just gets me
3. 2012 HRT
4. 2002 Holden Young Lions Rick Kelly
5. 1999 HRT

Ive met Whincup several times and has never been rude to me??
 
If memory serves me correctly that's been up for sale for a while hasn't it? (maybe I'm thinking of the '97 car). Anyway, I wonder if they would accept monopoly money. :dopey:

It's the 97 that was up for sale, if the 95 was the same cost as what the 97 was up for then I would currently be on a plane over to buy it! : lol: brocks 91 vn is also for sale just now.
 
I'm curious about something if there will be team stuff at race in Texas? I really hope to pick up few shirts and some 1/64th diecast! Hopefully isn't outrageous either.
 
Ive met Whincup several times and has never been rude to me??
This years Hamilton 400. Friday. Both he and Craig are walking to a drivers signing session. We waited for a very long time only to find out that you had buy tickets. To which by then had subseqeuntly sold out. Ok that's cool, so we walk back to the pit area and catch Jamie and Craig in passing. A friend of mine sees them, walks over to them and as politely as anyone can when in the presence of Australaisian Dynasty, she says "Excuse me. I know you are headed to your drivers signing, but could I please have your signatures as we were turned away?" Jamie didn't even stop he walked straight into her not quite knocking her off her feet. Craig stops, looks at Jamie with a "WTF" look on his face. Jamie didn't apologize. He just kept walking
 
This years Hamilton 400. Friday. Both he and Craig are walking to a drivers signing session. We waited for a very long time only to find out that you had buy tickets. To which by then had subseqeuntly sold out. Ok that's cool, so we walk back to the pit area and catch Jamie and Craig in passing. A friend of mine sees them, walks over to them and as politely as anyone can when in the presence of Australaisian Dynasty, she says "Excuse me. I know you are headed to your drivers signing, but could I please have your signatures as we were turned away?" Jamie didn't even stop he walked straight into her not quite knocking her off her feet. Craig stops, looks at Jamie with a "WTF" look on his face. Jamie didn't apologize. He just kept walking

WOW! Now that is pretty rude, never fails some drivers are douche's.
 
This years Hamilton 400. Friday. Both he and Craig are walking to a drivers signing session. We waited for a very long time only to find out that you had buy tickets. To which by then had subseqeuntly sold out. Ok that's cool, so we walk back to the pit area and catch Jamie and Craig in passing. A friend of mine sees them, walks over to them and as politely as anyone can when in the presence of Australaisian Dynasty, she says "Excuse me. I know you are headed to your drivers signing, but could I please have your signatures as we were turned away?" Jamie didn't even stop he walked straight into her not quite knocking her off her feet. Craig stops, looks at Jamie with a "WTF" look on his face. Jamie didn't apologize. He just kept walking

That made me lol because it reminded me of this

 
Now that will be very weird to see Monster helmet in RedBull car. I have a feeling RedBull will step in and pay Monster for remaining portion of contract.
 
Yes I was not pleased about that situation. I have much more respect for Craig Lowndes as he stopped and had a chat with us. Holdenhsvgtsr That vid is not quite exactly what happened. Jamie turned around to see what he'd did and then proceeded to walk away.
 
Those driver signing booths are a bit silly, can remember the first year they came to Pukekohe, where armed with a vivid during a pit walk got a few signatures on my HRT shirt including Lowndes (during his time with Ford) Steve Johnson and Jason Richards (R.I.P) it was a simpler time (can still remember being behind Brad Jones in the queue for the trackside food truck :) no special catering back then
 
Spent all day that Friday (While holding my gut not realizing I had appendicitis at the time) in pit lane Got every single drivers signature along with Skaife, Dick Johnson, Paul Morris and Mark Larkham. I too remember those simpler times. The worst signatures to get were Courtneys and Whincups
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back