[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,163 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Looking good guys.


We really need a list of who's doing what races so some unlucky soul doesn't end up doing the logo for the exact same one.
 
Looking good guys.


We really need a list of who's doing what races so some unlucky soul doesn't end up doing the logo for the exact same one.

List of banners I want to do most:
Audi GP of Bowmanville (home town race just sayin)
Harley Davidson GP of Elkhart Lake
Nestle Indy GP of Nogaro

List of ones that I have some interest in doing:
Cleveland Duals
Audi Indy 300 Lausitzring
VRR World Championships
 
Give me whatever you want. I'll get it done. 👍
 
As far as Indy and Auto Club are concerned, it's a competition. The others are as you guys want. It is important to note that an exhibition GTPlanet Indy Grand Prix of Long Beach has been thrown in and Kansas has been replaced by Milwaukee. Those changes are in the OP.

Inviting people to boost the field up for Indianapolis. @RedDragon @quietgirl @GremlinWon @Silver Wing @CodDemon101
 
@BRRT_Angel
upload_2015-8-19_3-29-41.png
 
That's 3, 2 more and we have the perfect number, as of now each of us would be making 8 logos

What about now with what looks to be 6 willing people?
 
What about now with what looks to be 6 willing people?
We should be golden, you want to do the honors of making a conversation so that we can organize the process in one place?
 
We should be golden, you want to do the honors of making a conversation so that we can organize the process in one place?

Sure, I'll get on that.

Edit: Convo has been made.
 
Last edited:
Count of cars I have received is up to 20! This means that I no longer have to rely on the default cars to run tests. First test with the actual cars happens at this small little track called Richmond. For those that are Indy 500 only drivers (@Whitetail and @Earth ) I will give you guys a set of default ratings until the season starts. The field for the Dover test looks like this...
#2: Thomas Rogers -- @tbwhhs
#5: Mohammad Ahmed -- @Smurfybug
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou -- @Earth
#7: Evangeline Porter -- @BRRT_Angel
#9: Michael White -- @Whitetail
#10: Gary Slater -- @AudiMan2011
#14: Jacob Birmingham -- @vetteman24
#19: Camyron Jackson -- @RACECAR
#22: Jacob Descoteau -- @GTRacer22
#27: Aaron van der Linden -- @aarror
#50: Matthew Evans -- @swiftsmith
#55: Ryan Perlstein -- @catamount39
#77: Stephanie Porter -- @amaterasu
#79: B.K. Glover -- @BKGlover
#80: Sebastian Devereux -- @nascarfan1400
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a -- @KuniKino****a
#95: Behrris Windross -- @NearCptNitro
#96: Clayton Hardy -- @Clayton Hardy
#97: Jett Raven -- @raven214
#99: Steven Gnash -- @DCybertron
The race will be 200 miles long and will hopefully be recorded sometime soon. No promises because I might blow a gasket trying to figure out this stuff.
 
Count of cars I have received is up to 20! This means that I no longer have to rely on the default cars to run tests. First test with the actual cars happens at this small little track called Richmond. For those that are Indy 500 only drivers (@Whitetail and @Earth ) I will give you guys a set of default ratings until the season starts. The field for the Dover test looks like this...
#2: Thomas Rogers -- @tbwhhs
#5: Mohammad Ahmed -- @Smurfybug
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou -- @Earth
#7: Evangeline Porter -- @BRRT_Angel
#9: Michael White -- @Whitetail
#10: Gary Slater -- @AudiMan2011
#14: Jacob Birmingham -- @vetteman24
#19: Camyron Jackson -- @RACECAR
#22: Jacob Descoteau -- @GTRacer22
#27: Aaron van der Linden -- @aarror
#50: Matthew Evans -- @swiftsmith
#55: Ryan Perlstein -- @catamount39
#77: Stephanie Porter -- @amaterasu
#79: B.K. Glover -- @BKGlover
#80: Sebastian Devereux -- @nascarfan1400
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a -- @KuniKino****a
#95: Behrris Windross -- @NearCptNitro
#96: Clayton Hardy -- @Clayton Hardy
#97: Jett Raven -- @raven214
#99: Steven Gnash -- @DCybertron
The race will be 200 miles long and will hopefully be recorded sometime soon. No promises because I might blow a gasket trying to figure out this stuff.
Better get some replacement gaskets then. :lol: (I'm about to fall asleep standing up I couldn't help it lol)
 
Last edited:
Richmond race will be extended to a feature length, which for ovals is 300 miles.
 
Race over. Was very, very good. There were three dominant cars and none of them won. In fact, the driver that won spent over half of the race a lap down or more.

Still looking for Indy 500 entries, by the way.
 
Last edited:
Going to do another oval test before we do a couple of road courses. This will be held at arguably one of the fastest one mile ovals in North America. We're talking Dover, and as with Richmond, the race will be 300 miles. The 20 car grid is the same as before since I haven't received any cars.
#2: Thomas Rogers
#5: Mohammad Ahmed
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou
#7: Evangeline Porter
#9: Michael White
#10: Gary Slater
#14: Jacob Birmingham
#19: Camyron Jackson
#22: Jacob Descoteau
#27: Aaron van der Linden
#50: Matthew Evans
#55: Ryan Perlstein
#77: Stephanie Porter
#79: B.K. Glover
#80: Sebastian Devereux
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a
#95: Behrris Windross
#96: Clayton Hardy
#97: Jett Raven
#99: Steven Gnash

I am planning on beginning recording of the Richmond race on Saturday with an aim to have it posted on the VRR YouTube channel Tuesday.
 
These races are really good. I'm shocked how unpredictable they've been. Audi, Chevrolet, and Honda have all been mixing it up.
 
Dover was a catastophic failure. None of the cars made it to lap 100. So, picking a replacement, I'm going with Texas Motor Speedway. That race will be on Saturday, so if anyone has cars ready, send them in!
 
Dover was a catastophic failure. None of the cars made it to lap 100. So, picking a replacement, I'm going with Texas Motor Speedway. That race will be on Saturday, so if anyone has cars ready, send them in!
Use that .ini Jahgee showed me from NNRacing. The speeds are default like 230. Play with the drag and you can get really nice racing at the real speeds.
 
Going to share some preliminary 2017 plans since we're in down time. 30 points paying events, 2 exhibition races and a test. Of those 30 points races, 6 belong to double header weekends. Schedule goes from early February to late October.
 
I've been quite busy with university and social life but my template will most likely be ready tonight or early tomorrow in case I get interrumpted.

(I mentioned RACECAR that it would be ready by today, but I wasn't considering my social life :P)
 
I guess if there are any Honda teams who want another driver for the Indy 500 I'm open to joining up with them.

@BRRT_Angel just let me know what I have to do as far as signing up for it.
 
I guess if there are any Honda teams who want another driver for the Indy 500 I'm open to joining up with them.

@BRRT_Angel just let me know what I have to do as far as signing up for it.
As far as Indy 500 goes, there is a Chevrolet engine available and 5 Honda engines available. There are still two full time Honds engines available. So we'll start there first.
 
Then I guess that I'll sign up for a full season using Honda then:dopey:

Umm... let's see

Bauer RTi Team NZ-Honda
#67:
Jamie Ngaire-Jardine/NZL/Bauer Hockey/All

This plus the form should be it for signing up right? Other than the livery/ies of course

Oh, and the series logo for the liveries? Sorry, I'm just trying to get things together :)
 
Last edited:
Then I guess that I'll sign up for a full season using Honda then:dopey:

Umm... let's see

Bauer RTi Team NZ-Honda
#67:
Jamie Ngaire-Jardine/NZL/Bauer Hockey/All

This plus the form should be it for signing up right? Other than the livery/ies of course
That would do it.
 
Then I guess that I'll sign up for a full season using Honda then:dopey:

Umm... let's see

Bauer RTi Team NZ-Honda
#67:
Jamie Ngaire-Jardine/NZL/Bauer Hockey/All

This plus the form should be it for signing up right? Other than the livery/ies of course

Oh, and the series logo for the liveries? Sorry, I'm just trying to get things together :)
Actually, you need to fill out the driver stats sheet in the OP. You can determine things like aggression, pit crew ratings and that stuff. You have 800 points to spread across 11 different items. @Whitetail and @nascarfan1400 need to do theirs as well.
 
Back