[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,210 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
"God, where do I start? This race was just insanity, pure insanity for me. The biggest thing was that the car was working good right from the get-go and that kind of made me think I could get away with anything, so I made up a lot of ground at the start and worked our way up to the front and felt like I was banging wheels with everybody, Kino****a especially early on."

"I can't thank the crew at Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing enough for that; They were the ones that knew what to change and when to do it, but even then with how quickly the conditions out there could change on you it was a roll of the dice almost every few laps. Plus, with the wind the way it was, you had to try and figure out where you wanted to pass and the high line wasn't really an option for a lot of the race, so when I got a little loose off of Turn 4 and moved down on Monteiro and watched him fly through the air in my rear-view mirrors, I couldn't help but feel bad about it."

"Just another one of them racing deals, you know?"

"For me, the turning point was when I got shuffled back behind a bunch of lap traffic on that restart and Kino****a took off; I kind of go Red Mist all over my visor, used up my tires too much trying to catch up and though that was going to be it for me. I still feel damn lucky I could haul my #77 Sonic Burger/Coke Zero Special back up near the front at the end, but that caution right around lap 150 or so helped out a lot. Of course, the one right after it took away my advantage I was starting to build up and set up the survival run to the end..."

"I'll tell you one thing, having it end under caution and having 1st place RIGHT THERE, in front of me..."

*Long Pause followed by a sigh*

"Overall... I don't know what to think. I mean, I finished 2nd in my second STICS start. That hasn't been lost on me... But this is Indianapolis, you know? You take bigger risks here than anywhere else to get a prize that's bigger than anything else. One thing's for sure: I'll be back next year."
 
Last edited:
I had done Indy long before you sent me the right cars. They'll be there for Surfer's, but I had done 2015 Indy over a month ago.
Awesome, thank you. I also have a question, when we go to the next season, will we be able to change our stats somewhat?

Radio: "Come on MOVE.....Dammi-Ohhhh F///>\X..."

Driver RP:Well it was awesome starting on the pole, but we couldn't capitalize. We dropped out of the top 10 quickly but did manage to recover and hold in the mid pack. We were around a lot of accidents, no surprise as that seems to be almost natural coincidence anymore, but we kept working by the by but it seems we couldn't make up the pace for most oft he race. Still had the better day of our two cars, so we'll need to go back to the shop and figure out what's what. We did get the pole, lead a few laps, and did finish, so we do have a solid start. The back is a bit sore, but we keptgo ing despite having no speed at all.

Spectator reactions: Lap 1- On the pole.....aaaand he's gone.
Lap 3- Gnash is having a bad day.
A few times- "Rodgers and Christobal are going at each other!"
Lap 39- I know it sucks, but is 'Descoteau' pronounced like 'Dakota'?
Lap 60- IT'S ALL GONE WRONG!!! WHEEEEEE!!!
Lap 62- Losing the engine under caution really sucks.
Lap 71- Gnash! DO A BARREL ROLL!
Lap 77- Mike! Nooooo!
Lap 83- And the floodgates are now open. Also, Ow. Also also, Jesus got the shaft... and a few rod bits as well.
Lap 101- Nice save Mike!
Lap 112- Again Mike! Glad Nico is OK.
Lap 143- Move you Idiots!
Lap 164- FFS, you couldn't keep it in check Devereux?
Lap 170- Daaaaaamn!
Lap 172 to 175- Whut? Get outta tha way fool!
Finish- congrats to Kuni. Why was the 79 left out there again?

@Clayton Hardy was that 'Gleueh' a cringing sound? Not saying anything bad, those instances give more to the commentary to me, makes it legit real if you will. @nascarfan1400 I applaud both of you for being on top of facts, yet keeping it somewhat loose. I'm bloody jealous of both of you being able to rattle off the driver names at will almost. The only thing I have for improvement would be a run through the field at say the thirds or quarter points in the race, as well as not getting locked onto one driver for a long time. Losing your voices should get better with practice.

My biggest issue- why didn't all this take off when I could actively participate?!? I'd love to at least try my hand at the mic.
 
Awesome, thank you. I also have a question, when we go to the next season, will we be able to change our stats somewhat?
People can change their stats since I haven't said anything about where stats were capped at. People also have the choice to keep their stats the same.
 
I know I'm waiting on some cars for Indy. Here's the list of people I know I'm waiting on.
@Clayton Hardy -- Alternate scheme
@Jahgee -- Alternate scheme
@rcb929 -- Primary scheme
@BayneHamlin1121 -- Primary scheme
Is there anyone else working on an alternate scheme for this year?
 
I know I'm waiting on some cars for Indy. Here's the list of people I know I'm waiting on.
@Clayton Hardy -- Alternate scheme
@Jahgee -- Alternate scheme
@rcb929 -- Primary scheme
@BayneHamlin1121 -- Primary scheme
Is there anyone else working on an alternate scheme for this year?

I thought @Clayton Hardy would provide it for me, unless he wants me to do my own- which I can :)
 
Awesome, thank you. I also have a question, when we go to the next season, will we be able to change our stats somewhat?

Radio: "Come on MOVE.....Dammi-Ohhhh F///>\X..."

Driver RP:Well it was awesome starting on the pole, but we couldn't capitalize. We dropped out of the top 10 quickly but did manage to recover and hold in the mid pack. We were around a lot of accidents, no surprise as that seems to be almost natural coincidence anymore, but we kept working by the by but it seems we couldn't make up the pace for most oft he race. Still had the better day of our two cars, so we'll need to go back to the shop and figure out what's what. We did get the pole, lead a few laps, and did finish, so we do have a solid start. The back is a bit sore, but we keptgo ing despite having no speed at all.

Spectator reactions: Lap 1- On the pole.....aaaand he's gone.
Lap 3- Gnash is having a bad day.
A few times- "Rodgers and Christobal are going at each other!"
Lap 39- I know it sucks, but is 'Descoteau' pronounced like 'Dakota'?
Lap 60- IT'S ALL GONE WRONG!!! WHEEEEEE!!!
Lap 62- Losing the engine under caution really sucks.
Lap 71- Gnash! DO A BARREL ROLL!
Lap 77- Mike! Nooooo!
Lap 83- And the floodgates are now open. Also, Ow. Also also, Jesus got the shaft... and a few rod bits as well.
Lap 101- Nice save Mike!
Lap 112- Again Mike! Glad Nico is OK.
Lap 143- Move you Idiots!
Lap 164- FFS, you couldn't keep it in check Devereux?
Lap 170- Daaaaaamn!
Lap 172 to 175- Whut? Get outta tha way fool!
Finish- congrats to Kuni. Why was the 79 left out there again?

@Clayton Hardy was that 'Gleueh' a cringing sound? Not saying anything bad, those instances give more to the commentary to me, makes it legit real if you will. @nascarfan1400 I applaud both of you for being on top of facts, yet keeping it somewhat loose. I'm bloody jealous of both of you being able to rattle off the driver names at will almost. The only thing I have for improvement would be a run through the field at say the thirds or quarter points in the race, as well as not getting locked onto one driver for a long time. Losing your voices should get better with practice.

My biggest issue- why didn't all this take off when I could actively participate?!? I'd love to at least try my hand at the mic.
We try to keep it as realistic as possible. Neither of us know the results until after the finish, and neither of us watch the race beforehand. All of our reactions are really first time reactions.
 
@Angel my car is done aside from the series logo, which I can't get as @RACECAR's computer is out of commission for the moment. I could send you it now if you want, but it would have the wrong series logo on it

EDIT: Put the logo at the top of the OP on the car myself, here it is
 

Attachments

Last edited:
@Angel my car is done aside from the series logo, which I can't get as @RACECAR's computer is out of commission for the moment. I could send you it now if you want, but it would have the wrong series logo on it

EDIT: Put the logo at the top of the OP on the car myself, here it is
Two problems with it, but they are minor. 1) GTP Username needs to be on the rear wing, and 2) I'd prefer having this logo on the car instead.
upload_2015-6-18_20-16-41.png
 
Is there still any room open for this? I'd like to join in, it looks very interesting :)
 
Is there still any room open for this? I'd like to join in, it looks very interesting :)
I think the upcoming season is full, but I believe you can fill out a driver's form and be added to the 2017 Free Agents list...at least for Indycars. There is a secondary series that should be open soon IIRC.
 
I think the upcoming season is full, but I believe you can fill out a driver's form and be added to the 2017 Free Agents list...at least for Indycars. There is a secondary series that should be open soon IIRC.
So I just have to fill in the driver rating form, then?
 
Is there still any room open for this? I'd like to join in, it looks very interesting :)
Unfortunately, this season is filled. However, there's a couple teams looking for drivers for 2017.
So I just have to fill in the driver rating form, then?
The one for 2017 isn't ready yet. Just sit tight and I'll PM you things to fill out.
 
Unfortunately, this season is filled. However, there's a couple teams looking for drivers for 2017.

The one for 2017 isn't ready yet. Just sit tight and I'll PM you things to fill out.
That would be great, thanks! :D
 
A lot of news from my e-mail. Let's dive in shall we...
The Circuit of the Americas have showcased their 2016 calendar, which features two main events amongst a variety of others. COTA will host the Virtual Reality Racing Straight Talk IndyCar Series for the Spotify Indy Grand Prix of Austin, and the FICA Formula One World Championship for the United States Grand Prix. COTA, which hosts a two day promoter test before the IndyCar event, has highlighted the significance of the event. "For the first time in years, Formula One and IndyCar will have a direct comparison. What does each do better? We know what we are expecting, but what will actually happen? I think next year will be great for the venue." a spokesperson said Thursday.
The Orlando based team announced it was looking into a third and forth full time seat Wednesday, with Scuderia Rabia Furiosa and Cherokee Motorsports' third seat as potential targets. "There are a lot of free agents, and there's different opinions on who belongs in the full time seats. Everyone wants to be in it, but as a factory team, we have the best say in how they perform and the best opportunity to achieve championship goals." Stephanie Porter-Kelley said at the small conference. "Of all of the factory teams in the series in 2017, we are in the best position to take on teams like Black Rose Racing, who are just massive. To compete with them head on in every aspect is our mission and our goal. We'd honestly like to acquire the assets of Scuderia Rabia Furiosa more than settle with buying Cherokee's third seat. Keeping Rivera would be a key and he'd have factory support which he currently lacks. We'd then have the fourth seat to pick from the best available."
The British circuit announced it had formally withdrawn its 2017 pursuit of a race, instead focusing on a 2018 event. The circuit cited a lack of experience with modern high power formula cars to be comfortable with hosting an IndyCar event. The VRR IndyCar Series engines provide 700 horsepower, which is almost double the Formula Renault cars that have more recently visited the venue.
Mike Pero Motorsports Park, known commonly as Ruapuna, has officially been contracted a race from 2017 to 2020, with primary race sponsor being Audi for at least 2017. Pukekohe Circuit will also see the series visit for a promoter test in January. The race deal hinged on the only Kiwi currently in the field, Jamie Ngaire-Jardine, retaining a full time seat in 2017. The race is expected to be penciled in as round two of the championship behind Surfer's Paradise.
 
Two problems with it, but they are minor. 1) GTP Username needs to be on the rear wing, and 2) I'd prefer having this logo on the car instead.View attachment 493342
The rear wing is where the big italicised DuPont is, right? Do I need it on both sides or just the one?
 
Just the front side of the wing.
 
Are itashas allowed as an alternate livery as long as it's SFW?
 
I wouldn't allow it as a primary livery, but as an alternate sure.

I had never heard of it termed as an itasha.

My primary livery was already sorted. 👍
 
I'm referring to the future.

Okay. My primary won't be changing at all or very much in 2017 anyway.
 
I don't see how it shouldn't be a primary.
 
I don't see how it shouldn't be a primary.
Because it isn't something you'd see in IndyCar at all and if I wanted to really enforce the realism bit, that would be one of the many things enforced.
 
How will I show everyone how Kawaii I am though? Also, does this mean I can't be sponsored by my favorite anime, Cory in the House, next season?
 
Officially 10 days away from me running the 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 and from unveiling the 2017 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series calendar. Some minor business to take care of.

1) @Jahgee since you have your alternate in, do you want me to just use that for the rest of the season or do you want to retain the Lotus car?

2) I need race logos ASAP. The sooner the better so our top notch commentary crew can begin working on the races now rather than last minute.

3) I don't believe I'll going down the stock car route as a support series. A different more appealing idea was brought forward and I plan on doing that instead. I'll have that thread open around New Year's.

4) Rules on what the 2017 Liveries will require will be published in full after New Year's. I know there are a few biting at the bit to begin working on them now. I'm simply not ready to accept them yet due to 2016 being stuck in a midway spot.

5) As stated above, the 2016 Indy 500 will be run on New Year's. There are a few schemes I know I'm waiting on, but I'm not going to sit and wait forever. Unless there's a very good reason why, it'll be run on New Year's regardless on if I have everyone's schemes or not. Everyone had a month's notice.
 
Back