[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,215 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Reporter: "And here comes Del Prete coming out of the trailer. Del Prete you've been with the medics for a little bit, how are you feeling?"
Del Prete: Surprisingly fine. A little pain in my back but medics say it's nothing too serious.
Reporter: What exactly happened?
Del Prete: Well we had a crash up ahead and I attempted to brake, next thing I know I was airborne.
Reporter: Was it because of Ahmed?
Del Prete: Nope. After looking at this extensively, it looks like I hit some sort of lip in the wall that was a little too far out. I can't say for sure though.
Reporter: What about your teammates?
Del Prete: What about them? One didn't qualify, I wrecked, Jesus blew a camshaft, and Nico got into an accident. TKU as a whole did terrible here.
Reporter: Anything else you would like to say?
Del Prete: Yeah. Tell that commentator team they keep messing up my name.
Reporter: We'll send them the memo. Thanks for your time.
Del Prete: No problem.
 
Reporter: "And here comes Del Prete coming out of the trailer. Del Prete you've been with the medics for a little bit, how are you feeling?"
Del Prete: Surprisingly fine. A little pain in my back but medics say it's nothing too serious.
Reporter: What exactly happened?
Del Prete: Well we had a crash up ahead and I attempted to brake, next thing I know I was airborne.
Reporter: Was it because of Ahmed?
Del Prete: Nope. After looking at this extensively, it looks like I hit some sort of lip in the wall that was a little too far out. I can't say for sure though.
Reporter: What about your teammates?
Del Prete: What about them? One didn't qualify, I wrecked, Jesus blew a camshaft, and Nico got into an accident. TKU as a whole did terrible here.
Reporter: Anything else you would like to say?
Del Prete: Yeah. Tell that commentator team they keep messing up my name.
Reporter: We'll send them the memo. Thanks for your time.
Del Prete: No problem.
I've heard two different pronunciations. I always thought it was a flat e sound, but they make it sound like it's Preet.
 
VRR Reporter: I'm here with Gary Slater, who's just been released from the medical centre after a hard crash at the Indy 500 which involved himself as well as Ryan Perlstein, Henna Venalainen and B.K Glover. What exactly happened, Gary?

Gary Slater: I was watching Ryan on my inside when Lucas suddenly decided to make it 3 wide in Turn 2 and just clouted Ryan into me. Once Glover spun across my front, I was really just a passenger.

VRR Reporter: Do you reckon the crash could've been avoided?

GS: Oh yeah definitely. If Lucas had any concept of spacial awareness, he wouldn't have even tried to make it 3 wide. It was a s:censored:t move on his part. If he backed off, then we could've made it through but he just punted Ryan up into my side and carried on like it was nothing.

VRR Reporter: It's not been a good start to the VRR STICS season for you, how will you look to progress in the new year?

GS: We'll mainly be testing new engine components during our 3 day test at Sebring later this month as we'll need to focus on reliability of the Audi unit. We'll need to run more simulation data for hot weather running before we head to Australia as the Sonoma test in January won't yield really reliable data.

VRR Reporter: Thank you for your time.

GS: Thank you.

Tensions were rife between Polaris Motorsports and Ecurie Ecosse after the VRR Indianapolis 500 as drivers Gary Slater and Lucas Larese were seen arguing with each other following the lap 83 crash that saw Slater retire from the race.

Whilst the two didn't come to physical blows, they still had to be restrained by team personnel as the fiery Scot blamed Larese for causing the multi-car crash before being led away back to his own trailer.
 
I've heard two different pronunciations. I always thought it was a flat e sound, but they make it sound like it's Preet.
The e is the same as in elephant. Nas keeps saying it as if the e is the one found in sleet. It's a minor annoyance, but nothing too major.
 
Made edits to my post. X and Y clearly can't drive (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! xD ). :p
 
The e is the same as in elephant. Nas keeps saying it as if the e is the one found in sleet. It's a minor annoyance, but nothing too major.
So I was right. Ha! I'll send that little tidbit to them.
 
News Reporter: Angel, it seems to be bittersweet, but a top 10 finish after a long day, and three Black Rose Racing cars in the top 10. How was the day overall?
Angel Porter: It was strenuous to say the least. Involved in that early accident and it bowed the rear tire in. We spent a lot of time chasing that. Then the car went away and we chased that. The final 50 laps seemed great. The car was in fantastic shape then, but we were already 3 laps down, and battling for scraps was the best we could do.
NR: One of your long time adversaries are in Gasoline Alley right now. But you have Andrew Draco who battled all the way to second. How are you on his performance?
AP: I have to tip my hat to Kuni. She survived it all better than anyone else, and she deserves to be there. But Andy, man, the guy's fast. Not just speed wise, but the way he adapts to everything, and the feedback he gives to the team, he's an asset. Second place on Indy debut is stellar. He's going places, no problem.
NR: A lot of scary accidents today. Any thoughts on those?
AP: These cars have come a very long way, and safety is I think as good as it will get. We know the dangers and some played with fire and made it out fine. The cars stood to every test thrown at them and a lot of them took a beating before throwing in the towel. We can take scarier. We don't want to see it, but we can place more confidence in knowing that these type of accidents won't put someone out of action.
NR: You finished 7th today, your best finish here. Any relief knowing that you are getting better here?
AP: I think so. I have to thank Coca-Cola, WWE, Toshiba, and everyone that sponsors these Black Rose Racing cars because having 5 cars here made it so much easier to prepare. That I think made my job today a lot easier to go through. We had so much information to use, and we needed it.
NR: Angel Porter, 7th place finish today. Thank you.
AP: No problem.
 
VRR Reporter: Cliff, could we have a few words please?
Lagueux: Of course, just give me a few minutes to catch my breath. *walks around the car in amazement while mumbling*

Okay, I think I'm ready now.
VRR: Clearly you're still thinking about lap 176, could you tell us what you're thinking and what you saw?
CL: I just know I was shuffled out of line and I was trying to just hold a line because I knew I was just going to end up at the back of the pack. *takes large swig of beer* By the way, thanks Molson for providing me this beer, it's really helping right now. Anyway, I was just trying to keep it together and let everyone by and then Alan just nosed in on the outside at the last second. I tried to give him room but we just sort of touched and went straight for the wall. Then right after we hit the wall I got spun around and he whacked me really good, then magically I was going straight again. I feel pretty bad about that whole thing though because my car just wasn't handling that great and I ended up getting their positions at the end of the race somewhat because of it.
*swigs again*
I'm just amazed that the car still kept on going after 2 solid impacts like it went through, like look at this thing, you'd think I came from the state demolition derby, not the Indy 500. So, Honda and Dallara, keep sending us tanks like these and we'll see if we can get a win for you.
VRR: So apart from that wreck, how was your day?
CL: Well, as you know it started rather well. We qualified 9th, which was awesome, but it didn't really mean much because we dropped back so darned far that it didn't matter. The car was pretty bad most of the race, it just didn't go through the corners like most of the other cars could. Which is how we ended up 5 laps down at the end of all this, but that's not to say I didn't learn anything because I very much did, 2016 is shaping up to be a decent year so hopefully we can move forward from here.
VRR: Thanks for your time.
CL: We'll see you around.
 
tumblr_mp8opd6Gd81qzrwfeo5_500.png
 
VRR Reporter: We are here with Nico Costa-Monteiro, driver of the #76 Burger King Dallara, who is still recovering from the vicious crash suffered during the Indianapolis 500 race. Nico, have you been cleared from the hospital?

Nico Costa-Monteiro: Yes, I have been cleared, no major career-ending injuries to report. I do have to wear a neck brace and I feel like Robocop, but it could've been far worse...

VRR: You were performing admirably, after a tough qualifying session. It was clear that TKU's mechanics had a field day working in your car, or did they not?

Nico: They did have a field day, but I have my teammates, @Jahgee and @DurWinning to thank for that. After qualifying, they offered me their race data and told my race engineer to "Work your magic and cook the burger properly". After that, I was definitely feeling that the car was far better in acceleration and top speed, while the handling was still stable and secure. Sadly, I wasn't able to take full advantage of their efforts.

VRR: Yes, Lap 112 marked the end of your race, with a very dangerous crash after contact with Michael White. It is rather ironic, since White is also your teammate in the GTPFS NR2003 series, as part of the Rubber Hunters Motorsports team...

Nico: Well, you know what they say, wise minds think alike... (laughs) But with all due honesty, I have to apologize to Michael for ruining his homecoming. I know how important it was for him to have a great race in front of his home crowd, and I nearly ended his own career by making contact with his car. There is only so much room for error when you are the middle of a three-car column, and I corrected my steering inputs far too much. Had I kept the car in a more straight line, I would've taken advantage of my top speed. Alas, it wasn't going to happen...

VRR: We won't take more of your time, Nico, thanks for giving us the time to let us know about your current condition.

I did insert a little reference to a real-life quote which is tied to an American open-wheel racing series within that interview... Can you tell which one it is? :sly:
 
Last edited:
VRR Reporter to Rivera: "Are you okay after that hard impact twice? Rivera: "Yeah We had a great car but we got a lap down so I was pushing then I went 3-Wide. A little touch got me and the 2 sideways,We both had it saved but I got finished off by a Red Car I rode the fence. We could have been alright but Clayton can't see and ran full speed in to the back of me. I'm okay. VRR Reporter to Team Boss David Rossi: " Your Team had a great chance of winning untill Larese Took out Montana under caution, How does that feel" Rossi : " Second time one of my cars got rammed into Today sucks because Montana was running great. "Let me stop before I say something that will get me in trouble!"
 
News Reporter: Jacob, Top 5 today. Thoughts?

Jacob Birmingham: If you were to tell me that I were to have a Top-5 Finish in the Indy 500 at the start of the week, I would have said you were crazy and laughed. But, this shows how hard the #14 Sprite CCBRR Chevy guys worked on the car and we had a plan and we stuck too it. Im a bit disappointed being one lap down but we kept the car clean and we finished were we did. Ovals were never my strong suit and I was really looking forward to the Road/Street circuits but this race defiantly boosted my confidence heading into 2016. I want to thank Sprite, Under Armour, and LCL for sponsoring me as well.

NR: Now, the Sonoma Test is up next, A Road Course you have not been to.

JB: Yeah, I have always wanted to race there but never had the opportunity here. Coming from DTM and F3 I have always raced on the European classic circuits such as the Nurburgring and Hockenheim, but when I came over a few years ago to run LMPC, they did not race at Sonoma. But I have been spending time in the sim in order to hopefully lay down a quick lap and run well in the test.

NR: Any update on 2017?

JB: No, I just hope that this race gets me noticed a bit more and a Top-5 might do that but only time will tell

NR: Thanks for your time

JB: Congrats to Kuni on the win, she was quick all week and survived the chaos the best. Cheers
 
First off, those still aren't the right cars. I think it's on me though, I didn't check the files before resending the zip. Still watching the race so aside from having that first lap stolen from me, I don't have much yet. Good commentary though.

@Angel sorry, I know these are the right cars.
 

Attachments

VRR Reporter: Here's Kunimitsu Kino****a, climbing out of her car, the new and now reigning Indianapolis 500 champion! VRR stated that it would let the driver that won determine the drinking celebration this year, and here comes the milk! The tradition continues at the Brickyard! Kuni, your 6th attempt at this race, you led 66 laps en route to this amazing win. How does it feel compared to everything else you've won before?
Kunimitsu Kino****a: *smiles and drinks milk* Oh, you have no idea how amazing this feels! I JUST WON THE INDY 500! *raises hand in the air in defiance* The triple crown is done and dusted now for me, and all of it just feels so surreal at the moment. *takes a deep breath* I have to thank the team, both here and in Japan for setting up the cars. My team faced a lot of adversity today. Camyron and I both led, and unfortunately he was crashed out. Henna and Steven had issues, but we pressed on and oh god, those last few laps under caution were agonizing. We had enough fuel to go 210 laps, but the emotions that came through...I've never cried in a race car until today! It feels so amazing to just be here and to win here is an amazingly bright highlight. I have to thank Sony, Pepsi, and Honda for their support and their belief in us. We're here!
VRR Reporter: You had a long day flirting in and around the top 10. What was it like when that big one with Jackson happened and you got tagged a little?
Kunimitsu Kino****a: It was nerve racking to say the least. It was good to know that Camyron had gotten out okay. I was scared. First time I've ever been this close, and it was terrifying when he tapped the front of the car. Any damage was easily fixed and we went back to an older adjustment we had used to charge to the front after that caution. Secretly it was a godsend.
VRR Reporter: We'll let you celebrate. You've earned it. Kunimitsu Kino****a, welcome to immortality!
Kunimitsu Kino****a: Thank you! *fist pumps before spraying the milk everywhere*

VRR Reporter: We now have Camyron Jackson just coming back from the Victory lane celebration with winner Kunimitsu Kino****a. First off, its amazing to see you here after what took place.

Camyron Jackson: Yeah, its as crazy as it looked. If anything, I was more worried for the other cars as I had no idea who else hit me or that I hit as I was just rolling so I'm glad to hear that as far as I know, no one was injured. I was pretty fine, got the wind knocked out of me but that's the worse that happened.

VRR Reporter: Describe the first half of the race, it didn't seem like you had much going at the time.


Camyron Jackson: It was basically the problem we had all week with pace and we just didn't have that great a setup at the beginning so I just concentrated on finish as best as possible.

VRR Reporter: As for the second half, you suddenly found some speed and were actually around the top 10 for abit. What lead to that sudden performance?


Camyron Jackson: I think because of the adjustment made to the shocks, the air pressures and the time of day just woke the car up finally. The attrition helped alittle, but I had speed that I hadn't had all week so that allowed us to go up the field and it was just incredible to have the lead and the speed I did with it.

VRR Reporter: Obviously, you did not finish the race but it took three wrecks to end your day. Can you describe what happened at all in any of those incidents?


Camyron Jackson: Well the first one is hard to grasp really. I was about to enter the corner with the same wide sweep I had been doing before as I actually found speed with it and suddenly, Sebastian was there. No idea what he was doing there but I just went for the ride and surprisingly, the car didn't actually feel all that bad. The next one I can only blame Laresse. Honestly, who looks at everyone else checking up and just guns it? I was even going to the wall to allow people to go inside and for him to hit several cars that slowed up and cause that was unacceptable. I only got some nose damage, which was repairable and the crew did a good job to fixing what the could. The final one, I slipped up alittle as I had abit of aero push and there was Evangeline on the inside. Can't really blame her for that one as I left a gap and the laps were winding down.

VRR Reporter:
A DNF was not what you wanted, but you seemed to have completely disregarded it.

Camyron Jackson: While my race was over along with my other teammates, the teams wasn't so I immediately bolted over to the 91 pitbox and spent the rest of the race cheering her on. If I couldn't win it, I'd love for her to win and to watch the boss lady finally get one was good enough to make me forget about my abrupt end.


VRR Reporter:
A unfortunate finish for Jackson, but not a complete loss for him because its his teammate and boss who's celebrating the win at the 500


And the theme song for our winner:

 
Last edited:
What did everyone think about the commentary?

They said my name right, THEY SAID MY NAME RIGHT! You guys are like the 2nd or 3rd in line of people to say it right the first time. Commentary is rather good if a tiny bit monotone, apart from that I'm happy with it.

The only thing I'd like added/done is if the leaderboard were to scroll through, I don't know if you have to do it manually or not but I'm sure anyone that isn't in the top 10 wants to know where they run. If It's too much hassle don't bother, it's just a little thing.
 
First off, those still aren't the right cars. I think it's on me though, I didn't check the files before resending the zip. Still watching the race so aside from having that first lap stolen from me, I don't have much yet. Good commentary though.

@Angel sorry, I know these are the right cars.
I had done Indy long before you sent me the right cars. They'll be there for Surfer's, but I had done 2015 Indy over a month ago.
 
"It's a real shame to be honest. We were the first car to be a lap down. Unfortunately, the engine just, for whatever, reason didn't work on race day and it eventually gave up the ghost. Not much to say to be honest. We'll just regroup and come back next race even more hungry to win. I've got to thank Honda for building a strong engine though. We gave it back to them and they were surprised it lasted as long as it did, so either I'm good at conserving equipment or it's built like a tank *giggles* Top notch work by Kuni though, full props to her. This has been a female and Honda dominated season, hopefully we can keep that rolling. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go find some money somewhere to buy another engine. I'm not quite sure where we will find this money, but it'll happen somehow"

I'm excited about the Coca-Cola Stock Car announcement 👍 Can't wait for more brilliant racing!
 
What did everyone think about the commentary?
For me, asides from there not being a dedicated pre-show and some name butchering near the end, it was fine. It's fantastic given you guys are doing this through Skype.
They said my name right, THEY SAID MY NAME RIGHT! You guys are like the 2nd or 3rd in line of people to say it right the first time. Commentary is rather good if a tiny bit monotone, apart from that I'm happy with it.

The only thing I'd like added/done is if the leaderboard were to scroll through, I don't know if you have to do it manually or not but I'm sure anyone that isn't in the top 10 wants to know where they run. If It's too much hassle don't bother, it's just a little thing.
The leaderboard has to be manually gone through, sadly.
 
I can work on running through the leaderboard more often, every caution or so. It is manual so sorry for that. Any criticism is welcome, and i apologize for major name butchering and confusion here and there, as most of it was on my part.
 
I can work on running through the leaderboard more often, every caution or so. It is manual so sorry for that. Any criticism is welcome, and i apologize for major name butchering and confusion here and there, as most of it was on my part.
I have a couple of ideas that I'll share privately to see what we can do on some levels for realism.
 
Reporter: First off, that was a huge shunt to end your race. What was your perspective on the crash?

VDL: I saw a couple cars get together in front of me and went low to avoid it. Unfortunatly Jackson just came down the track into me and I had nowhere to go. It was great to see everyone walk away from that one, it shows what a good job Dallara and the whole VRR team have done in making these cars safe.

Reporter: You had a bit of an up and down race, what can you take from this race to apply to the rest of the season?

VDL: Yeah, we started mid-pack and had a rough first stint, going a lap down after the first pitstop. We managed to fix the car in the stop, and fought all the way back to 11th before the crash, so that's a positive. The team has a lot of work to do to fix the car, but we'll try and build on the positives and come back stronger next round.

Reporter: A tough end to the race for Van der Linden, who ended this one in the wall.
 
Today was obviously a rough day in general. Audi under these cooler conditions were the favorites. Our engines have heavy problems with overheating. We didn't have that problem today, but the amount of accidents limited what we could do. For Behrris to get a podium after the day is amazing...On the crash with Rivera, I had three options. Jackson was on my outside, and Kuni was on the inside. I slammed on the brakes, but the brakes were cold and I couldn't slow up enough. My apologies to Rivera. We both were looking for positions near the front. Not the way we want it to end, and with Raven and Rivera together before I hit him, it hurt the team a lot. Onto Sebring we go.
 
VRR Reporter: We now have Camyron Jackson just coming back from the Victory lane celebration with winner Kunimitsu Kino****a. First off, its amazing to see you here after what took place.

Camyron Jackson: Yeah, its as crazy as it looked. If anything, I was more worried for the other cars as I had no idea who else hit me or that I hit as I was just rolling so I'm glad to hear that as far as I know, no one was injured. I was pretty fine, got the wind knocked out of me but that's the worse that happened.

VRR Reporter: Describe the first half of the race, it didn't seem like you had much going at the time.


Camyron Jackson: It was basically the problem we had all week with pace and we just didn't have that great a setup at the beginning so I just concentrated on finish as best as possible.

VRR Reporter: As for the second half, you suddenly found some speed and were actually around the top 10 for abit. What lead to that sudden performance?


Camyron Jackson: I think because of the adjustment made to the shocks, the air pressures and the time of day just woke the car up finally. The attrition helped alittle, but I had speed that I hadn't had all week so that allowed us to go up the field and it was just incredible to have the lead and the speed I did with it.

VRR Reporter: Obviously, you did not finish the race but it took three wrecks to end your day. Can you describe what happened at all in any of those incidents?


Camyron Jackson: Well the first one is hard to grasp really. I was about to enter the corner with the same wide sweep I had been doing before as I actually found speed with it and suddenly, Sebastian was there. No idea what he was doing there but I just went for the ride and surprisingly, the car didn't actually feel all that bad. The next one I can only blame Laresse. Honestly, who looks at everyone else checking up and just guns it? I was even going to the wall to allow people to go inside and for him to hit several cars that slowed up and cause that was unacceptable. I only got some nose damage, which was repairable and the crew did a good job to fixing what the could. The final one, I slipped up alittle as I had abit of aero push and there was Evangeline on the inside. Can't really blame her for that one as I left a gap and the laps were winding down.

VRR Reporter:
A DNF was not what you wanted, but you seemed to have completely disregarded it.

Camyron Jackson: While my race was over along with my other teammates, the teams wasn't so I immediately bolted over to the 91 pitbox and spent the rest of the race cheering her on. If I couldn't win it, I'd love for her to win and to watch the boss lady finally get one was good enough to make me forget about my abrupt end.


VRR Reporter:
A unfortunate finish for Jackson, but not a complete loss for him because its his teammate and boss who's celebrating the win at the 500


And the theme song for our winner:

Actually, it'd be more along the lines of Ascension by Tycho.
 
Back