[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,207 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
2017 Schedule reveal in 2 days! As well as contingency sponsors for 2017 and one other important announcement. Let's hope the alcohol doesn't hit me too hard and I can unveil everything at about noon Eastern.
 
I love being within the VRR executive e-mail list. All the stuff she's talking about I've already filled out.
 
I love being within the VRR executive e-mail list. All the stuff she's talking about I've already filled out.
Please don't spoil it. It's actually a really cool idea you came up with.
 
Oh the joys of sibling squabbles. :lol:
 
@Angel

Just to be sure, same three Manufacterers (Honda, Chevy and Audi) or any other ones I need to add?
 
Aston Martin, Audi, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Honda

Ok, so I'll add Ferrari and Aston Martin.
 
Update: So both makes have been added. Is the series logo staying in the same place on the car?
 
Update: So both makes have been added. Is the series logo staying in the same place on the car?
Yes.
 
Ok then, I'll just put some finishing touches on it.
 
To think this will be my third New Year's in the US. Really cool to be in my second home.
 
Happy New Year's to everyone. As promised, here is what I've been talking about for a while now.
Exhibition: 2017 Monster Shootout/Phoenix International Raceway/125 laps/08 January 2017
Test: Sebring Open Test/Sebring International Raceway/120 minutes/22 January 2017
Test: Barbagallo Season Test/Barbagallo Raceway/120 minutes/05 February 2017
Round 01: Qantas Indy 300/Calder Park Thunderdome/250 laps/12 February 2017
Round 02: Nikon Indy Grand Prix of the Gold Coast/Surfer's Paradise Street Circuit/62 laps/19 February 2017
Round 03: Audi Indy Grand Prix of Ruapuna/Mike Pero Motorsports Park/97 laps/26 February 2017
Round 04: Fuji Television Indy Grand Prix of Suzuka/Suzuka International Race Course/53 laps/05 March 2017
Round 05: Honda Indy 300/Twin Ring Motegi/200 laps/12 March 2017
Round 06: Firestone Indy Grand Prix of St. Petersburg/St. Petersburg Street Circuit/110 laps/26 March 2017
Round 07: Cafes do Brasil Indy 300/Homestead-Miami Speedway/200 laps/02 April 2017
Round 08: Coca-Cola Indy Grand Prix of Alabama/Barber Motorsports Park/90 laps/09 April 2017
Round 09: Craftsman Indy 300/Atlanta Motor Speedway/200 laps/16 April 2017
Round 10: Coca-Cola Indy 600/Kentucky Speedway/400 laps/23 April 2017
Round 11: 2017 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500/Indianapolis Motor Speedway/200 laps/14 May 2017
Round 12: Firestone 600K/Kansas Speedway/248 laps/21 May 2017
Round 13: Molson Indy Edmonton/Edmonton Street Circuit/89 laps/04 June 2017
Round 14: Molson Indy Mosport/Canadian Tire Motorsports Park/81 laps/11 June 2017
Round 15: DHL Indy 300/Michigan International Speedway/150 laps/02 July 2017
Round 16: Chevrolet Indy Grand Prix of Detroit/Raceway on Belle Isle/84 laps/09 July 2017
Round 17: Intel Indy Grand Prix of Cleveland/Burke Lakefront Airport/94 laps/16 July 2017
Round 18: Lipton Indy 300/Dover International Speedway/300 laps/30 July 2017
Round 19: Michelin Indy 500/Pocono Raceway/200 laps/06 August 2017
Round 20: Samsung Indy 300/Memphis Motor Speedway/400 laps/13 August 2017
Round 21: FedEx Indy 300/Milwaukee Mile/300 laps/20 August 2017
Round 22: Harley Davidson Indy Grand Prix of Elkhart Lake/Road America/49 laps/27 August 2017
Round 23: SanDisk Indy 300/Texas Motor Speedway/200 laps/03 September 2017
Round 24: Firestone Indy Grand Prix of Austin/Circuit of the Americas/10 September 2017
Round 25: Audi Indy 300/EuroSpeedway Lausitz/148 laps/24 September 2017
Round 26: Aston Martin Indy Grand Prix of Brno/Automotodrom Brno/45 laps/01 October 2017
Round 27: Nestle Indy Grand Prix of Nogaro/Circuit Paul Armagnac/88 laps/15 October 2017
Round 28: Ferrari Indy Grand Prix of Montmelo/Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya/66 laps/22 October 2017
Round 29: Pirelli Indy Grand Prix of Sahkir/Bahrain International Circuit/55 laps/05 November 2017
Round 30: VRR World Championship/Auto Club Speedway/250 laps/12 November 2017

Races new for 2017...
-Phoenix takes over hosting rights for the Monster Shootout from 2017 to 2019.
-Calder Park Raceway will host a race from 2017 to 2020.
-Surfer's Paradise will remain on the calendar until at least 2020. The 2017 race will defer to the 2006 layout of the track.
-Mike Pero Motorsports Park will host an event from 2017 to 2019.
-Suzuka International Race Course will host an event from 2017 to 2020.
-Atlanta will host a single race in 2017.
-Kentucky extended its contract, hosting a 600 mile race from 2017 to 2026.
-Kansas Speedway will take over hosting rights for the Firestone 600K from 2017 to 2020.
-Edmonton Street Circuit will take the place of Trois-Rivieres in a deal from 2017 to 2019.
-Michigan International Speedway will join the calendar starting in 2017.
-The Raceway on Belle Isle will join the calendar starting in 2017.
-Memphis Motor Speedway will host a one off event in 2017.
-Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya will host an event from 2017 to 2019.
-Bahrain International Circuit will host an exploration event in 2017. Future races will not be confirmed until after the inaugural event.

Races gone for 2017...
-Bristol Motor Speedway will take a hiatus before coming to the calendar as a points event in 2018.
-Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez will take an undefined hiatus from the series after 2016.
-Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course will take a hiatus beginning in 2017.
-Long Beach Street Circuit will not appear in any form on the 2017 calendar. It will become a points event in 2018.
-Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca will go on hiatus starting in 2017.

Take a good long look at this calendar. The series calendar, starting in 2018, will never be as large as this again. I could have just cut to the 2018 calendar, but I felt that a realistic leadup to that 2018 calendar was needed. Thus, the 2017 season is a overly large touch and go season. I don't expect everyone to watch every single race in 2017. I know that it'll get tedious. But feedback going into 2018 would be appreciated.

Beginning to accept entries to the 2016 Coca-Cola Indy Lights Series season. Why is there not a thread? Well, I think it might be a little late to have everyone make cars for the series, so the 2016 season will be a beta season. People that feel inclined can make a livery if they want, but people can also go for liveries already present in the mod we are using. This series, unlike the first attempt, will be open to anyone in and out of the Straight Talk IndyCar Series. The series is still aimed at people either new to VRR or new to B-Spec racing, but I also understand that there needs to be an actual field going forward, and having established drivers in the field as well would be a great way to get some people rolling. Since 2016 is a beta season, the races will not be broadcast on YouTube. Beginning in 2017, they will be, as everyone will have to have their own special livery. But for 2016, our goal is to fill the field before March 20th so we can run Homestead without a hitch. Another question I know will be asked is what races will the series run as a support series to? Every oval race outside of Motegi is the answer to that. That is also planned on being expanded in 2017, but keeping it to mostly ovals for the new guys or those not in the Straight Talk IndyCar Series full time would be a great idea. This means 2016 will be about 9 races long.

So, throwing some feelers out there for new talent, @ECGadget @Kingofweasles @ScuderiaLucas @Michelin @BayneHamlin1121 @GranTurismo916 @Luis Torres @rcb929 @Gerarghini @Earth @Furinkazen @goofytyler

Also, 7 days to have the liveries for the 2016 Indy 500 in if you don't already. I know I'm missing several.
 
I'm definitely interested in competing in the Indy Lights series @Angel . Unfortunately, my laptop is on the fritz, so I can't download what I need to start making a livory and need to hook up withe an existing team (*Hint* *Hint*).
 
Cat Devil Racing owner/driver Kunimitsu Kino****a was available to comment on the 2017 calendar released on New Year's. The calendar, which features 30 points races, an exhibition, and a pair of two day tests, will be the largest for the series' history and a feat that VRR has already confirmed will not be happening in the near or distant future. "Obviously, I'm very excited for the addition of races here in Japan and the Oceanian region. It helps our home base tremendously not having to constantly ship everything between New York and Kyoto. We can send out equipment in sections while we focus on the first part of the season. Which will be a timesaver for turnarounds when we get to the end of the season. Races like Kentucky will be historic, and I think Atlanta will be a lot of fun with the character that track has. Going to Edmonton I think will be interesting with how the airport circuits are and how popular it is. Michigan will be a highlight for me. My first race there was the test last year and I did very good there. I want to do the same when points matter. Races I think that will make my year will be Suzuka, Motegi, Barcelona, and Sahkir. Home field advantage with Motegi, and a lot of experience from Formula 1 at Suzuka, Barcelona, and Sahkir. I'm genuinely excited for the future of the series. It looks very bright and I think once we get to 2018, it'll be even better."

There was also a probing question, who would occupy the final Cat Devil Racing full season drive, Kino****a gave a finite response. "We have our driver, and the sponsors are on board. A formal announcement will come during the season, no sooner than that."
 
What cars are available for Indy Lights? @Angel
Cars from the 2012 season. I don't have an immediate list on me.
I'm definitely interested in competing in the Indy Lights series @Angel . Unfortunately, my laptop is on the fritz, so I can't download what I need to start making a livory and need to hook up withe an existing team (*Hint* *Hint*).
We already arranged this.
 
Cat Devil Racing owner/driver Kunimitsu Kino****a was available to comment on the 2017 calendar released on New Year's. The calendar, which features 30 points races, an exhibition, and a pair of two day tests, will be the largest for the series' history and a feat that VRR has already confirmed will not be happening in the near or distant future. "Obviously, I'm very excited for the addition of races here in Japan and the Oceanian region. It helps our home base tremendously not having to constantly ship everything between New York and Kyoto. We can send out equipment in sections while we focus on the first part of the season. Which will be a timesaver for turnarounds when we get to the end of the season. Races like Kentucky will be historic, and I think Atlanta will be a lot of fun with the character that track has. Going to Edmonton I think will be interesting with how the airport circuits are and how popular it is. Michigan will be a highlight for me. My first race there was the test last year and I did very good there. I want to do the same when points matter. Races I think that will make my year will be Suzuka, Motegi, Barcelona, and Sahkir. Home field advantage with Motegi, and a lot of experience from Formula 1 at Suzuka, Barcelona, and Sahkir. I'm genuinely excited for the future of the series. It looks very bright and I think once we get to 2018, it'll be even better."

There was also a probing question, who would occupy the final Cat Devil Racing full season drive, Kino****a gave a finite response. "We have our driver, and the sponsors are on board. A formal announcement will come during the season, no sooner than that."
All anyone has to do is look at your wall. It's right there.
 
SRF has announced that Stefan Montana will retain his 2nd after the other driver they were looking at decided to look for other options.
 
Sakura Ishibashi, who joined Cat Devil Racing as a reserve driver in Formula One, has formally announced that role also applies in the case of injury for 2016 and that she will occupy the final full time Cat Devil Racing seat in 2017. Ishibashi will bring onboard shipping giant DHL Express, as well as munitions manufacturer Smith & Wesson and sports network channel ESPN. Sony will also serve as an associate sponsor on her car, as it will on the rest of the Cat Devil Racing team cars in addition to being Kunimitsu Kino****a's primary sponsor. "To have this deal in place and know I have a future in one of the most engaging, most competitive series around is a relief and a joy." Ishibashi released in a statement Wednesday. "I will undoubtedly spend more time in an IndyCar testing than in any other car this year, and I will be ready for when I debut. I welcome this new challenge and embrace it. I can't wait to get behind the wheel." Ishibashi will have the car number 18 when she debuts in 2017.
 
Back