[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,154 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
The VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series is proud to announce a two year agreement to see Road America as a venue for the series. Road America is a place of prestige and beauty in the United States, and we look forward to a wonderful future with the residents of Elkhart Lake and the track promoters.
 
Just reiterating the deadline for cars is October 31st if you want your cars in the Monster Shootout because that race is being run November 1st to give plenty of time for editing before broadcasting.
 
Just reiterating the deadline for cars is October 31st if you want your cars in the Monster Shootout because that race is being run November 1st to give plenty of time for editing before broadcasting.
Angel, at what time the broadcasting will ocurr? My timezone is in British Summer Time.
 
Angel, at what time the broadcasting will ocurr? My timezone is in British Summer Time.
It wouldn't matter if I'm posting it to YouTube.
 
The following drivers have been removed from the series roster:
BayneHamlin1121 (Withdrew)
Arixant (Withdrew)
rallymorten (Removed, Deadline Not Fulfilled)

I have the cars for the following teams:
Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing
NCTX Motorsport
Cat Devil Racing
Ecurie Ecosse

Again, deadline for cars for the Monster Shootout is October 31st. Deadline for cars for season start is November 7th.
 
You will be getting three more cars tonight.
 
​

Cherokee Motorsports - 08/7/2015 , 2:00 PM CDST*

Team Kate Upton - TBA

Perl Speed GP - TBA

Harsk World Motorsport - TBA

Swift Autosport - TBA

Scuderia Rabia Furiosa - TBA

Legacy Racing - TBA

Mugen - TBA

Martini Racing - TBA

Autosport Racing - TBA

Standard Motorsports - TBA​


Thanks to early preperations as well as a surprise appearance, we'll have our first dual presentations at the following times:

Cherokee Motorsports - 08/05/2015 , 12:00 PM CDST

Agaton Team - 08/05/15, 12:30 PM CDST


Remaining team conferences:


Team Kate Upton - TBA

Perl Speed GP - TBA

Harsk World Motorsport - TBA

Swift Autosport - Pending

Scuderia Rabia Furiosa - TBA

Legacy Racing - TBA

Mugen - Pending

Martini Racing - Pending

Standard Motorsports - TBA


Pending = Date to be announced very soon
 
Last edited:
Cherokee Motorsports becomes fifth team to unveil its cars for the Straight Talk Indycar Series​

Cherokee Motorsports Logo.png


Today, the wraps come off the 5th batch of completed Indycars as Cherokee Motorsports unveils its cars for the inaugural VRR Straight Talk Indycar Series.​


Behrrin Presentation.png


The team announces Pennzoil as the primary sponsor on the #95 for the season.

Clayton Hardy Presentation.png


The team announces Mcdonalds as the primary sponsor on the #96 for the season.

Raven214 Presentation.png


The team announces the ALS Foundation as the primary sponsor on the #97 for the season.​
 
Agaton Team becomes Sixth team to unveil its cars for the Straight Talk Indycar Series

Agaton Team Logo.png

Earth Presentation.png



Today, the wraps come off another completed Indycar as Agaton Team unveils its car for the inaugural VRR Straight Talk Indycar Series. The team announces Texaco Havoline as its Primary sponsor for the season​

 
Last edited:
The problem of the number has been solved, so, I hope that it is accepted this time.

#78 Harsk's Dallara2.png
 

Attachments

The problem of the number has been solved, so, I hope that it is accepted this time.

View attachment 425380
No, you placed the number in the wrong place. The other winglet is right below the nose tip. It's a quick fix.
 
Meanwhile, I'll have some time to work on my livery today. Not that I completely forgot about finishing it or anything...
So, you mean on the middle of these wings, right?

I think it's going to be in the right side.
 
I think it's going to be in the right side.
I don't think so... Let's wait for Angel's answer if the number must be on the right or the left side.
 
I don't think so... Let's wait for Angel's answer if the number must be on the right or the left side.
I already did if you paid attention...
Not quite. Below the nose on the far right. Keep the numbers already where they are. Where AJHG circled, put it on the right side of that
 
Summer cleaning as far as the dusting off the cobwebs go. How's everyone's cars going along? Also...
The 2016 season is under preparations, but the future is always in sight. As Audi, Chevrolet and Honda prepare the naturally aspirated V8 engines for 2016, two more engine manufacturers have been approved to join the series for 2017. Ferrari and Nissan will be joining the hunt.
 
The 2016 season is under preparations, but the future is always in sight. As Audi, Chevrolet and Honda prepare the naturally aspirated V8 engines for 2016, two more engine manufacturers have been approved to join the series for 2017. Ferrari and Nissan will be joining the hunt.
Welp, I know what I'm switching to next season.
 
Welp, I know what I'm switching to next season.
Black Rose Racing Team is switching to Ferrari as a factory team.
 
So much for Cat Devil Racing staying together for 2017 :lol:
Can we keep 2017 silly season to a minimum until we get 2016 going?
 
The thread fell out of my notifications, I now notice there are 2? full-time spots available, if my count is correct. I would like to take one of those for myself as being full time, and I'm going to search for a team-mate to run with me unless someone else takes the last one before I can.

Edit: I'll be resubmitting my driver performance statistics so that I don't finish stone dead last on anything but a superspeedway.
 
Last edited:
Ecurie Ecosse have recently completed a productive data gathering session at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park after setting up their base outside Toronto. Gary Slater completed over 120 laps running in the Audi powertrain as the team commits to a 3 year supply deal with Ingolstadt. VRR Network caught up with Gary and team principal Steven McTavish;

VRR: Your team has recently confirmed a 3 year deal for Audi engines covering the 2016 to 2018 seasons. Why choose these engines?

Steven McTavish: We've seen how reliable Audi's engines have proven to be in international sportscar racing and we are all confident they can deliver a powerful combination wth the DW12 chassis. Chevrolet and Honda may have more experience, but we still hope to be competitive.

VRR: Gary, how do you feel the test went judging by the mileage you put in?

Gary Slater: We felt the test was very successful and we gathered plentiful amounts of data on how the Audi powerplant is performing. We only had a few electrical niggles with it being an all new engine in this type of chassis, but those were easily rectified. We now intend to focus our efforts on the upcoming Monster Shootout.

VRR: How do you feel about the Honda Indy Toronto dropping off the calendar?

SMcT: We were all disappointed that Toronto had to be dropped as it was a very popular circuit with drivers and fans, but we accepted the decision and we are still glad that Indycar is still racing in Canada at Trois-Rivieres and here at Mosport.

VRR: This might be a bit early to ask, but are there any plans in place for 2017?

SMcT: The team is looking to expand to 2 cars next season and we hope to begin negotiations to find a driver during the second half of the 2016 season.

VRR: Gary, is there any particular driver you would wish to have as your teammate?

GS: Initially, I hope we can speak to Michael White after his run with NCTX to see if we can encourage him to run a full season with us next year. I doubt we could lure drivers like Stephanie Porter or Sebastian Devereux over from Coca-Cola-BRRT as I assume they would be on a multi-year contract lockdown. It's a shame, but that's what happens.

VRR: One last question for you, how are you preparing for the oval races in the season?

SMcT: Gary will be doing some racing in stock cars to get used to the high speed tension that oval racing will bring.

VRR: Thank you for your time gentlemen.

GS & SMcT: You're welcome.
 
Last edited:
Back