[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,203 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
I know I need to find the ones I made. Hopefully, they weren't deleted when I had that issue.
 
How many are stil open
I'm counting eight or so. All the Audi races, Nestle, Rolex, spotify, the championship race, and H-D

I'm not stopping at a number, if I have an idea for any event I'll make it, send it, and hope it isn't absolute crap. I'm up to eight, working on nine right now, and seven look like they are gonna be used.
 
Going to share some fun facts, or bloopers to pass the time.
1) Motegi and Homestead got ran twice due to me forgetting the race replays. Had I remembered to save them the first time around, @RACECAR would have been injured in a crash at Motegi, and @DCybertron would have been injured in a crash at Homestead.
2) Had @KuniKino****a kept her original idea, her series wouldn't have been F1, but it would have been Champ Car and would have acted as a deliberate competitor to this series. That series idea now lies in the hands of either @amaterasu or @Sakura which means it might still happen in the future. *gulp*
3) Willow Springs was originally supposed to be on the 2016 calendar, but was cut when I found out that the field would start in the sand behind the outside wall on the pit straight.
4) Toronto was cut from the calendar because it only supports up to 23 cars, which means we'll never be going to Toronto.
 
Going to share some fun facts, or bloopers to pass the time.
1) Motegi and Homestead got ran twice due to me forgetting the race replays. Had I remembered to save them the first time around, @RACECAR would have been injured in a crash at Motegi, and @DCybertron would have been injured in a crash at Homestead.
2) Had @KuniKino****a kept her original idea, her series wouldn't have been F1, but it would have been Champ Car and would have acted as a deliberate competitor to this series. That series idea now lies in the hands of either @amaterasu or @Sakura which means it might still happen in the future. *gulp*
3) Willow Springs was originally supposed to be on the 2016 calendar, but was cut when I found out that the field would start in the sand behind the outside wall on the pit straight.
4) Toronto was cut from the calendar because it only supports up to 23 cars, which means we'll never be going to Toronto.
:odd::odd::odd::odd::odd: Umm...

1) So I assume injuries may be more common than in GTPFS?
2) It's a series, but with the small bit of knowledge of I have on Indy v. CART/ChampCar, does that mean we would have to choose a side?
3) Sounds like willow springs can be written off.
4) If both #2s were to happen, though...

Also, I'm soooooo ready for racing I can dig into. :banghead: C'MON FEBRUARY!
 
:odd::odd::odd::odd::odd: Umm...

1) So I assume injuries may be more common than in GTPFS?
2) It's a series, but with the small bit of knowledge of I have on Indy v. CART/ChampCar, does that mean we would have to choose a side?
3) Sounds like willow springs can be written off.
4) If both #2s were to happen, though...

Also, I'm soooooo ready for racing I can dig into. :banghead: C'MON FEBRUARY!
1) Injuries will be on a realistic basis, whether it's concussions or broken bones. By default it'll be more common as it is in real life.
2) No. It would just mean the AI names here wouldn't have been allowed there.
3) It's as likely as Isle of Man now.
4) Both Sakura and Steph have said that if they were to follow through, Toronto would be a shoo in.
 
Going to share some fun facts, or bloopers to pass the time.
1) Motegi and Homestead got ran twice due to me forgetting the race replays. Had I remembered to save them the first time around, @RACECAR would have been injured in a crash at Motegi, and @DCybertron would have been injured in a crash at Homestead.
2) Had @KuniKino****a kept her original idea, her series wouldn't have been F1, but it would have been Champ Car and would have acted as a deliberate competitor to this series. That series idea now lies in the hands of either @amaterasu or @Sakura which means it might still happen in the future. *gulp*
3) Willow Springs was originally supposed to be on the 2016 calendar, but was cut when I found out that the field would start in the sand behind the outside wall on the pit straight.
4) Toronto was cut from the calendar because it only supports up to 23 cars, which means we'll never be going to Toronto.
So let me get this straight...had it not been for you being a derp, half of my team would have been injured? Please continue to conveniently derp about.
 
There's no chance in hell I'm doing a Champ Car series. Open wheel is about as good as it'll be as far as B-Spec is concerned. However...there is something else sliding through the pipeline for next year that Angel approved, which should be good.
 
Some things to cover today. First off, in just two months, the VRR YouTube channel has acquired 24 subscribers, and 160 views from just two races. So for everyone who played a role in those statistics, thank you.

Also, going to make a list of the race logos I have and don't have. Races with a line through them are races I have a logo for.
2015 Monster Shootout
2015 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 Mile Race
Nikon Indy Grand Prix of the Gold Coast
Honda Indy 300
Telcel Indy Grand Prix of Mexico City
Firestone Indy Grand Prix of Saint Petersburg
Cafes do Brasil 300

Coca-Cola Indy Grand Prix of Alabama
FurAffinity Indy 300
Honda Indy Grand Prix of Ohio

Round 09: 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 Mile Race/Indianapolis Motor Speedway/200 laps/15 May 2016
Chevrolet Indy Grand Prix of Cleveland Race 1
Chevrolet Indy Grand Prix of Cleveland Race 2

Round 12: Audi Indy Grand Prix of Bowmanville/Canadian Tire Motorsport Park/81 laps/05 June 2016
Toshiba Indy Grand Prix of the Three Rivers
GTPlanet Indy Grand Prix of Long Beach
Firestone 600K
Round 15: Spotify Indy Grand Prix of Austin/Circuit of the Americas/56 laps/03 July 2016
FedEx Indy 300
Round 17: Harley-Davidson Indy Grand Prix of Elkhart Lake/Road America/TBD/17 July 2016
Lipton Indy 300
Pocono Indy 500
Round 20: Audi Indy 300/EuroSpeedway Lausitzring/148 laps/21 August 2016
Round 21: Audi Indy Grand Prix of Masaryk/Automotodrom Brno/45 laps/04 September 2016
Round 22: Nestle Indy Grand Prix of Nogaro/Circuit Paul Armagnac/88 laps/18 September 2016
Round 23: Rolex Indy Grand Prix of Monterey/Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca/90 laps/02 October 2016
Round 24: VRR World Championships/Auto Club Speedway/250 laps/09 October 2016

Remember that the Indy 500 and the season finale are competitions.
 
I just want to see which numb-skull takes me out this time when we hit Oz.
 
So...gonna share a record of the VRR Indy 500, including when it was an IRG A-Spec event.
VRR Indy 500 Pre 2016.JPG


In the year column, the blue with red is when it was IRG hosted, where as the yellow and black is the VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series. The pole sitter and race winner columns will either have blue or pink depending on driver gender. The team columns will have red for Honda, yellow for Chevy, and gray for Audi. It'll be interesting to look at this in the future definitely.
 
So...gonna share a record of the VRR Indy 500, including when it was an IRG A-Spec event.View attachment 505331

In the year column, the blue with red is when it was IRG hosted, where as the yellow and black is the VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series. The pole sitter and race winner columns will either have blue or pink depending on driver gender. The team columns will have red for Honda, yellow for Chevy, and gray for Audi. It'll be interesting to look at this in the future definitely.
Is it sad that seeing myself on that list gives me a small sense of pride?
 
Is it sad that seeing myself on that list gives me a small sense of pride?

The fact that you're on a list where you aren't DNF or dead last is less sad then what I'm contending with so far :lol:
 
So I've replicated what I could of my livery in Forza 6 using the 2015 Chevrolet as a base. Pics coming soon.
 
Cherokee Motorsports owner Clayton Hardy announced on Saturday that it would not be fielding extra entries for the 2017 Indianapolis 500 or the other triple crown events. When asked why this decision was made, Hardy had this to reply: "As an owner, you always want to win the biggest race of the season. But at the same time, the more entries there are for this race, the more likely that the entire team can be knocked out of it. I look at it as a civil duty to make sure my full time drivers are able to have the best chance at making the race. Having a possibility of 42 entries for 33 spots is a ridiculous amount and with this, I hope more people are sensible enough to not try to fill the grid to max capacity for Auto Club and Indy."
 
darn, no doge or RC cola car :indiff:
 
darn, no doge or RC cola car :indiff:
RC Cola is the primary sponsor of the #96 in 2017. He's just saying he won't have more than two cars next year.
 
oohhhh. Got it.
 
Winning the Indianapolis 500, having been a part of it under the IRG banner and the VRR banner, is undoubtedly one of the highest honors I've ever had. Back when we ran it A-Spec on rFactor, I had raced in it several times, watching people like Steph and Cristine really charge through the fields and battle each other. I watched as miracles happened and nightmares began, and I had my fair share of those nightmares. For half a decade, Indy was that one place that haunted me as the place I'd never win at. I'd competed in Grands Prix there, the 500 five different times, the Brickyard 400 twice, and numerous different other smaller events. I'd never finished higher than 13th in any of them at the Brickyard. Crossing the line last month, realizing that the years of frustration, the years of agony, of watching legends and promising people be ripped away from fulfilling their legacy, I didn't care that there was a caution, or that it was December and it was cold, or that there or only 11 cars still running across that yard of bricks that final time. I finally won at Indianapolis. One thing I remember distinctly, a few years ago, before Cristine passed away, was what she had told me about oval racing, and about Indy. "Oval racing isn't any less difficult than road racing. It requires much different skills, but it's still the same mentality. You've won Monaco, you've won Le Mans. You'll win Indy one day. Indy is probably the first oval you'll win at because it's so different from all the rest. All of the patience you have, and the skills you have in developing a game plan are your best friend and always will be." Winning Indy means more to me than two Formula One titles, the Le Mans win, and every other win I'll ever get in the future. The people that taught me the most about how to be myself in a race car were not able to watch that win, so that 2015 Indy 500 win goes to them. The next one is purely for me.
 
Since late 2014, Virtual Reality Racing has been represented with a red, white and green color scheme. VRR Founder Angel Porter has confirmed that the colors will be different for 2017 and beyond. Starting on January 1st, 2017, VRR will be changing to a special color scheme. The 2015 Indy 500 winner, the 2016 Indy 500 winner and the 2016 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series champion will each choose a color, with the 2015 Indy 500 winner choosing the color for the word Virtual, the 2016 Indy 500 winner choosing the color for Reality, and the 2016 IndyCar driver champion choosing the color for Racing.
Dover is scheduled to host the Lipton Indy 300 on July 31st this year, marking the return of IndyCar since the Indy Racing League left following a race in 2000. However, Dover has began feeling the pressure of the return of open wheel racing. Speeds are expected to touch if not exceed 200 miles per hour on the 1 mile concrete oval, and with the high downforce that the cars are expected to run, Dover is pleading to VRR and Firestone to help make the cars slower in the corners. Black Rose Racing Team owner/driver Evangeline Porter is not in agreement with Dover, saying "When we tested at Dover last fall, the cars were barely tipping over 185. We weren't having to lift at all, but we weren't running dangerously fast. The tires were durable and everything felt smooth. I think they're overestimating the heat for the race because 200 at Dover will be a hard thing to achieve in high downforce."
On the other side of the fence, Polaris Motorsports owner/driver Stephanie Porter-Kelley is in support of the added precaution. "Dover has obviously seen something in the data that concerns them. Whether we agree with it or not is pure opinion, but they're asking for more safety and the series either responds or it doesn't. I'd like to know going into that weekend that every concern has been addressed so we can focus on our jobs 100 percent."
 
Back