[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,215 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
HOW DARE YOU! The Audi IMSA 90 is a glorious 5 cylinder turbo! 🤬

Well there's no need to swear, I just chose the wrong example, that's all... The Audi V8 Sedan can be used in lieu of the 90.
 
Well there's no need to swear, I just chose the wrong example, that's all... The Audi V8 Sedan can be used in lieu of the 90.
*epic ranting ensues for about 20 minutes* :lol:

Now, the 1990's Audi DTM (and from there on really) was a V8. And dang was it hawt. :drool:
 
I know it's late for the reactions but whatever:

We're starting to find more speed in the car, but we just need to find consistency in the setup. Realistically we can aim for a top 15 with hopes of pushing for a top 10. The big guys seem to be turning the wick up more and we need to keep up.
 
2015 Indy PQ01.JPG
2015 Indy PQ02.JPG
2015 Indy FP401.JPG
2015 Indy FP402.JPG
 
"Qualifying was garbage again for us. But hey, we were in the top 3 today. Maybe we can stir up the **** a little and give the big teams a bad day." - Me
 
After today's pole qualifying session at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Jacob Descoteau was not a happy camper. After taking a huge hit from last practice, and bump qualifying, he really didn't want to speak with us.
After taking 27th in qualifying for the 2015 Indianapolis 500, we tried to reach out to Jacob Descoteau. He didn't want a word, as he seemed rather frustrated. But following Carb Day Practice, we've seen the other side of him. "Taking 5th in the practice was a huge step forward," he exclaimed. "I'm really proud of that huge jump, and I see it only as a sign of things to come this weekend." As we look into the weekend, the race will be a grueling one. But, as always, it's Indianapolis, and Murphy's Law applies. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
 
Once again to be the top Honda in the field is a great honour. This is Indy so it's a big deal to even be on track. If I'm extremely thrilled to be hear and there are a lot if people that I need to thank for getting me this far. My parents obviously for giving up a lot of free weekends... and weeks... and sanity to help my career. My ex Jeremy for remaining a friend and helping with car setup and running the team. My sister for being my sister and being the team principle. CCM and Honda have been a huge help in getting us off the ground. We're just gonna stick our nose in and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be having the legendary milk with some tea at the end of the race!
 
Pole Qualifying was a major step in the right direction. We were able to hook up a really good lap to get us on to Row 2. Hopefully we can transfer that momentum to the race.

Carb Day was less fortunate for us as we spent most of the session preparing our race setup. We are now turning our full focus towards Race Day.
 
VRR Official: Congratulations on winning pole.

me: Whoawhoawhoawhoawhatnow? I got it? HOLY 🤬 I WON THE POLE! *Incoherent screaming, sounds like he's happy though*

As you can tell I'm stoked as hell, now we've got to figure out why Mike didn't have speed this go. Not too worried, as long as we don't hit each other come race day.
 
Alex Rivera: "We have have a pretty good May. Pole Day when well and so did Pole Day. Now on to the RACE!
 
So, we qualified 9th. Brilliant, but our Carb day lap that was only worth 29th would've easily taken pole. So the million dollar question here is.... What in the flying lap happened?
 
So, we qualified 9th. Brilliant, but our Carb day lap that was only worth 29th would've easily taken pole. So the million dollar question here is.... What in the flying lap happened?
Draft, my friend.
 
Mugen Motorsport is thrilled with today's session, with Aaron van der Linden set to line up from 17th on the grid. The Canadian scored the team's best result in an oval session so far, with the team encouraged by the steady progression since first practice.

"Wait, what? You're serious?" was Aaron van der Linden's reaction after returning to the pits to the news he had set fastest time. "We weren't even going for a time today, just working on a race setup that was easier on the tires. It's great to be on top at Indy, now we have to see if we can keep up this speed for the race.
 
Pole Day Qualifying for The Indy 500: "Honestly? That was probably the scariest run I've ever had in a car at racing speed. I feel lucky to just have kept the #77 out of the wall and make it back to pitlane, because between the high winds and the high track temperatures it was like running with no wings at all out there."

Carb Day Practice and Raceday predictions for The Indy 500: "I kind of want to take my comments on Qualifying back, because THAT was the closest I've come to scaring myself in a race car. Seriously, I'm convinced a poltergeist possessed our car after qualifying or something, because it would't stop, it wouldn't turn and nothing we did to try and fix the handling helped. What's really funny is that was our quickest time all month, but we ended up last..."

"I don't blame anybody though; We're all working hard at C-CBRR to get all of our cars up to the front of the pack. On the other hand, an old saying at Indianapolis goes that "You're only as good as your last practice run", so yeah of course I'm worried about raceday turning into a fat pile of nothing..."

"Who knows? It's a long race. Anything can and will happen here; I just hope I'm up front when the checkered flag falls."
 
"15th on the grid isn't where we'd like to be, but that's what we have, so we'll push to improve from there. Unfortunately something is wrong with Steven's car. It plagued him in qualifying and it plagued him most of Carb Day. We have no idea what it is. Hopefully we can solve it before race day.
 
A lot of information coming out tomorrow with the race. The race day post will contain:
-Race video
-Race results in .jpg format, like the rest of the results have been
-Race day tags
-2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 Theme Announcement
-Updated points standings for the standings that apply
-2017 Calendar reveal
-2017 Roster Update
-2017 VRR Super Endurance Roster Update
-Other things pertaining to the series.
 
Without further adieu, the 2015 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500! *I recommend not tab browsing to ensure a smooth video.*

2015 Indy 01.JPG
2015 Indy 02.JPG

More information on this will be coming on this very soon, but a support B-Spec series will be run in conjunction with the VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series at its oval events excluding Motegi. This series is meant as a way to introduce new people to B-Spec racing, but is open to anyone. This series will use the 2010 Car of Tomorrow mod for NR2003. More information will come out when the thread goes live this week. This series will also help uncover new talent in the broadcast booth, and I will be reaching out to those that have shown an interest in commentating. Stay tuned!
 
@Angel I'll post my in-character responses tomorrow after I've had a chance to watch the race.
 
VRR Reporter: Here's Kunimitsu Kino****a, climbing out of her car, the new and now reigning Indianapolis 500 champion! VRR stated that it would let the driver that won determine the drinking celebration this year, and here comes the milk! The tradition continues at the Brickyard! Kuni, your 6th attempt at this race, you led 66 laps en route to this amazing win. How does it feel compared to everything else you've won before?
Kunimitsu Kino****a: *smiles and drinks milk* Oh, you have no idea how amazing this feels! I JUST WON THE INDY 500! *raises hand in the air in defiance* The triple crown is done and dusted now for me, and all of it just feels so surreal at the moment. *takes a deep breath* I have to thank the team, both here and in Japan for setting up the cars. My team faced a lot of adversity today. Camyron and I both led, and unfortunately he was crashed out. Henna and Steven had issues, but we pressed on and oh god, those last few laps under caution were agonizing. We had enough fuel to go 210 laps, but the emotions that came through...I've never cried in a race car until today! It feels so amazing to just be here and to win here is an amazingly bright highlight. I have to thank Sony, Pepsi, and Honda for their support and their belief in us. We're here!
VRR Reporter: You had a long day flirting in and around the top 10. What was it like when that big one with Jackson happened and you got tagged a little?
Kunimitsu Kino****a: It was nerve racking to say the least. It was good to know that Camyron had gotten out okay. I was scared. First time I've ever been this close, and it was terrifying when he tapped the front of the car. Any damage was easily fixed and we went back to an older adjustment we had used to charge to the front after that caution. Secretly it was a godsend.
VRR Reporter: We'll let you celebrate. You've earned it. Kunimitsu Kino****a, welcome to immortality!
Kunimitsu Kino****a: Thank you! *fist pumps before spraying the milk everywhere*
 
*looking at car next to toolbox at the end of the race in street clothes, reporter comes over*
"Ryan, disappointing day is putting it lightly." - Brochang
"To be blunt it was awful. Feel bad for the crew, we thought after Carb Day that we actually had a shot at this and it uh...was ruined by some prat. Only 58 laps in. It sucks." - Me
"Have you spoken to Herrara?" - Brochang
"I'm putting distance between himself and I because I have a few choice words about his driving. He had a whole lane to himself on the bottom and decided to run up into the Rogers and me. Clearly Bristol was just a precursor to this." - Me
"You plan on speaking to Herrara?" - Brochang
"Not gonna waste my time with somebody who drives like an idiot. You can't fix stupid." - Me
"Comments on the second incident?"
"No. Larese decided to pull an Ayrton Senna and wrecked us all. I hope he's proud of himself for getting his license from a cereal box."
*Gives reporter a handshake and walks off towards red 1978 Aston Martin V8 Vantage*


*note all comments are related in game world situation world only...peace ya'll! :p 👍 *
 
Last edited:
After completing a mere 37 laps in today's race, Jacob Descoteau is one of the most disappointed drivers in the field. Inside the top 20, he was cruising along, just waiting for a caution. When asked for an interview, he only spoke a few words: "The car was running great, we had no mechanical gremlins at all throughout the week. I don't know what went wrong, but I'm hearing that we blew a header gasket. I want to thank Coca-Cola, Chevrolet, and the whole BRR Team for giving me the opportunity for all of this. Sadly, the only thing I can take from this is experience and I will put it to use in the 2016 race."
 
 
*looking at car next to toolbox at the end of the race in street clothes, reporter comes over*
"Ryan, disappointing day is putting it lightly." - Brochang
"To be blunt it was awful. Feel bad for the crew, we thought after Carb Day that we actually had a shot at this and it uh...was ruined by some prat. Only 58 laps in. It sucks." - Me
"Have you spoken to Herrara?" - Brochang
"I'm putting distance between himself and I because I have a few choice words about his driving. He had a whole lane to himself on the bottom and decided to run up into the Rogers and me. Clearly Bristol was just a precursor to this." - Me
"You plan on speaking to Herrara?" - Brochang
"Not gonna waste my time with somebody who drives like an idiot. You can't fix stupid." - Me
*Gives reporter a handshake and walks off towards red 1978 Aston Martin V8 Vantage*


*note all comments are related in game world situation world only...peace ya'll! :p 👍 *
That wasn't even what DNF'd you.
 
Back