[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,210 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Stephanie Porter-Kelley, Driver-#84: "Wasn't a good race for us as a team. Double DNF was not what we wanted at all, and Lucas' inexperience showed tremendously. We have to regroup for Surfer's and just march on for the best."
 
Officially 10 days away from me running the 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 and from unveiling the 2017 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series calendar. Some minor business to take care of.

1) @Jahgee since you have your alternate in, do you want me to just use that for the rest of the season or do you want to retain the Lotus car?

2) I need race logos ASAP. The sooner the better so our top notch commentary crew can begin working on the races now rather than last minute.

3) I don't believe I'll going down the stock car route as a support series. A different more appealing idea was brought forward and I plan on doing that instead. I'll have that thread open around New Year's.

4) Rules on what the 2017 Liveries will require will be published in full after New Year's. I know there are a few biting at the bit to begin working on them now. I'm simply not ready to accept them yet due to 2016 being stuck in a midway spot.

5) As stated above, the 2016 Indy 500 will be run on New Year's. There are a few schemes I know I'm waiting on, but I'm not going to sit and wait forever. Unless there's a very good reason why, it'll be run on New Year's regardless on if I have everyone's schemes or not. Everyone had a month's notice.
If I can use the alternate all season, I'd like to
 
If I can use the alternate all season, I'd like to
Need to get it to load first. It won't load up in game.
 
Need to get it to load first. It won't load up in game.
I thought I sent a ZIP containing 2 TGA's, what did I send?
 
Officially 10 days away from me running the 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 and from unveiling the 2017 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series calendar. Some minor business to take care of.

1) @Jahgee since you have your alternate in, do you want me to just use that for the rest of the season or do you want to retain the Lotus car?

2) I need race logos ASAP. The sooner the better so our top notch commentary crew can begin working on the races now rather than last minute.

3) I don't believe I'll going down the stock car route as a support series. A different more appealing idea was brought forward and I plan on doing that instead. I'll have that thread open around New Year's.

4) Rules on what the 2017 Liveries will require will be published in full after New Year's. I know there are a few biting at the bit to begin working on them now. I'm simply not ready to accept them yet due to 2016 being stuck in a midway spot.

5) As stated above, the 2016 Indy 500 will be run on New Year's. There are a few schemes I know I'm waiting on, but I'm not going to sit and wait forever. Unless there's a very good reason why, it'll be run on New Year's regardless on if I have everyone's schemes or not. Everyone had a month's notice.


If I can get photoshop on my Laptop, then I'll have an alternate (or two if @KuniKino****a wants) done and sent to you by Saturday.

Also, I'll get the race logos going.
 
I thought I sent a ZIP containing 2 TGA's, what did I send?
It had one .tga that didn't load for whatever reason despite being the same size as the other.
 
It had one .tga that didn't load for whatever reason despite being the same size as the other.
Should I rezip and upload them again?
 
Should I rezip and upload them again?
Probably. Getting it to work is a big deal because the car actually looked really cool.
 
Officially 10 days away from me running the 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 and from unveiling the 2017 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series calendar. Some minor business to take care of.

1) @Jahgee since you have your alternate in, do you want me to just use that for the rest of the season or do you want to retain the Lotus car?

2) I need race logos ASAP. The sooner the better so our top notch commentary crew can begin working on the races now rather than last minute.

3) I don't believe I'll going down the stock car route as a support series. A different more appealing idea was brought forward and I plan on doing that instead. I'll have that thread open around New Year's.

4) Rules on what the 2017 Liveries will require will be published in full after New Year's. I know there are a few biting at the bit to begin working on them now. I'm simply not ready to accept them yet due to 2016 being stuck in a midway spot.

5) As stated above, the 2016 Indy 500 will be run on New Year's. There are a few schemes I know I'm waiting on, but I'm not going to sit and wait forever. Unless there's a very good reason why, it'll be run on New Year's regardless on if I have everyone's schemes or not. Everyone had a month's notice.
Yay! Now business.

2) Which ones do you need. I'm not that good, but I may be able to throw something together. Perhaps give the legit artist here something to get the gears turning.

3) Color me intrigued. Not stock cars, probably not Indy Lights Take 2, perhaps modifieds?

4) Ready to re-hash an old scheme, just give the word.

5) Hopefully the NCTX team can do better at this years 500 than last years 500.
 
Yay! Now business.

2) Which ones do you need. I'm not that good, but I may be able to throw something together. Perhaps give the legit artist here something to get the gears turning.

3) Color me intrigued. Not stock cars, probably not Indy Lights Take 2, perhaps modifieds?

4) Ready to re-hash an old scheme, just give the word.

5) Hopefully the NCTX team can do better at this years 500 than last years 500.
2) No idea. I had the Surfer's one somewhere, but didn't save it and haven't looked back through the thread yet to find it.

3) Actually it is a reboot of Indy Lights with a much different direction.

5) Should be interesting once I have all of the cars.
 
This should work
Nope. Still nada. Not sure what you screwed up.

Following the confirmation that they would only be running a single car, Nissan have decided to withdraw from the Straight Talk IndyCar Series. This leaves Henna Venalainen in the position to choose a different manufacturer for 2017.
 
Nope. Still nada. Not sure what you screwed up.

Following the confirmation that they would only be running a single car, Nissan have decided to withdraw from the Straight Talk IndyCar Series. This leaves Henna Venalainen in the position to choose a different manufacturer for 2017.
If this doesn't work, I'll import the cars into the game myself. In that case, what car body do the cars use?
 

Attachments

If this doesn't work, I'll import the cars into the game myself. In that case, what car body do the cars use?
Car body is Chevrolet in game.
 
2) No idea. I had the Surfer's one somewhere, but didn't save it and haven't looked back through the thread yet to find it.

3) Actually it is a reboot of Indy Lights with a much different direction.

5) Should be interesting once I have all of the cars.
I think three total were posted here; a Surfers, Three Rivers, and Milwaukee I think. Two are at the bottom of page 38, and the third on page 39. That said, I did make a basic one for Surfers I'll post up. Also very intrigued about this new direction, will be fun to see where you take it.
 

Attachments

  • NikonVRRRaceLogo.png
    NikonVRRRaceLogo.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 8
I think three total were posted here; a Surfers, Three Rivers, and Milwaukee I think. Two are at the bottom of page 38, and the third on page 39. That said, I did make a basic one for Surfers I'll post up. Also very intrigued about this new direction, will be fun to see where you take it.
You used the wrong layout of Surfer's. For 2016 we used the V8 Supercar layout.
 
Okay, so I've been requested by a few people to hold off running Indy for another week, placing it to January 7th. I'm going to give in this once just because there are so many schemes I do not have apparently. So January 7th, no later.
 
The Cherokee, North Carolina based outfit announced on Wednesday morning that it had sold its third full time seat to Cat Devil Racing. The transaction was made with the promise of technological cooperation between Audi and Honda and with a return gesture in the future from Cat Devil Racing. "From a competitive standpoint, with 5 engines in 2017, Ford joining in 2018, and Alfa Romeo in 2019, we need to ensure that what we have stays in place." Cherokee Motorsports owner Clayton Hardy commented. "That means helping the original manufacturers out. If Audi and Honda begin to share some information, that's double the information each other." However, VRR has specified that the engines have to remain starkly different, and information sharing would be limited to engine development that would not be presently in use. That means that the partnership means nothing for 2016.

Cat Devil Racing owner/driver Kunimitsu Kino****a commented on the transaction while in Sebring observing testing for endurance racing. "To have the deal completed means a lot to Honda, and we definitely thank Cherokee Motorsports and Audi for making the deal good on both sides. For 2017, we now have a 5 car field to attack Indy with."
 
You used the wrong layout of Surfer's. For 2016 we used the V8 Supercar layout.
Oh. OK. Had to modify the outline I had, but it was quick and easy. Here you go.
 

Attachments

  • NikonVRRRaceLogo.png
    NikonVRRRaceLogo.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 9
Kunimitsu Kino****a spoke openly on the topic of possibly visiting more than one Japanese track, based on the question of if the series 2017 growth stint would include that possibility. "With Honda being the only Japanese manufacturer in the series, it makes things easier. I can easily see Suzuka getting on the calendar. To be honest, I'd prefer Suzuka over an oval race Motegi. I'd feel much more proud as a Japanese driver if it happened. But that's all political and I can't reach that high." When asked if she thought that multiple tire brands would ever be an option, she was illusive. "It's more of an option than you'd probably think. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on, and I'm not entirely up to date on it, but last time I was informed, it was on the list of possible changes. I wish I knew more, but I'm just barely in the outer circle."
 
Decided on how I want to distribute the 2017 livery regulations. On January 8th, the five factory teams will be given the go ahead to begin work on 2017 liveries. The following month, the next five teams will be given the instructions and go ahead, followed by the next 5. There are currently 14 teams and a total of 40 reserved entries so far. I do not want anyone to submit their 2017 liveries before June 1st, and when you do submit them, I want both liveries you plan on using in the season at one time. ALL LIVERIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY OCTOBER 1, 2016. If you miss that deadline, the affected entries will be removed from the list and replaced. That's 6-9 months people. Surely enough time.

List of when teams can begin work...
January 8th, 2016:
Cat Devil Racing -- @KuniKino****a (5 entries)
Cherokee Motorsports -- @Clayton Hardy (4 entries)
Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing -- @Angel (3 entries)
Perl Speed GP -- @catamount39 (3 entries)
Polaris Motorsports -- @amaterasu (4 entries)

February 8th, 2016:
Ecurie Ecosse -- @AudiMan2011 (2 entries)
NCTX Motorsports -- @BKGlover (3 entries)
Swift Autosport -- @swiftsmith (2 entries)
Team Kate Upton -- @Jahgee (4 entries)
Team Porter -- @Angel (3 entries)

March 8th, 2016:
HRSC Racing -- @Harsk100 (2 entries)
Scuderia Rabia Furiosa -- @DcrRaikkonen (2 entries)
Team Christie Upton -- @Michelin (2 entries)
TBD -- @quietgirl (1 entry)
 
Decided on how I want to distribute the 2017 livery regulations. On January 8th, the five factory teams will be given the go ahead to begin work on 2017 liveries. The following month, the next five teams will be given the instructions and go ahead, followed by the next 5. There are currently 14 teams and a total of 40 reserved entries so far. I do not want anyone to submit their 2017 liveries before June 1st, and when you do submit them, I want both liveries you plan on using in the season at one time. ALL LIVERIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY OCTOBER 1, 2016. If you miss that deadline, the affected entries will be removed from the list and replaced. That's 6-9 months people. Surely enough time.

List of when teams can begin work...
January 8th, 2016:
Cat Devil Racing -- @KuniKino****a (5 entries)
Cherokee Motorsports -- @Clayton Hardy (4 entries)
Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing -- @Angel (3 entries)
Perl Speed GP -- @catamount39 (3 entries)
Polaris Motorsports -- @amaterasu (4 entries)

February 8th, 2016:
Ecurie Ecosse -- @AudiMan2011 (2 entries)
NCTX Motorsports -- @BKGlover (3 entries)
Swift Autosport -- @swiftsmith (2 entries)
Team Kate Upton -- @Jahgee (4 entries)
Team Porter -- @Angel (3 entries)

March 8th, 2016:
HRSC Racing -- @Harsk100 (2 entries)
Scuderia Rabia Furiosa -- @DcrRaikkonen (2 entries)
Team Christie Upton -- @Michelin (2 entries)
TBD -- @quietgirl (1 entry)

So that means the purpose-made template I'm doing should be sent to you by at least January 2nd.
 
Update on my end:

Transfers 1.png


Basically, I'm back in business ;)
 
And a DP to hammer the point. Glad you are set up, we have things to discuss.

Not sure why it did that. There was actually three posts and I managed to have the mods delete one (although they haven't deleted the other oddly enough).

Anyhow, I'm all ears :)
 
Over Christmas weekend, Polaris Motorsports celebrated by going to the desert. The team spent the weekend in Bahrain at the Bahrain International Circuit in Sahkir. "The track for these cars is phenomenal." Stephanie Porter-Kelley said after a session. "The security around the track is amazing, and the people that came to watch were very supportive of an IndyCar event here. They understand the difference between F1 and IndyCar quite well, and VRR needs to use that as an advantage." The circuit received security from the Bahrain National Guard, and the weekend went as planned.
 
Back